What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Didn't picture you the comic book type. You need to visit our place and see Chris' comic book collection. Thousands of them!
Nope, not the comic kind of guy. I will say though, Id love to go to Comicon one day just for the people watching.
Somewhere, I have the first He-Man comic. #1. I think I still have it.

LindsayLoves

Had NO desire to get out there this morning but once I did it turned out for the best - as always. 4.82 mi at 9'11". Have to work this weekend so the long run will have to wait until next weekend.

joel_maxwell

Nice runs today guys!

As for me, ToT training continues. Tonight I made a night run. It was a new moon so it was SO dark Loved it. So many stars.

NS 4.5 miles with a 8:30 average pace. The thing Im proud of, if you are going to do a night run to prepare for a night event, might as well have a full stomach just in case. Ate a big dinner at 6, ran at 8:30.

I love this because it really lets you practice managing cramps. They tried, but I made them go away.

a2grafix

Hey kids, sorry I have been silent for a few weeks, well more like 3. I recently moved across country for a new job, moved down to the Mid-South, the Bluff City, the birth of blues and Graceland. Big change from the Midwest and northern Ohio. Loving it and adjusting to the climate, surroundings and my new job. Haven't been around a computer all that much and was not able to run for about a week. Slacker, I know but call me a man with no home for 2 weeks, living out of 2 hotels and getting bit by bed bugs or fleas (another story for another time).

But since I have relocated to Memphis, I have been running mainly 5Ks, give or take.

I have run 4 times since I moved, some in the middle of the day in the high heat and 90-plus humidity, sometimes I ran at dawn just because it was 77 at 7am and that was the coolest of the day, and a looming 105-109 heat index. I ran twice last weekend at my new favorite park - the sprawling Shelby Farms Park - that has a series of trails in varying lengths, from a 2.75 loop and 1.65 loop and a 6-mile loop.

Sept. 11 morning ran 3 miles through Downtown Memphis in about 31 minutes or so. The hot heat and humidity broke Sept. 7-8, so it's been nicer in the low to mid 80s with low humidity, and it has been good running weather. The bad part is that I live downtown and I have had to "taste" the local fare while moving in (no time to really cook).

Since late July I have not run anything over 7 miles. I feel really good sticking to my normal routine of a 5K or just about, in and around 9-10 minute pace. Several times it felt like I could run more than 3.5 miles, maybe 4 or so.

I know we are 16 days away from the big race night, but I hope in the next 2 weeks (I arrive Sept 27) I can increase my distance running. I am sure I know I will accomplish the 10-mile Tower run and I have confidence I will do it in about 90-100 minutes. I'm going to have fun and run while I am on vacation.

Since this race was unveiled I have been running short distances of 1.5-2 or 3 miles each outing. I'm pretty sure I can trick my mind into believing the 10 miles is not that long. At least there will be characters cheering me on. Maybe I will be running in the same Corral as you.

After the Sept. 29 race I have told myself I am not going to stop running. I am already looking forward to running several 5Ks in and around the Memphis region. I have to, I need to keep active.

Kristia

After the Sept. 29 race I have told myself I am not going to stop running. I am already looking forward to running several 5Ks in and around the Memphis region. I have to, I need to keep active.
Definitely the toughest part for me! I sometimes need to have a race in the schedule to keep running especially when I first started. Now it is becoming a habit but I still like to have a race to look forward too! Good luck at the TOT race!

joel_maxwell

Hey kids, sorry I have been silent for a few weeks, well more like 3. I recently moved across country for a new job, moved down to the Mid-South, the Bluff City, the birth of blues and Graceland. Big change from the Midwest and northern Ohio. Loving it and adjusting to the climate, surroundings and my new job. Haven't been around a computer all that much and was not able to run for about a week. Slacker, I know but call me a man with no home for 2 weeks, living out of 2 hotels and getting bit by bed bugs or fleas (another story for another time).

But since I have relocated to Memphis, I have been running mainly 5Ks, give or take.

I have run 4 times since I moved, some in the middle of the day in the high heat and 90-plus humidity, sometimes I ran at dawn just because it was 77 at 7am and that was the coolest of the day, and a looming 105-109 heat index. I ran twice last weekend at my new favorite park - the sprawling Shelby Farms Park - that has a series of trails in varying lengths, from a 2.75 loop and 1.65 loop and a 6-mile loop.

Sept. 11 morning ran 3 miles through Downtown Memphis in about 31 minutes or so. The hot heat and humidity broke Sept. 7-8, so it's been nicer in the low to mid 80s with low humidity, and it has been good running weather. The bad part is that I live downtown and I have had to "taste" the local fare while moving in (no time to really cook).

Since late July I have not run anything over 7 miles. I feel really good sticking to my normal routine of a 5K or just about, in and around 9-10 minute pace. Several times it felt like I could run more than 3.5 miles, maybe 4 or so.

I know we are 16 days away from the big race night, but I hope in the next 2 weeks (I arrive Sept 27) I can increase my distance running. I am sure I know I will accomplish the 10-mile Tower run and I have confidence I will do it in about 90-100 minutes. I'm going to have fun and run while I am on vacation.

Since this race was unveiled I have been running short distances of 1.5-2 or 3 miles each outing. I'm pretty sure I can trick my mind into believing the 10 miles is not that long. At least there will be characters cheering me on. Maybe I will be running in the same Corral as you.

Welcome to the south. When you cant breathe next summer while trying to run outdoors, just keep running. ;)
5.5 miles at a 9:35 pace and 1 hr of yoga/pilates this morning.

CRUNCH TIME for the TOT10M!!!
Bring it girl! Nice workout.

joel_maxwell

Swimming this am. A "tri" coach was there as I have seen him with his clients for the last 6 Fridays. I small talked him for a minute and he told me about a Tri Clinic that he holds in the spring for 12 weeks. Might do it. It sounds good and worth $200.

Anyway, he corrected my "stroke" on my reach and wow, what a difference that makes to not bring your hand directly in front of you to reach, but keep it about 6 inches off center. Huge difference.

Long run tomorrow. Have a great Friday

Mr mom

Just my weights and my 6.4. No running this weekend and next weekend I go to NH, so I am going to try and get a long run in next week before I go.

JillC LI

Nice runs today guys!

As for me, ToT training continues. Tonight I made a night run. It was a new moon so it was SO dark Loved it. So many stars.

NS 4.5 miles with a 8:30 average pace. The thing Im proud of, if you are going to do a night run to prepare for a night event, might as well have a full stomach just in case. Ate a big dinner at 6, ran at 8:30.

I love this because it really lets you practice managing cramps. They tried, but I made them go away.

It really is worth trying an after dinner run before the race for all those running it. I will never forget running the TOT race when it was a 13K on a super-full stomach right after dinner at Le Cellier. The extra pretzel bread, cheddar cheese soup, huge steak, and chocolate cake dessert sure seemed like a good idea at the time . . . but not so much during the race! LOL

I think it's great how many on this board are running the TOT 10M this year. Wish I could be there too. But I am looking forward to our surprise-the-kids December trip so much so that makes me feel better. What I'm really still upset about is not registering for that Hershey Park Half Marathon before it closed out. Sigh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom