What did you do?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Gotta mention my wife's day yesterday because she probably won't.

5 mile run in the morning
Insanity workout
P90X2 workout
20 mile bike ride in the evening

Texas84

First time I've been to the world in a while without being in a race. Feels wrong. Just hanging out at F&G

Coryna, have you seen the Fantasia flamingos with the Mickey ears? Pretty funny. Not sure if they are for sale

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I'm still hurting quite a bit. After setting a PR in the Oshkosh half marathon 2 weeks ago, I discovered I had injured something in my foot. I had our nurse at work take a look at it, and she thought it was either a small stress fracture, or pulled ligaments across the top of the foot. Either way, she recommended I take some time off.

It was good advice, because just as it started to feel better, we had a facility alarm go off (I'm an Officer who works in a jail), and we had to run to respond. After about 6 steps, I immediately had shooting pains across the top of my foot.

Yesterday, I had some KT tape arrive in the mail, and I followed the instructions on how to tape up the foot. It felt better almost immediately. I'm going to keep it taped up, and hopefully it'll heal quickly...I have a tryout for our Emergency Response Team on Wednesday morning, and the physical tryout requires full out sprinting.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Gotta mention my wife's day yesterday because she probably won't.

5 mile run in the morning
Insanity workout
P90X2 workout
20 mile bike ride in the evening

Wow! Go Eeyore! She's going to need a new name on the boards if she keeps up that pace!

fmingo36

First time I've been to the world in a while without being in a race. Feels wrong. Just hanging out at F&G

Coryna, have you seen the Fantasia flamingos with the Mickey ears? Pretty funny. Not sure if they are for sale

What? Flamingos with Mickey ears??? I MUST HAVE THEM!!!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
BRING IT! :wave: :sohappy:
:lol: You're on.

Resting the knee an extra day. Loading a PODs with all the house furniture and boxes just isnt fun. Especially since Im a 1 man show. Glad I have a strong core and some descent muscles. :lol:... and a dolly hand truck.

fmingo36

:lol: You're on.

Resting the knee an extra day. Loading a PODs with all the house furniture and boxes just isnt fun. Especially since Im a 1 man show. Glad I have a strong core and some descent muscles. :lol:... and a dolly hand truck.

Good luck with the move Joel. :wave:

GoofyRacer11

Ran 10 miles this morning in the metroparks. I ran at an easy 8:00/mile
pace because I also had soccer practice and I'm not trying to injure myself
before my next race in 2 weeks, The Cleveland Half-Marathon. I'm also about
to add Insanity to my workout routine. I'll be running on cardio days and playing soccer and biking on the workout days. Hope everyone is doing well with their training!

Later Days!

dreamfinder

This morning around 2.5 miles, I had a little tenderness building in it again. I slowed way down. Might take a day or two extra off.

I think Im on the verge of being 100% healed, and I think it needs a good long 3-4 days of rest. Problem is, Im packing a PODS with my entire house. That is working it like a champ... and not in a good way. :lookaroun

I think you are right. Combined with my core stuff I do, my IT band exercises I might start yoga again once a week.

Definitely listen to the body. Take the day off, slow down, or cross train. And lift with the legs not with the back. ; )

Felt pretty good in the 1/2 yesterday. My watch had me less than 2 minutes off my PR, but they still haven't posted the official times to see what they say I did. Someone posted the results, name, ______, class ranking, ______ ranking, etc but left the results and pace column blank. Seems like an important thing to include when posting results. Ended up being a pretty nice course. Hills weren't nearly as bad as I feared, and we ran by a covered bridge (under construction), 3 horse farms, a field of grazing sheep. Pretty scenic run all said and done.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Definitely listen to the body. Take the day off, slow down, or cross train. And lift with the legs not with the back. ; )

Felt pretty good in the 1/2 yesterday. My watch had me less than 2 minutes off my PR, but they still haven't posted the official times to see what they say I did. Someone posted the results, name, ______, class ranking, ______ ranking, etc but left the results and pace column blank. Seems like an important thing to include when posting results. Ended up being a pretty nice course. Hills weren't nearly as bad as I feared, and we ran by a covered bridge (under construction), 3 horse farms, a field of grazing sheep. Pretty scenic run all said and done.
For the first time ever, I actually am listening t my body instead of being stubborn. :lol: I took an extra day and ran 2 miles this am. I have a feeling that if I took a complete week off, I would be healed. The numbness is gone, but I think the tendinitis is still lingering.

I think cross training is the key. I can still stay very active, but take a small break from running (blasphemy!)

We will see. Happy Monday guys.

Blueliner

Saturday was a 10K, which I ended up running at a 9:40 pace. This was considerably slower than I had hoped for, but the heat and humidity seemed to ratchet up just in time for the race (bright sun, mid-70's, and 85-90% humidity was a bad combination for me, as it were). I started overheating after about 4 miles.

It still was good to be in a race for the first time in a long time, and it gives me a measuring stick and some motivation to speed up before the end of September.

fmingo36

Saturday was a 10K, which I ended up running at a 9:40 pace. This was considerably slower than I had hoped for, but the heat and humidity seemed to ratchet up just in time for the race (bright sun, mid-70's, and 85-90% humidity was a bad combination for me, as it were). I started overheating after about 4 miles.

It still was good to be in a race for the first time in a long time, and it gives me a measuring stick and some motivation to speed up before the end of September.

Congrats on your race completion! Still faster than me on a good day! :lol:

Blueliner

Congrats on your race completion! Still faster than me on a good day! :lol:

Thanks!

I think the whole pace issue is so personal that it's sometimes hard to compare performance against anyone other than yourself (unless you're really killing it and can place in your age group or overall). Even then, conditions for each particular race can vary a good bit as well.

By the way, my wife and I are staying at Riverside for the TOT Ten Miler. Hopefully, the WDWMagic Meet and Greet at this race will be a success!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20+ miles.
Lawn cut.
Hedges cut.
Bills paid.
DFH 90min IPAs consumed.
Time to start cookin' dinner for the wife.

BTW- after this weekend's NJ marathon, littering should be an automatic DQ. My training run; beach and beach roads, were littered with gel packs. Shame on you. Makes me sick. Trails tomorrow, but on Wednesday, I will be taking latex gloves and a trash bag on my 30 miler. You're welcome, pigs.

Run strong folks.

fmingo36

20+ miles.
Lawn cut.
Hedges cut.
Bills paid.
DFH 90min IPAs consumed.
Time to start cookin' dinner for the wife.

BTW- after this weekend's NJ marathon, littering should be an automatic DQ. My training run; beach and beach roads, were littered with gel packs. Shame on you. Makes me sick. Trails tomorrow, but on Wednesday, I will be taking latex gloves and a trash bag on my 30 miler. You're welcome, pigs.

Run strong folks.

:lol:

See my facebook status.

Texas84

What? Flamingos with Mickey ears??? I MUST HAVE THEM!!!

Here it is. There are a few on ebay. Thought you might already have one. :D

flamingo.jpg

So, no running this weekend. Two days at Epcot, one at MK, and my feet hurt. :eek:

Kristia

Gotta get back into this thread lol! Been awhile! Ran my first long race of the season, The Broad Street 10 miler in Philly. I was pleased with my time. My goal was to finish in under 2 hours and I finished in 1:53 and some change! :sohappy: I had only gotten up to 8 miles in training runs so I was a little concerned. Now its time to start training for the Goofy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom