What did you do?

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
5k after work tonight at 41:30. Not fast, but not intended to be....I was really comfortable, and was going through the songs in my playlist trying to decide which to keep/delete.

Staying fresh as I can...Tough mudder next weekend, and 3 races in September total.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Runner's "high" after a 100 miler, is more like runner's reflection. After the push ups at the finish line, and the adrenalin calms down (just before the bonk), it's a solitary, quiet moment, trying to process what I just did to myself. There are no words to describe it, and only tears and a buckle to show for it. I used to experience runner's high, but this reflection out-weighs it by an amount I can not calculate.

I know it's on a totally different scale, but my last mile of my first 1/2 Marathon (2011 WDW 1/2) was very much reflection time. I reflected on how far I had come as a person and a runner while on that mission.

I had a bit of that a couple weeks ago, as we have a tradition of hanging our medals off of our kitchen cabinets for a few days before they find their permanent home on the medal hooks. That day we had earned 5 medals between us. I was making dinner, and I turned and looked and thought "Wow.....what a good day." I was sore, and felt beat up, but it was worth it.

It's that fire....that feeling...that drives me to do it again....drives me to go longer, and see what else I can accomplish.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
14 Lengths in the pool this morning (7 down and backs in a 25 yard pool).

Seeing results in my shoulders, tri's and lats. Yeah.

Long run tomorrow on a fall back week.

Happy Friday

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Just under 25 mi this morning.
Nothing spectacular. My training flopped this week, missing yesterday.

Hitting the technical trails tomorrow morning, breaking in aome new Hokas, and testing out some carbon fiber trekking poles for the 500mi.

Back to crazy running next week.

Run hard folks.

GoofyRacer11

Hitting the technical trails tomorrow morning, breaking in aome new Hokas, and testing out some carbon fiber trekking poles for the 500mi.

Run hard folks.

I think most people on this site would consider what your doing now is crazy running. Next week would be "Out of your mind" running. lol

Today I completed my newly created workout routine that I'm experimenting with. I think its going to help me achieve my new goal. I also did 30 minutes of speed roping.

Mr mom

I think most people on this site would consider what your doing now is crazy running. Next week would be "Out of your mind" running. lol

Today I completed my newly created workout routine that I'm experimenting with. I think its going to help me achieve my new goal. I also did 30 minutes of speed roping.

Sometimes when I read DD's posts I think of the line from the forest gump movie... " If I was going anywhere I was running" The man has truly earned the name machine

Kristia

Did a tough 11 miles @11:20 pace. Felt like it was a lot tougher than my 10 miles last weekend but I actually had a 1 second better average pace. At least I am consistent! Hope everyone is having a great time at all their races today and this weekend!

joel_maxwell

Run hard folks.
Sweet! Report back.

Did a tough 11 miles @11:20 pace. Felt like it was a lot tougher than my 10 miles last weekend but I actually had a 1 second better average pace. At least I am consistent! Hope everyone is having a great time at all their races today and this weekend!
Same here. I did 9 this morning and 11 last weekend. It was 80 and 90% humidity today, much harder run this morning. However, some of that was because of my Hoka's. Every time I looked down at my watch, I was running 1 to 1:30 faster per mile that I was last week and I should be. I just couldnt help it. Last 3-4 miles were the hilly stuff so that helped slow me down.

joel_maxwell

9 miles this am as I said above. First long run in my Hoka's. I was WAY to fast in the front end of the run which screwed me on the tail end. I couldnt help it. They made me feel that much faster. Id get down to a 8 minute pace when I was needing to run about a 9 or 9:30.

Oh well. Ill adjust

Texas84

Coast to Coast medal is in the bag. PR of 2:33, even though the first 4 miles is one big choke point. The park paths at DLR are very narrow. Anaheim Stadium might have been the most fun. One side of the lower deck was almost half full and crowd was going absolutely nuts. Was some of that crowd noise recorded? Nice pick-up there. Great weather today. Might have more to say later but I'm taking the CtoC medal to Disneyland!

GoofyRacer11

My Goofy Challenge training officially started this past week so I increased my mileage. I ran 8 miles today at an 8:00/mile pace and did my Asylum Relief exercise. I'm taking the rest of the day off and tomorrow I'll be doing my new weight routine. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend!

Later Days!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom