What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
5 miles this morning in a NS. I got my Hoka's in last night but I need a 9.5 instead of a 9. DAMN! So, I sent them back and they are sending me the right size. Props to the Boulder Running Company. Instead of waiting till my shoe gets there to mail me a new pair, they put the new pair in the mail ASAP and Caitlan said that "we want you to get your shoes quick and this is the last 9.5. Its yours".... Top notch customer service. Thanks Nick for the reference.

Nice and cool this am. Loved the run. Missed not having my new shoes.

LindsayLoves

6.03 @ 10'07"/mile. I was super bummed I didn't do it in under an hour since I was running a 9'12" mile for the first 4 miles but I have now learned that I need water if I am going to do over 5 miles, the last mile was tough in every sense of the word. I was being super stubborn not wanting to veer off course or stop for water (wanted to make that time AND calibrate my GPS on a known distance).

.....it was therapy in motion.

Sorry for your loss. I really feel you on the therapy in motion bit. My weekday runs are to release workday stress and my weekend runs are for fun and my peace of mind.

LindsayLoves

5 miles this morning in a NS. I got my Hoka's in last night but I need a 9.5 instead of a 9. DAMN! So, I sent them back and they are sending me the right size. Props to the Boulder Running Company. Instead of waiting till my shoe gets there to mail me a new pair, they put the new pair in the mail ASAP and Caitlan said that "we want you to get your shoes quick and this is the last 9.5. Its yours".... Top notch customer service. Thanks Nick for the reference.

Nice and cool this am. Loved the run. Missed not having my new shoes.

What a bummer! I think we all know the anticipation and excitement that goes into trying out new gear for the first time. Glad they stepped up on their customer service.

joel_maxwell

What a bummer! I think we all know the anticipation and excitement that goes into trying out new gear for the first time. Glad they stepped up on their customer service.
I stalk the UPS man as he drives through the neighborhood if I am home. I stalk the status page online. I was so excited about them, and when i tried them on, they felt like heaven, with my toes smashed slightly. ;)

imagination30

a cool 79 degrees today , begining to feel more like fall now .. whooo... , but did 6.33 @ a 8:37 pace. on mile 5 i had it down to a 8:27 pace.. but couldnt hold on to it.. darn it!.. -- Next weekend is my race i might take next wek off and rest my legs.. havent decided yet!:)

Kristia

The family was called to my hometown last night to say our goodbyes to my grandmother. I did so, and was told that it could be anywhere from hours to days until she passed away, and that they would let us know if anything changed.

I got home, and I was a whirlwind of emotion. My wife got home from work, and encouraged me to get out to the road and get myself centered.

It wasn't a super fast run...when I ran...I ran HARD....then I walked and talked to myself.....it was therapy in motion.

A couple hours later I got the fateful call that my grandmother had passed away. I know I'll carry her memory with me for awhile while I run, and it will become a driving force for me in the future.
So sorry for your loss :(. Running definitely helps me work through hard times in my life.

Witchy Chick

The family was called to my hometown last night to say our goodbyes to my grandmother. I did so, and was told that it could be anywhere from hours to days until she passed away, and that they would let us know if anything changed.

I got home, and I was a whirlwind of emotion. My wife got home from work, and encouraged me to get out to the road and get myself centered.

It wasn't a super fast run...when I ran...I ran HARD....then I walked and talked to myself.....it was therapy in motion.

A couple hours later I got the fateful call that my grandmother had passed away. I know I'll carry her memory with me for awhile while I run, and it will become a driving force for me in the future.

I am so sorry for your loss. :(

Witchy

Mickey&Minnie

I am sorry for your loss...

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer

My condolences. Be well.

joel_maxwell

In an attempt to change things up today, I headed to the gym and did 2 miles on an incline. Living in Louisiana I don't get very much hilly workouts so it was a nice change.
There you go. If you continue to work on elevation, you will see your running take a huge turn for the better. Keep it up!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20 miles this morning.
Seriously?? Yeah. Most ultrarunneras take weeks off. I took 2 days and i feel great :D

If you're connected to me on fb, pics and video from the race are posted. More to come.

Official McN 500 training begins next week. That means 30 miles, everyday, no rest, for a month.
What my running "mentor" texted me during last weekend's 100 mi when I was in pain, " it doesn't hurt, MAKE IT HURT!"

Run hard folks.

Texas84

Condolences. Family really helps in times like these.

joel_maxwell

3 miles this morning. Running over by this elementary school that looks like a castle, some mom almost ran over me while driving down the road, on her phone, leaning in the back seat doing something to one of her kids. I saw the whoooole thing unfolding.

It was a mini van no less. That would have sucked to go down like that. Death by mini van.

Witchy Chick

3 miles this morning. Running over by this elementary school that looks like a castle, some mom almost ran over me while driving down the road, on her phone, leaning in the back seat doing something to one of her kids. I saw the whoooole thing unfolding.

It was a mini van no less. That would have sucked to go down like that. Death by mini van.

Yikes. I may be a (somewhat) distracted driving Mom, but I have a bluetooth earset when I'm "on the phone." And I rarely turn around to address my kids/pick something up for them. They have to wait until I come to a red light or stop sign. And no mini-van here. ;) Glad you made it through a near catastrophe unscathed.

No running lately for me. Dinged up my ankle (no idea how), which may have contributed to some sciatica the other night. I did run a minute-and-a-half, and every right foot landing caused a shooting pain through my backside. I quit. Started my Naproxen again (figured it would help with the ankle); sciatica has not reocurred.

There is a local 5K run/10K run/5K family walk in my neck o' the woods on Sept 29. I'm thinking of signing up for the 5k, while DH is thinking of the 10K. I've been running about 2.5, 2.6 miles each of my past 7-8 runs. So I'd have 4 weeks to "add on" another .6 to get me to my 5K distance.

Witchy

GoofyRacer11

Sorry for your loss Fievel!

I ran 5 miles this morning at a 8:00/mile pace. I will also be doing the vertical plyo routine from The Asylum in a couple hours. My next official race will probably be the Towpath Half-Marathon in October, which means I will have to step up my mileage, especially since I'm doing the Goofy Challenge in 2013.

JillC LI

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :( I was so looking forward to chillin' with you at the chocolate aid station.
(Hi Jill, do you need another hit off the chocolate scented air mask?--- I really do have visions of chocolate grandeur-LOL)

Long shot-any type of charity group you could join. I'll donate to you!

Never thought of the charity angle. I didn't think it was a big enough race for that. Maybe I should call Hershey and ask. I am beyond bummed about waiting too long and being shut out. :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom