What did you do?

Kristia

3.5 miles at 10:20 pace and 1/2 hr. core tonight.
Getting ready for the heat and humidity coming our way. BLAH!:eek:

Our little state is going to suck this week.

Heat + humidity + running = an extra beer at night.

Heat and humidity blech!! Totally agree it will be brutal here! Off work today. Was able to get out and do 4 miles at 6:30 am and it was already getting warm. Thank goodness I didn't wait longer! Doing Lavallette 8k this weekend and am hoping it isn't too brutal. Did it 2 years ago and had to walk during it because it was so hot! Hoping for a better finish this year!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
3.17 miles this am. A nice bike ride afterward to cool down. Starting to get back into a routine of M, W, TH and S runs with bik combo's and swimming coming here in the next week. Y membership has been renewed. :D

Steve, since the post count is just over 5K, do we need to start a "What did you do? Part 2", or just keep going in this thread?

joel_maxwell

Thanks buddy. I kept up on my electrolytes and water. Cool as a cucumber. But there were idiots out there looking like death because they had no water. I must have looked like an oasis.
We have gotten to the temps were even for a 3 miler, I take fluids. You just never know. Id like to add a disclaimer:

I only give Mother Nature the finger after one of these challenges, as I walk into my house... away from trees, wild animals, raging water and any other product of Mother Nature that she could wave her wand and show me who is boss. :)

joel_maxwell

Still very pleasant mornings here in middle Georgia. But the heat is coming. Did 7 miles on the bike at 0600, not even much of a sweat. We'll see how tomorrow's 3-miler goes.
Next week... I think that is when the mornings get a little less comfortable. If the temps outside dont go below what I keep my house at (72), that is the sign it is getting to the brutal season.

joel_maxwell

With the combo of running and cycling (mild cycling), my legs are in the middle of that fatigue zone. I need to push through to get on the other side so they arent always tired. A rest day would be nice to let them grow, so 2 miles run this am and 4.5 miles cycled.

Possibly swimming tomorrow in the am
Saturday, going to run 5 (a distance that i havent run in one sitting since February. Very excited)

JillC LI

21 miles.
101 degrees.
My usual all black.
25 pounds of gear and water.
9:00 pace.
And I feel great.

Heat can kiss my a$$.

Run hard and drink often folks.

:eek:

Thanks buddy. I kept up on my electrolytes and water. Cool as a cucumber. But there were idiots out there looking like death because they had no water. I must have looked like an oasis.

Or a mirage!

3 miles on treadmill this morning in 27:50min. Not bad on almost no sleep. It's supposed to hit 100 degrees here today, and the humidity is stifling. I'm gonna have to get up real early to do my weekend 8 miler. Ugh.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
You too!

Actually glad that I have a gym membership today and look forward to my workout tonight in the air conditioning.

I was craving cool air, but it's a luxury I won't have in August at BoB100!
I stuffed my vest and hydropack with ice packs...yeah, that lasted about 15 mins into the run. I had to keep soaking my hat and bandana (which is around my neck) in cold water from the bathrooms... Gag.

joel_maxwell

I was craving cool air, but it's a luxury I won't have in August at BoB100!
I stuffed my vest and hydropack with ice packs...yeah, that lasted about 15 mins into the run. I had to keep soaking my hat and bandana (which is around my neck) in cold water from the bathrooms... Gag.
I just verped up my breakfast.

joel_maxwell

Started swimming this morning in attempts for a long journey into Tri's. It wasnt pretty. I have been around water my whole life, but as we all know, that doesnt translate to a good technical "swimmer." So, the experiment begins. 12 lengths of the pool. I got more comfortable as it went along with side breathing. Lightyears to go.... but Ill get there!

If you think you have descent cardio, get in a pool. It schools you in 4 lengths.

fmingo36

Last night 1 hr w/weights and 1/2 hr. core workout.
Got up early this morning to try and beat the heat. I didn't but still got managed 3.5 miles in at a 10:10 pace.
It was like running in a sauna.
Hope to get to the gym later for my 1hr of pilates/yoga. Kids are out of school now so I may have to mix up my workout schedule a bit. Just Gotta Get it Done!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Another hot one for me. 5 miles, 39 mins.

I have finished P90X2, so going old school now and back for a round of the original P90x.

joel_maxwell

Last night 1 hr w/weights and 1/2 hr. core workout.
Got up early this morning to try and beat the heat. I didn't but still got managed 3.5 miles in at a 10:10 pace.
It was like running in a sauna.
Hope to get to the gym later for my 1hr of pilates/yoga. Kids are out of school now so I may have to mix up my workout schedule a bit. Just Gotta Get it Done!
Congrats on getting at least something done. I know that sauna feeling.
Another hot one for me. 5 miles, 39 mins.

I have finished P90X2, so going old school now and back for a round of the original P90x.
Very nice pace Steve. I love that we can refer to the original P90x as old school. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom