What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Just shy of 30 miles this morning.
Almost done reconfiguring my set up to be more efficient, even if it does add a pound.

Suck up the pain, and run...
Always trying to get your set up better. I love it. Nice run. Hoka's delivered today. Ill be in the club Wednesday morning.

joel_maxwell

walked & jogged off and on for an hour this morning.
Welcome to our little section Thomas. Being your second post, I would say you are new around here. Post your workouts here and we will cheer you on and not let you quit... as long as you want to be the best runner you can be.

Have you done a Disney event? Do you desire too?

Again, Welcome.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Always trying to get your set up better. I love it. Nice run. Hoka's delivered today. Ill be in the club Wednesday morning.

Hell yes. Scored 2 pairs of my Mafates (the tank versions) from my little source. This will be numbers 7 and 8 I think.
The new set up keeps the same configuration; two bottles up front, lower front storage, and rear bottle and storage. But, it will all be one unit instead of two seperate pieces and I'll have the option to remove the front bottles and switch to 2 bottles in the back and have extra storage up front. It makes it easier and faster to get on and off for clothing changes during the 500 mile.

Witchy Chick

First off – hey there!! I wasn’t able to check in/post this weekend, and work was super busy today. :(

Second – thanks, everyone for the age/pace input. From what most people posted, sounds like my pace will pick up in about 2 years. ;)

Third – after having not run in almost a week, I did a nice 2 mile TM run on Saturday morning. I felt really good from the start, so rather than “automatically” taking a 30 sec walk break after 4-4:30 minutes of running I decided to just keep running ‘til I felt I needed a break. I ended up running a full mile, took 30 sec walk break, ran second mile. Woot!!!! Finished in 26:10 for a 13:05 pace.

Ran again tonight – same deal. One mile straight, 30 second walk, ran second mile, 30 second walk, ran another half-mile. 2.5 miles in 33 minutes for a 13:09 pace.

I think my biggest issue is just to challenge myself and see what I can do.

In-laws are coming down to babysit for us tomorrow night. I plan on asking their availability for the (early) morning of Sept 29 for that local 5K. DH will (possibly) be running the 10K, so we’d need someone to hang with the kiddos while we get our run on. :D

Witchy
(Tracey....for whomever asked earlier; read so many posts just now I can't remember who asked LOL)

LindsayLoves

I totally agree with this, I was running a consistent 10:30 min/mile a few months back and felt really good about it, but then I went running with a buddy who pushed me and I realized I could go faster without falling over and dying. It took me a few months to get comfortable running that faster pace on my own/consistently and with that I have had some tough runs where I don't worry too much about slipping back to that slower pace.

I think everyone here can relate to where you are starting, I can remember being soooo happy about running a mile straight through without stopping. I am seriously amazed that I was able to run 9 mile this past weekend without stopping . Mileage and speed will come, take pride in the small victories!

Mr mom

First off – hey there!! I wasn’t able to check in/post this weekend, and work was super busy today. :(

Second – thanks, everyone for the age/pace input. From what most people posted, sounds like my pace will pick up in about 2 years. ;)

Third – after having not run in almost a week, I did a nice 2 mile TM run on Saturday morning. I felt really good from the start, so rather than “automatically” taking a 30 sec walk break after 4-4:30 minutes of running I decided to just keep running ‘til I felt I needed a break. I ended up running a full mile, took 30 sec walk break, ran second mile. Woot!!!! Finished in 26:10 for a 13:05 pace.

Ran again tonight – same deal. One mile straight, 30 second walk, ran second mile, 30 second walk, ran another half-mile. 2.5 miles in 33 minutes for a 13:09 pace.

In-laws are coming down to babysit for us tomorrow night. I plan on asking their availability for the (early) morning of Sept 29 for that local 5K. DH will (possibly) be running the 10K, so we’d need someone to hang with the kiddos while we get our run on. :D

Witchy
(Tracey....for whomever asked earlier; read so many posts just now I can't remember who asked LOL)

Way to go tracey, just wait til that runners high kicks in full force, then you will be hooked. I can finish running go for a drive and see someone running and all I want to do is go for another run.

Mr mom

Good for you and welcome aboard, many of us are casual runners compared to folks like DD who makes my muscles ache just thinking of some of his distances. A good mix of folks here to be sure and always full of positive reinforcement.

JillC LI

Welcome to the boards! Always happy to see someone new join our little gang :)

Witchy

That would be me who asked your name. Nice to officially "meet" you Tracey. Great job on challenging yourself and completing that full mile. If you do that consistently for a week, I'll absolutely bet that the following week you will be able to run 2 miles straight without a walk break in the middle.

I think everyone here can relate to where you are starting, I can remember being soooo happy about running a mile straight through without stopping. I am seriously amazed that I was able to run 9 mile this past weekend without stopping . Mileage and speed will come, take pride in the small victories!

I remember my first stright mile too. I can remember all the details of the time of day and the month and the place. I ran 1 mile, took a 1 minute walking break, and ran another mile. And like I said above to Tracey, I did that 4x in one week, and the following week I was able to run 2 miles non-stop. I remember it all so vividly and was so proud of that accomplishment. Oh, and congrats on that 9 mile run!

As for me, the pain in my quads has subsided a bit today so hopefully I'm on the mend. I plan to rest today and do another easy 3.5 miles tomorrow just to stay loose.

Kristia

Way to go tracey, just wait til that runners high kicks in full force, then you will be hooked. I can finish running go for a drive and see someone running and all I want to do is go for another run.
Haha! I am still waiting for that kind of runners high! I am definitely hooked but when I am done my run for the day, I am happy! I feel great that I got it done but I am done for the day! The only time I got jealous of others that were running was when I was injured and unable to run for 3 months. I do get the runners high when I finish a race. I can't wait till the next one! :)

joel_maxwell

Haha! I am still waiting for that kind of runners high! I am definitely hooked but when I am done my run for the day, I am happy! I feel great that I got it done but I am done for the day! The only time I got jealous of others that were running was when I was injured and unable to run for 3 months. I do get the runners high when I finish a race. I can't wait till the next one! :)
Runners high for me happens around mile 14-15 on a cool day. It is almost like shifting into 5th gear after red lining 3rd and 4th gear for 2 hours. It is Euphoric when you body settles down and my mind is completely settled. Sucks that it takes that long... because it is like a drug.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Runner's "high" after a 100 miler, is more like runner's reflection. After the push ups at the finish line, and the adrenalin calms down (just before the bonk), it's a solitary, quiet moment, trying to process what I just did to myself. There are no words to describe it, and only tears and a buckle to show for it. I used to experience runner's high, but this reflection out-weighs it by an amount I can not calculate.

imagination30

race week for me so i started with a light run ... of 3.83 and a pace of 8.39--

speed work as well.. on speed i had my pace down to 7:30 dead sprint

Texas84

Not my best day. The hurricane brought in even more humidity for my AM 3-miler. Good energy but just hard to breathe. Hope everyone stays safe from the storm.

Then got home from work and had to drive around several police cars and saw a chopper in the air. Uh-oh. Walked in the house and the back door was smashed open. They took my Xbox and laptop. The big screen was disconnected and I think the idiots ran off when they unplugged the UPS and it started beeping. They probably thought it was an alarm. I told one of the officers outside and they went SWAT on my house. It was actually very cool to watch. They caught one of them a few blocks away. Just finished getting some plywood on the door and sweeping up the glass.

Well, crossing my fingers. I leave for Vegas Thursday then fly to Orange County for the DL Half Saturday morning.

Kristia

Not my best day. The hurricane brought in even more humidity for my AM 3-miler. Good energy but just hard to breathe. Hope everyone stays safe from the storm.

Then got home from work and had to drive around several police cars and saw a chopper in the air. Uh-oh. Walked in the house and the back door was smashed open. They took my Xbox and laptop. The big screen was disconnected and I think the idiots ran off when they unplugged the UPS and it started beeping. They probably thought it was an alarm. I told one of the officers outside and they went SWAT on my house. It was actually very cool to watch. They caught one of them a few blocks away. Just finished getting some plywood on the door and sweeping up the glass.

Well, crossing my fingers. I leave for Vegas Thursday then fly to Orange County for the DL Half Saturday morning.
Wow! That really sucks!

Mr mom

Oh that so sucks

Mr mom

Rough run this morning my legs were sore for some reason, probably because I worked short staffed last night and was run off my feet. Anyhoo, my normal 6.25 but it took me 54 minutes, ugh. On a side note I find the high takes longer and longer distances to achieve as your body tends to adjust to the distances. I think in DD's case the high comes and goes during his run and his is so zoned because of his distances that he does not notice it anymore. Honestly DD I have no idea how you do it and I think your reflection is actually complete exhaustion, they would be taking me to the hospital by halfway in those races, yikes.

joel_maxwell

Runner's "high" after a 100 miler, is more like runner's reflection. After the push ups at the finish line, and the adrenalin calms down (just before the bonk), it's a solitary, quiet moment, trying to process what I just did to myself. There are no words to describe it, and only tears and a buckle to show for it. I used to experience runner's high, but this reflection out-weighs it by an amount I can not calculate.
You know, I think that is what people feel when they step through that door of insanity, then back into reality. ;) Although, Im not sure you step back through into reality. Ha. As always, much respect and props.

Yikes. Not good. Nothing like a break in to leave you feeling violated.
Not sure if any of our friends on this board are from the effected areas of Isaac but I just wanted to send good thoughts to you and hope and your families you all are safe.
Good thought and point. I think we only have 1 runner that might be in that area. Erin... hope you are making it in south Alabama.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom