What did you do?

JillC LI

I ran my half marathon today. My clock time was 2:15.36. There was no chip time:(. I know I was slightly faster than that. The race was run under a yellow flag, due to temperatures in the upper 70's. Thus making it good training run for TOT. I suspect the temperatures for TOT will be similar. Now, I'm officially in training for September 29.

Congrats! Great job.

Looks like everyone has had a great few days of running.

Unfortunately my dog died on Thursday. After 10 years of unconditional love, I had to say goodbye to him.

On a happier note---Happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there. I hope you all get new sneakers. :)

So sorry to hear that Coryna. You have my sympathies.

And another belated Father's Day wish to all the dads in the forum.

Steve, I have a few technical questions about the new format if you don't mind. I've figured most stuff I use regularly out, but I was wondering: (1) when I click on Reply and it brings me to the bottom of the page with a quote box, is there anyway to get back to the post I was on without scrolling up through all the remaining messages on that page? and
(2) if I'm out of touch for a bit and let's say I Reply to a message on page 250 out of 251, it seems to post my new message at the bottom of page 250 instead of 251, but that means that those people who are up to date will not see my new message because they've already read beyond it. Is there some way to avoid that, or will that have to await the update that allows us to Quote from multiple pages?

Hope I was clear with those questions. Thanks for your help.
Jill

Witchy Chick

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!! Due to circumstances, I did no running over the weekend. I took Friday as a “rest” day (ran Thursday night). Was still a bit sore on Saturday – and was also busy water-sealing our deck. :) I finished up the deck on Sunday, so I should be able to get back into the running tonight (after cooking dinner, bathing the kiddos, putting the kiddos to bed, yada yada yada).

Thanks also for the endurance vs. speed input.

Unfortunately my dog died on Thursday. After 10 years of unconditional love, I had to say goodbye to him. :)

Oh, I am so sorry. We had to euthanize our dog ~ 6 months ago. He was my "stepdog" (DH brought him into our marriage ~ 5 years ago). I still miss that pooch. :(

Witchy

a2grafix

Shocker! Ran Saturday morning instead of a midnight run because of catching an Indians game in Cleveland with the dad. Slightly different route - 2.50 miles in about 25 minutes. Nice and easy, though very humid out. Ran around 11:30am-noon and it was in the low 80s. Sopping wet by the cool down.

Getting a feel for summer day time running, and running in Florida for the Tower 10-miler.

Kristia

Not my best run today but its done! Did 3 miles, watch lost the satellites a .33 miles in. Finally recovered them and then had a bad stitch in my side for the last mile. I don't usually get stitches. Not sure what was up with that. Managed to squeak it in just under 11 min/mile pace.

Texas84

Unfortunately my dog died on Thursday. After 10 years of unconditional love, I had to say goodbye to him.

So sorry to hear that. I'm sure your dog lived a happy life.

Smoked 25 miles this morning before work.

Guy asks me if I'm police SWAT...I tell him I'm just preparing for the apocolypse. *blank stare*

Zombie apocolypse? All you have to do is out-run everyone else. I think you're good.

Texas84, according to my email, yellow flag means race conditions are not ideal. With a recommendation to slow down and drink plenty of fluids.

That's green down here! :D Kidding. That was probably morning with humidity. But I hope my August half is only 70's.

fmingo36

Back to the gym tonight.
4 miles on the stationery bike (while my stalker lurked around) and then 1 hr with weights.

Thanks again everyone for your kind words regarding my Chester-dog. There is such a great amount of support from this board. I really appreciate it.

Mickey&Minnie

6 miles tonight. Had to take it slow and easy knowing that I had a yoga and zumba class to get thru afterwards. Monday I usually only do about 3 miles but I am training for a marathon so I gotta get those miles up.;)

dreamfinder

Plain ol 5k on the TM at the gym today. A few seconds faster than the last one, still right around my targeted race pace. Knee hurt a smidge for abit, but over correcting my stride fixed it in quick fashion.

Witchy Chick

Did my 3min run/1 min walk (self-directed) program on the treadmill last night. Total time 30 min, total distance 1.8.

My hips/saddlebags (LOL) are sooooooooore. That's good, right? ;) At least my knee is not giving me trouble. ::knocks on wood::

Witchy

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Another 25 miles. Still experimenting with nutrition stuff.

Tomorrow and Thursday will be close to 100 degrees. I'll be heading out to get some at 3am, but I still expect to be slaughtered by the heat.

Run hard folks.

JillC LI

Did my 3min run/1 min walk (self-directed) program on the treadmill last night. Total time 30 min, total distance 1.8.

My hips/saddlebags (LOL) are sooooooooore. That's good, right? ;) At least my knee is not giving me trouble. ::knocks on wood::

Witchy

Pain = No good. Soreness after a tough workout = good (and is a constant reminder of what you achieved).

Smoked 25 miles this morning before work.

Guy asks me if I'm police SWAT...I tell him I'm just preparing for the apocolypse. *blank stare*

Have a great day and run hard folks.

Bahahaha.

As for me, 4 miles yesterday evening at 9:44 pace. I stupidly decided to eat dinner right beforehand instead of afterwards so I wasn't in my finest form. (I was only going to take a bite or two of the leftovers before leaving on my run, but they were so good, I ate the whole amount I had set aside for dinner!) Well, at least I burned those calories off quickly :D

Mickey&Minnie

My plan is 7-8 miles this evening. My biggest obstacle has been nutrition throughout the day in order to be able to get thru my run comfortably. I will let you know how it goes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom