What did you do?

Mr mom

sorry about your loss fievel

Well no running for me for a few days, pinched nerve in my back, I can barely walk, and I just finally got two new pairs of sneakers that I like and work for me. I found it really hard to find a pair this time.

JillC LI

The family was called to my hometown last night to say our goodbyes to my grandmother. I did so, and was told that it could be anywhere from hours to days until she passed away, and that they would let us know if anything changed.

I got home, and I was a whirlwind of emotion. My wife got home from work, and encouraged me to get out to the road and get myself centered.

It wasn't a super fast run...when I ran...I ran HARD....then I walked and talked to myself.....it was therapy in motion.

A couple hours later I got the fateful call that my grandmother had passed away. I know I'll carry her memory with me for awhile while I run, and it will become a driving force for me in the future.

Running is definitely a form of therapy. I am very sorry for your loss, Brad.

JillC LI

There is a local 5K run/10K run/5K family walk in my neck o' the woods on Sept 29. I'm thinking of signing up for the 5k, while DH is thinking of the 10K. I've been running about 2.5, 2.6 miles each of my past 7-8 runs. So I'd have 4 weeks to "add on" another .6 to get me to my 5K distance.

Witchy

If the ankle feels better, you can do it!

As fr me, 3.6 miles of short intervals this morning outdoors (so nice out!).

Sorry for all the posts today. Everything I wanted to respond to was on different pages!

Btw Coryna, I called Hershey and they said there is absolutely no way to back-door my way into that Half Marathon. Stinks.

Witchy Chick

In my first 5K ever, not only was I left in the dust by those women pushing strollers, but I was beaten by an elderly man using a single crutch! LOL
(hey, we all gotta start somewhere!)

Lord -- I better sign up for that local 5K so this is not me during the Disney 5K. hahhahahaaa

Witchy

imagination30

just got in from a 6.17 miler @ a 8:31 pace.. again had it down to a 8.29 pace but couldnt hold it... , i hit mile 6 at 51:03.. , when you dont feel like runing you just have to push though and do it!;)

LindsayLoves

Only 2.5 miles of running/walking tonight but I didn't mind because I got to hang out
with a pretty awesome 8 year old. Getting ready for the Color Run next weekend!

So jealous! The Color Run NYC sold out sooooo fast even though they are holding it on two days. Have a blast, I have only heard great things about it.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Happy Friday all.

It is swimming Friday. All crawl and Im sticking to that for good. 8 down and backs. Arms a little jelly like after Tuesday swim and this weeks arm work on Tuesday night and Wednesday night.

Use the training paddles and they are just awesome. They work you... then you take them off and you feel like you are flying.

Witchy Chick

Do y'all mind if I take an informal poll on your ages? The last time I ran (last weekend), I felt like I was busting my butt.......at a 13:20 pace. I started wondering "Maybe I will never get faster. Maybe this is it for me." I see some of you posting 8:30...9:30....sub-10 minute paces -- and I just cannot wrap my mind around that. LOL

FWIW -- I'm a "new" runner, and I'm (almost) 42. Does it stand to reason that due to age, I may never get any faster?

I'm not bummed or anything -- just kind of wondering...... :cool:

Witchy

fmingo36

So jealous! The Color Run NYC sold out sooooo fast even though they are holding it on two days. Have a blast, I have only heard great things about it.

I would check the website. I thought I saw that they opened more spots. I also know alot of people were looking to transfer their register once the NJ run was announced. But they said they couldn't transferlocations but would allow someone else to purchase their registered spot. If you go on the Color Run FB page youmight be able to get someone's number that had already registered. (They do allow this)

fmingo36

6.5 miles at a 10:00 pace. Followed by 1/2 core.

No training for me the next few days, taking a little family vacation (no, not to Disney :() before the summer is over. Wow--this summer flew by!
Have a great weekend Everyone!

joel_maxwell

Do y'all mind if I take an informal poll on your ages? The last time I ran (last weekend), I felt like I was busting my butt.......at a 13:20 pace. I started wondering "Maybe I will never get faster. Maybe this is it for me." I see some of you posting 8:30...9:30....sub-10 minute paces -- and I just cannot wrap my mind around that. LOL

FWIW -- I'm a "new" runner, and I'm (almost) 42. Does it stand to reason that due to age, I may never get any faster?

Witchy
I think speed is all about preparation and body type. Some bodies arent designed to run at certain speeds, but typically when im pushing at 100% and running a 7:30 pace over a certain distance, there are always many others that are older than me running 6:30 pace. Some has to do with them training differently, and some with just skill. I could do it, but it probably wouldnt be enjoyable. I could put in a additional 30 minutues a day and do tons of tempo and speed work, but I dont desire to at this time. I have in the past.

Im 36, 2 kids under 5 and Im flat worn out every day from this. So, I dont have the mental energy to do a lot of speed work right now to remain fast (by my standards. Everyone is different). However, I dont think age is a determining factor of what we can or cant do (unless age has brought on physical restraints). It might take you years to shave 1 or 2 minutes off your mile time, but that is progress.

Just my thoughts.

joel_maxwell

6.5 miles at a 10:00 pace. Followed by 1/2 core.

No training for me the next few days, taking a little family vacation (no, not to Disney :() before the summer is over. Wow--this summer flew by!
Have a great weekend Everyone!
Have a great trip! I have no doubt you will sneak a run in. Come on... you are Coryna. Warrior runner. You wont disappoint.

Kristia

Witchy
I have been running for a couple years now. When I started out, I was at the same pace you were. I was doing the run/walk couch25k and when I did my first 5k (all run) I think I had wittled it down to 12 min/mile. I just turned 40 in March and have been SLOWLY making progress in my speed. Some days are better than others. I think my best over 3 or 4 miles has been a 10:20 pace so it is possible to get faster no matter your age. I am dying to break the 10:00 pace. I am almost there! Really push yourself with some speed work even if you can only keep it up for short distances and then take a slower pace rest. Alternate between the quick pace and the resting pace. This gets your body acclimated to the faster pace. I have had some of my quickest times when I did these types of runs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom