What did you do?

GoofyRacer11

I was supposed to run 6 miles yesterday, but I was out golfing for 4:30 hours, which left me exhausted
due to the triple digit heat. Today, I'm making up that 6 mile run and doing my insanity workout.

Later Days!

Texas84

Everybody who ran today deserves a Like. Today was sheer will-power. 9.52 miles at 0700 and it was brutal. Almost a full minute off my goal pace. Some guy stopped me at mile 8 to tell me I should be running against traffic. o_O

Now I'm off to cut the grass. :cool:

a2grafix

Uncharted territory and it only gets better from here. Ran 6.15 miles in about 57 minutes, maybe 58. My darn iPod ran out of juice so for about 4 miles I was running with no music. Still, I could have run about 7 miles.

Tower of Terror, I'm coming for ya.

dreamfinder

Sat was 11mi pretty much at my full pr pace (still need to improve on that) followed by assorted pylo based stuff. Sun was 9 1/2 of negative splits, followed by 1/4 mi sprint. Despite my body not liking it while I'm running it, these changes feel good afterwards.

Keep cool and hydrated everyone.

fmingo36

Kids are in a morning camp program so I had 2 hours to myself this morning. WOO-HOO!!! (Where is that so-happy smile face when I REALLY need it! ;) )
Anyways took ful advantage of my two hours and went for a run.
7 miles (some hills too) at a 10:20 pace. It was the best run I've had in a while. What a difference from last week.
No knee pain, no overheating, good breath control, great music at the right times. Wish every run could be like that!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Kids are in a morning camp program so I had 2 hours to myself this morning. WOO-HOO!!! (Where is that so-happy smile face when I REALLY need it! ;) )
Anyways took ful advantage of my two hours and went for a run.
7 miles (some hills too) at a 10:20 pace. It was the best run I've had in a while. What a difference from last week.
No knee pain, no overheating, good breath control, great music at the right times. Wish every run could be like that!

Nice numbers Coryna, keep it up!

Me: just shy of 30 mi this morning. Steady 8:30 pace.

Off to work in a bit.

Run hard folks.

Ariel484

This morning: the Runner's World IronStrength workout

During my lunch: YOGA! For the first time in probably about 6 months!...ooh did it feel good. :)

fmingo36

Nice numbers Coryna, keep it up!

Me: just shy of 30 mi this morning. Steady 8:30 pace.

Off to work in a bit.

Run hard folks.

Thanks Nick. Hoping to repeat the same run tomorrow too.
And what a great pace for you this morning. Nice!
Sorry the humidity is gone. I know how much you like it. ;)

This morning: the Runner's World IronStrength workout

During my lunch: YOGA! For the first time in probably about 6 months!...ooh did it feel good. :)

IMO all runnesr should be doing yoga. It just is so good for your body and mind.

JillC LI

Great to hear about everyone's weekend activities. I desperately needed to catch up on some sleep this weekend but did not want to run in the heart of the 100 degree heat, so I did 6 miles on the TM Saturday around 10am. For some strange reason, my quads have been very sore since that run. Whatever. Going to do 3.5 miles later, outdoors now that the heat wave broke.

Witchy Chick

I haven't checked in for a while. :( I was in a class (for work) two weeks ago, then a long weekend vacation, followed by all the hullabaloo of the 4th. Life is finally getting back to normal.

I took Jill's advice and started running 4 min intervals, walking 1 min, etc. Unfortunately, with all of the above mentioned extra-curricular stuff going on in my life -- I only did the 4 min running intervals.......once. Two weeks ago. Booooo.

But, I got back on the TM last night. Decided to "take it easy" due to a nearly 2-week layoff. I did 3 min warmup walk, 3 min run, 1 min walk repeat on the run-walk intervals. I did, however, extend my time past 30 mins total........which allowed me to break the 2 mile mark!!! Whoooo-hooooo!! Baby steps. LOL I did 33 mins total -- gonna try to keep with that for a week or so. Then ramp back up to 4 mins running, 1 min walk.

My ADR reservations date is July 14. Which means Saturday = 180 days to my trip (and 5K). :D

In other news, my DH finally saw his doctor about his lingering leg injury. XRays were taken on Friday; he should get results today or tomorrow. ::fingers crossed:: He really needs to start training soon for the NYC Marathon. o_O

Witchy

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Thanks Nick. Hoping to repeat the same run tomorrow too.
And what a great pace for you this morning. Nice!
Sorry the humidity is gone. I know how much you like it ;)

Thanks! Yeah, no frills this morning. 'Easy' runs don't make for good training :)

Although, as I ran north through Belmar, people were saying they could see a shark. News 12 was there as well. We get pods if dolphins pretty often, and the occasional whale, but never do I hear of sharks being close to shore or even breaching for us to see. Love it.

JillC LI

Almost forgot . . . I'm so bummed. Sometime while I was out doing errands on Friday night, someone must have stolen my RunDisney magnet off my car! It was there when I started my errands, and it was gone when I got home. I went to several different places, but I'm farily certain it didn't just fall off in a parking lot because that magnet was on there good and strong. I'm really unhappy about it. Gotta go check the Disney site to see if they have any in stock for me to replace it. :(

Ariel484

Almost forgot . . . I'm so bummed. Sometime while I was out doing errands on Friday night, someone must have stolen my RunDisney magnet off my car! It was there when I started my errands, and it was gone when I got home. I went to several different places, but I'm farily certain it didn't just fall off in a parking lot because that magnet was on there good and strong. I'm really unhappy about it. Gotta go check the Disney site to see if they have any in stock for me to replace it. :(

That SUCKS. :( I hope you're able to get another one soon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom