What did you do?

Ariel484

Gotta get back into this thread lol! Been awhile! Ran my first long race of the season, The Broad Street 10 miler in Philly. I was pleased with my time. My goal was to finish in under 2 hours and I finished in 1:53 and some change! :sohappy: I had only gotten up to 8 miles in training runs so I was a little concerned. Now its time to start training for the Goofy!

That's awesome! Way to go! :sohappy:

The first time I ran a 10-mile race (in 2010) I finished in 2:00:42. I was SO MAD that I didn't get it done in under 2 hours, so I know how much that must mean to you. :)

3 miles for me this morning in our stuffy little cardio room here at work. I was drenched in sweat, but it felt great to know that I was working my :zipit: off. :)

JillC LI

Here it is. There are a few on ebay. Thought you might already have one. :D

flamingo.jpg

So, no running this weekend. Two days at Epcot, one at MK, and my feet hurt. :eek:

Those are CUUUUUUTE!

Gotta get back into this thread lol! Been awhile! Ran my first long race of the season, The Broad Street 10 miler in Philly. I was pleased with my time. My goal was to finish in under 2 hours and I finished in 1:53 and some change! :sohappy: I had only gotten up to 8 miles in training runs so I was a little concerned. Now its time to start training for the Goofy!

Congrats, that's exceeding your goal by ALOT!

Joel, are you all moved in? Discover any neat new trails yet?

As for me, 7 miles on Sunday at a comfortable 9:58 pace, and 5 miles yesterday at 9:39 pace. Loving this weather.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Coryna, you NEED that flamingo!

20.51 miles on moderate/heavy technical trails with very steep inclines/declines. Trashed my legs and doing it all over tomorrow!

Thiis year's McNaughton 500 mi started last Thursday, and the updates are insane! 4 runners, 1 just dnf'd the other day, the two lead runners Willy and Mark are playing mind games with each other with the sleep schedules. Awsome. I can't wait to run it next May.

Run strong folks.

fmingo36

Yesterday was 45 mins. on the elipitical.
Tonight I got in a 3.5 mile run and 1/2 hr. core workout AND a little e-bay shopping. I WILL HAVE THAT FLAMINGO!

JillC LI

Thiis year's McNaughton 500 mi started last Thursday, and the updates are insane! 4 runners, 1 just dnf'd the other day, the two lead runners Willy and Mark are playing mind games with each other with the sleep schedules. Awsome. I can't wait to run it next May.

Run strong folks.

Over how many days does the run take place?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Over how many days does the run take place?

10 days, on extreme technical trails, 5 miles up the mountain, and five miles down the mountain; very steep inclines and a river to cross at chest height.

Willy, the lead guy, just passed mile 360. Mark who is in second (who had a pack of coyotes stalking him for an hour and finally had to climb a tree) is at mile 340, and Michelle is around 260mi. No one has ever finished it, but it looks like Willy will be the first, provided he doesn't get injured or the race getting to him mentally. I can't wait to run this next year. It will be epic.

Anyway, 20.53 miles in constant chilly downpours and south winds. My hands and feet were wrinkeld and ghost white, and the skin peeling off of my heels and toes. Just completely soaked for over 3 hours.

Run strong folks.

Kristia

That's awesome! Way to go! :sohappy:

The first time I ran a 10-mile race (in 2010) I finished in 2:00:42. I was SO MAD that I didn't get it done in under 2 hours, so I know how much that must mean to you. :)

3 miles for me this morning in our stuffy little cardio room here at work. I was drenched in sweat, but it felt great to know that I was working my :zipit: off. :)

Thanks! I was so happy to get under 2! I would have been about 2 min faster but I had to stop for a potty break! Too much water early in the am I guess :lol: Goofy here I come! Of course after the race, I was thinking that there was no way I could run a marathon the day after a 10 miler let alone a half! Guess I better get training!

Kristia

Those are CUUUUUUTE!

Congrats, that's exceeding your goal by ALOT!

Joel, are you all moved in? Discover any neat new trails yet?

As for me, 7 miles on Sunday at a comfortable 9:58 pace, and 5 miles yesterday at 9:39 pace. Loving this weather.

Thanks Jill!

Ariel484

Thanks! I was so happy to get under 2! I would have been about 2 min faster but I had to stop for a potty break! Too much water early in the am I guess :lol: Goofy here I come! Of course after the race, I was thinking that there was no way I could run a marathon the day after a 10 miler let alone a half! Guess I better get training!

I know what you mean...a couple of weeks ago I ran a 10-miler on a Saturday and a 5K the next day, and my legs felt good, but I was SO tired! We've got some work to do. :lol: :cry:

3.7 miles of speedwork this morning on the treadmill for me.

Kristia

I know what you mean...a couple of weeks ago I ran a 100miler on a Saturday and a 5K the next day, and my legs felt good, but I was SO tired! We've got some work to do. :lol: :cry:

3.7 miles of speedwork this morning on the treadmill for me.

I hope you meant a 10 miler :eek: If you did an 100 miler, I think you are more than ready for a Goofy!! :ROFLOL:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Good job everyone.

As for me, I ran last weekend and decided that I needed a solid weeks rest and I think I might be back 100%. Everything feels great. I think by Monday, Ill start putting in some miles again. This thing is super stubborn.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Good job everyone.

As for me, I ran last weekend and decided that I needed a solid weeks rest and I think I might be back 100%. Everything feels great. I think by Monday, Ill start putting in some miles again. This thing is super stubborn.

Good luck Joel! Hope everything is good on Monday!

Blueliner

Good job everyone.

Great to hear!

For me, it was Insanity Pure Cardio with Shaun T last night, with hopes of sneaking in 2-3 miles tonight after my kids' baseball games.

Ariel484

I hope you meant a 10 miler :eek: If you did an 100 miler, I think you are more than ready for a Goofy!! :ROFLOL:

Oh good lord! :eek: Yes, I meant a 10-miler, NOT a 100 miler. I'd still be running if it were a 100 miler. :eek: That's what happens when they "0" and "-" keys are right next to one another and I haven't had any coffee yet.

JillC LI

Good job everyone.

So glad you're feeling great. We're all looking forward to you and Steve battling it out for the Speedster title. :king:

As for me, 4 miles on the treadmill of speedwork this morning that felt like hell but hopefully made me stronger.

Mickey&Minnie

Well last Thursday was my last real running day. I did an early 6 mile run and then hopped in the car and headed on vacation. Wasn't able to get any running in on vacay but was able to get in some serious mountain hiking. So I feel ok about it but can't wait to get back into my training, tomorrow.

Texas84

New 3-mile PR: 10:47 pace. I'll break that 10-minute pace some day! It was a bit chilly at 0600. Had to go back in and get the gloves.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20.66 miles. Bad day, so I took my frustration out on my run: 7min pace for the first 10 miles. I never run that fast. Add to that 20 lbs for the gear/hydration vest. Ran my regular ultra pace on the return around a 9:30-10 min pace. Legs are hurtin'.

Finally, my sub24hour buckle came today. I was sporting that bling within minutes.

Run strong folks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom