What did you do?

Joshua&CalebDad

I like the sentiment very much and support it wholeheartedly. Btw, you're getting fast these days!

Ugh. I noticed it is not online yet to make ADRs. Any luck getting through?

As for me, I plan to do 4 miles tonight, nothing fancy, not sure if it will be indoors or out.

I forunately did get through to the automated system and made my reservations. However, the system did not ask to confirm the reservations with my credit card so I had to call back and hour later and wait on the phone for 30 minutes to speak with a CM.

Unforunately the online ADR's won't become available until the 22nd. I have a feeling that by then it will truly be difficult to get a reservation. However, go ahead and try, you might get lucky.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Thanks again to everyone for the support and following along. I just read more posts from over the weekend, and me inspiring you, is humbling more than you know. Thank you.
This past weekend was unreal. The report I posted is more factual than anything because im still trying to process everything. So many great and equally ugly things happened all at once, that it's overwhelming.
Buckle is engraved, on the new belt, and now I'm off to walk the s--t out of my legs :D

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
6 miles tonight
1 hour of yoga followed by an hour of zumba
Nice job
Thanks again to everyone for the support and following along. I just read more posts from over the weekend, and me inspiring you, is humbling more than you know. Thank you.
This past weekend was unreal. The report I posted is more factual than anything because im still trying to process everything. So many great and equally ugly things happened all at once, that it's overwhelming.
Buckle is engraved, on the new belt, and now I'm off to walk the s--t out of my legs :D
I still havent made it over to look at the report. I have all intentions of reading today, but work is very demanding today with deadlines. I just stopped by for a second.

joel_maxwell

Swimming today. As stated before, I have given up for now on the breast stroke. The leg kick hurts my left knee. It was almost like a twisted sore knee. Weird. So, this am I rocked 10 down and backs (20 Lengths) in all. I used some paddles on my hands for a few laps that really train and make you swimming efficiently. I really am seeing progress. Especially in the breathing and trust.

JillC LI

I know. I better step up my game for ToT. I cant let a "girl" beat me. :p

BTW, Jill. Are you making it to the ToT? I just cant recall.

Hey, nuthin wrong with being beaten by a girl! ;)
And no, I'm not coming to the ToT race. We have a surprise trip booked with the kids for December (our first time spending the holiday season in Disney) so no trip before that. I'll miss meeting up with all of you though.

And I am SOOOOOOOOOO bummed this morning. Last night the hubby and I decided we'd do the trip to Hershey so I could run the Half with my Disney pals, but when I logged on this morning to register, it wwas SOLD OUT. I could have cried - nearly did. Anyone know if places ever open up belatedly for that race or any other way to get in? I REALLY wanted to do it with you guys. :(

Last night's 4 mile run was postponed to this morning's 4.4 mile run outdoors in the lovely weather. Nothing fancy, just 4.4 miles at 10:08 min pace.

joel_maxwell

And no, I'm not coming to the ToT race. We have a surprise trip booked with the kids for December (our first time spending the holiday season in Disney) so no trip before that. I'll miss meeting up with all of you though.

And I am SOOOOOOOOOO bummed this morning. Last night the hubby and I decided we'd do the trip to Hershey so I could run the Half with my Disney pals, but when I logged on this morning to register, it wwas SOLD OUT. I could have cried - nearly did. Anyone know if places ever open up belatedly for that race or any other way to get in? I REALLY wanted to do it with you guys. :(

Last night's 4 mile run was postponed to this morning's 4.4 mile run outdoors in the lovely weather. Nothing fancy, just 4.4 miles at 10:08 min pace.
Sorry that race didnt work out for you.

*clears throat*

Nope. Nothing wrong with it... especially if I fancy the view.

:cool:

LOL. J/K... but not really.

Kristia

Oh no!! I had no idea this was so popular. I wonder how many runners they take. :( That really stinks that it sold out. Was looking forward to meeting up. I don't know much else about the event since this was the first year that I had even heard of it. Maybe you can email the race coordinators (if you can find contact info) and ask if they have a bib deferment plan.
Edited: Never mind. Just check out their faq. No bib deferments allowed and it was limited to 5,000 runners. :(

joel_maxwell

Hey, no claiming you got "chicked" on purpose! ;)
LOL... no, I wont, but the benefits are Glass Half Full.

Last year at the Vulcan 10K run, these 2 very physically fit ladies ran about 10 feet in front of me for 6.2 miles. They talked the entire run. I mean NEVER shut up. We were at a 7:30 pace. I admired the view, and admired them for having that lung capacity. Wow. They smoked me considering I was hanging with them but not talking.

fmingo36

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :( I was so looking forward to chillin' with you at the chocolate aid station.
(Hi Jill, do you need another hit off the chocolate scented air mask?--- I really do have visions of chocolate grandeur-LOL)

Long shot-any type of charity group you could join. I'll donate to you!

Texas84

Worried about being beaten by a girl? Remember, I worry about being beaten by women pushing strollers. Happened once. Just once.

3 miles this AM. BEAUTIFUL morning. Cool with clear starry skies. I could clearly see Orion and a planet. Venus maybe? But as I turned towards home a nasty fog bank rolled in and brought the humidity back with it. Really creepy.

Kristia

Temps aren't bad here but humidity was back today. :mad: Oh well, had a good run despite the humidity - 4.92 miles @ 10:57 pace. This was a bit longer run than we usually do on a weekday. I was looking for some new routes on Map My Run and I decided to try a different loop in our neighborhood. On the website there was a "road" which I couldn't tell if it was a paper road or trail through the woods. I couldn't ever remember seeing a sign for it when I have been running before. We decided to explore and it was a nice little trail through the woods. Nice mix up to our usual run. It was also a little tougher as the trail had a lot of sugar sand which is common in the woods in South Jersey. Like running on the beach! Good workout!

fmingo36

With lack of childcare an issue for me, I was off to the gym for my run this evening. As I stepped out to the nice cool evening I thought "Damn, I wish I could run outside" but nope. So off to the gym I go and I got on THREE different treadmills -all of them broken. :mad: Finally just said screw it and ran on the last one. I have no idea how far I ran because the display panel was not working. I know I ran 1/2 hr at a 5.9 speed. And the finished the evening off with an 1 hr of yoga/pilates.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
The family was called to my hometown last night to say our goodbyes to my grandmother. I did so, and was told that it could be anywhere from hours to days until she passed away, and that they would let us know if anything changed.

I got home, and I was a whirlwind of emotion. My wife got home from work, and encouraged me to get out to the road and get myself centered.

It wasn't a super fast run...when I ran...I ran HARD....then I walked and talked to myself.....it was therapy in motion.

A couple hours later I got the fateful call that my grandmother had passed away. I know I'll carry her memory with me for awhile while I run, and it will become a driving force for me in the future.

fmingo36

The family was called to my hometown last night to say our goodbyes to my grandmother. I did so, and was told that it could be anywhere from hours to days until she passed away, and that they would let us know if anything changed.

I got home, and I was a whirlwind of emotion. My wife got home from work, and encouraged me to get out to the road and get myself centered.

It wasn't a super fast run...when I ran...I ran HARD....then I walked and talked to myself.....it was therapy in motion.

A couple hours later I got the fateful call that my grandmother had passed away. I know I'll carry her memory with me for awhile while I run, and it will become a driving force for me in the future.

Sorry for your loss Brad.

joel_maxwell

With lack of childcare an issue for me, I was off to the gym for my run this evening. As I stepped out to the nice cool evening I thought "Damn, I wish I could run outside" but nope. So off to the gym I go and I got on THREE different treadmills -all of them broken. :mad: Finally just said screw it and ran on the last one. I have no idea how far I ran because the display panel was not working. I know I ran 1/2 hr at a 5.9 speed. And the finished the evening off with an 1 hr of yoga/pilates.
2.95 mile run Coryna. At least you got some distance run and an hour of Pilates. Nice.

Sorry for your loss Brad. Peace be with you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom