What did you do?

AUPr8Hd

5 miles this morning before starting official Goofy training in a couple weeks. The 1st 3 were at a 10:00 minute pace before dropping down for the last 2. This after 2 days of Crossfit. It felt good running around campus this morning with mid-60 temps. I get to dodge tailgaters and football traffic starting next weekend.

Kristia

8 miles this evening @ 11:22 pace. I felt kind of sluggish today. I usually run in the morning but had a riding lesson instead so we had to run in the evening. Lesson + running = slow pace I think! I think I do so much better running in the morning when I am fresh. Last weekend we did 11 and backed it down to 8 this weekend because we have the Rock-N-Roll Half Philly next Sunday! Hope I feel better than I did today.

LindsayLoves

glad your starting to heal Lindsay!.. , take it slow dont over do it ..

Thanks! That's the hardest part, not over doing it- I had grand schemes of getting some real mileage in yesterday since I was feeling better, but luckily common sense kicked in at some point and I ended up being able to function normally and without pain for the rest of the day!

dreamfinder

Did the DLR 1/2 last week, a few runs with my DW out and about in Cali. This past weekend was back to trying to be normal. Going to be starting some of the "Run Less, Run Faster" stuff in prep for January. See if that helps any.

Mickey&Minnie

6 miles on the treadmill and 5.5 on the bike. I was only able to hold up for 30 min of rumba afterwards tho.

I am starting to really notice my endurance is increasing and I am stoked about that!

Mr mom

Had to see if I still had any longer run endurance as I have pretty much only been running my 6.4. It was a nice day so I said what the hell. A little slower pace than my norm but the distance was double. 13.2 miles in 1:43:48. I'm gonna pay for this later I'm sure.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
5.5 miles this am on my bike. Nice ride, but living in a hilly environment is nice for running, but in cycling, I feel like I only work out half the time since on downhills, you just coast (unless you want to go 30mph in 7th gear, which i dont)

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
3.8 miles this morning with a run/walk. I'm not sore anymore, but I am really tight....it took awhile to get everything loosened up again.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Pushing the 30 mile mark for the past few days.

Going to hit a 50k and then a 50 mile by the end of the week; Thursday and Friday or Fri and Sat, not sure yet.

New carbon fiber ultra-Z poles arrived yesterday, and itching to try 'em out this weekend.

September issue of UltraRunning came in the mail yesterday and once again my finish is printed! This one was the Dirty German 50 mile, 21st place, 09:42:12.

Run hard folks.

fmingo36

What a beautiful morning for a run. My girls in school, no work, and absolutely perfect weather!

I ran 9.25 miles at a 10:12 pace. I had no intention of running that far but kind of like Forest Gump, I just kept running. I was completely lost in thought thinking about that Tuesday morning 11 years ago that was very much like today-cool, crisp air, blue skys and a few puffy clouds. As planes would fly over me I would say I little wish that they landed safely. I thought about the shock of the day, the sadness afterwards, the fear we all had and how much our lives have changed since 9/11/01.

joel_maxwell

Pushing the 30 mile mark for the past few days.

Going to hit a 50k and then a 50 mile by the end of the week; Thursday and Friday or Fri and Sat, not sure yet.

New carbon fiber ultra-Z poles arrived yesterday, and itching to try 'em out this weekend.

September issue of UltraRunning came in the mail yesterday and once again my finish is printed! This one was the Dirty German 50 mile, 21st place, 09:42:12.

Run hard folks.
Nice job. What a nice way to remember that one.... not that you could forget it.

What a beautiful morning for a run. My girls in school, no work, and absolutely perfect weather!

I ran 9.25 miles at a 10:12 pace. I had no intention of running that far but kind of like Forest Gump, I just kept running. I was completely lost in thought thinking about that Tuesday morning 11 years ago that was very much like today-cool, crisp air, blue skys and a few puffy clouds. As planes would fly over me I would say I little wish that they landed safely. I thought about the shock of the day, the sadness afterwards, the fear we all had and how much our lives have changed since 9/11/01.
Hard to forget watching that documentary crew that just happen to catch all of it unfold, LIVE. It was bone chilling. What are the odds those guys were filming a Fire house crew that day and standing outside as one of the planes flew right down above the street he was standing.

Mr mom

I remember that day too, it was beautiful out. I was redoing a room in the house for the eminent birth of my first child. The thing that struck me was the silence of the skies, where I live we are on international flight paths and there were no planes in the skies for quite some time. We had 8000 folks from international flights stranded here in the city, it was all so surreal. It really did change everything.

JillC LI

First off, congrats Brad to surviving your first Tough Mudder. It sounded, well, tough ... and muddy! LOL. Good for you!

As for me, the weather was picture perfect for running yesterday and today. Late yesterday afternoon I was able to go out and do 4.65 miles at 9:49 pace, and it felt easy. Love this breeze and no humidity.
Spent time thinking about 11 years ago today as well. I was very pregnant with my second child and worried about what kind of world I was bringing her into.

On an unrelated note, my 13 year old DS had Cross-Country Track team tryouts yesterday and ran the mile in 5:59! I love it when people comment about how he got his running ability from me because I'm a runner, but he sure doesn't get his speed from me! His perseverance and determination, maybe, but not his speed.

joel_maxwell

First off, congrats Brad to surviving your first Tough Mudder. It sounded, well, tough ... and muddy! LOL. Good for you!

As for me, the weather was picture perfect for running yesterday and today. Late yesterday afternoon I was able to go out and do 4.65 miles at 9:49 pace, and it felt easy. Love this breeze and no humidity.
Spent time thinking about 11 years ago today as well. I was very pregnant with my second child and worried about what kind of world I was bringing her into.

On an unrelated note, my 13 year old DS had Cross-Country Track team tryouts yesterday and ran the mile in 5:29! I love it when people comment about how he got his running ability from me because I'm a runner, but he sure doesn't get his speed from me! His perseverance and determination, maybe, but not his speed.
This will take him farther in life than anything else. Perfect trait to have. Congrats to DS on a 5:29.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom