What did you do?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
This is getting a little ridiculous. I hope my doctor wasnt right when she told me that I might have done enough damage to the knee that I might not run again. Errrr.

1.5 of 2. Didnt finish 2. Another week off, Ill get the house moved, then Im just going for it. This is getting ridiculous and maybe it is all mental. At least I hope so.

Sorry to hear that Joel. Hang in there!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
This is getting a little ridiculous. I hope my doctor wasnt right when she told me that I might have done enough damage to the knee that I might not run again. Errrr.

1.5 of 2. Didnt finish 2. Another week off, Ill get the house moved, then Im just going for it. This is getting ridiculous and maybe it is all mental. At least I hope so.

Dammit. Mental is sometimes more difficult than the physical. You can do it bro!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
130+ miles last 6 days.

20.33 miles this morning.

Registration for 2013 McNaughton 500 mile opens tomorrow. You can guess what I'll be doing :D

My buddy Steve DNF'd yesterday at McN 200 miler, missing the cutoff at 150 miles. He still killed it.

Run strong folks!

fmingo36

Sorry to hear that Joel.
Maybe once the house stuff settles down, you'll be able to focus on the run and not with everything else going on in your life.
And if you need to continue taking baby-steps and set small goals for yourself, then so be it. You'll get to the finish line maybe a little slower than you had hoped but we all know you'll get there!

fmingo36

130+ miles last 6 days.

20.33 miles this morning.

Registration for 2013 McNaughton 500 mile opens tomorrow. You can guess what I'll be doing :DMy buddy Steve DNF'd yesterday at McN 200 miler, missing the cutoff at 150 miles. He still killed it.

Run strong folks!

Sign me up to be part of your crew!

JillC LI

Weird day:
Being followed by four rabbits.

Huh?

Conquered my first 5K race this morning in 32:47.

Came up slightly short of my 10 min/mile goal but I'll take it. I actually managed to stay under 10 for the first two miles but some brutal hills in the third slowed my pace considerably. Most everyone around me was also in misery at that point so I don't hold it as a personal failure. :)

All things considered I'm very pleased with the race experience and I can't wait to get back into training for my next challenge!

Congratulations. I remember my first 5K. It was the Susan B. Komen race to raise money for breast cancer. Funny story - my younger and somewhat ditsy sister signed us up to run in memory of our aunt who died of breast cancer many years ago. Well, my sister checked off the box on the form that said "Survivor" because she figured we had survived our aunt's passing! So when we showed up to get our numbers, we had a special pink number for true survivors, while everyone else had plain white. I'll tell you I felt like an absolute running with that pink number on my chest having people think I was a survivor. I coulda killed my sister. That was 17 years ago and now we laugh about it. But at the time I was almost too embarrassed to run the race - but I had trained so hard to run that distance for the first time so I did!

4 miles this afternoon but it was more of a fast walk (11:20 pace) than a run. I had my two little girls join me on their scooters because it was Mother's Day and they didn't want me to be alone. Awwwwwwwww!

That's so sweet. I went running on Sunday morning with my hubby on his bike while the kids were in religious school (after my daughter made me breakfast all by herself!). I've been running in 60 degree weather, and it had jumped to 80 degrees, and boy was I not ready for that yet. Felt like I was slogging along the whole time and could barely talk to my hubby, but I did it and felt good about it for the rest of the day. Coryna, I hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day as much as I did.

I loaded a PODS all weekend. One of the best problem=solutions I pulled off, the couch weighs a ton. It wouldnt fit through the front door without multiple people lifting vertical, so we went through the window. Im exhausted and I worked every body part but no cardio.

View attachment 27871

Running in the am after 1 week off.

That picture is a riot. Necessity is the mother of invention.

Ugh. So sorry to hear that. I recently read an article in Runners World about a popular new shoe that forces yo to run with a more fore-to-mid foot landing that has helped people with knee pain. Maybe you want to look into that?

Did the Big Lake Half Marathon Saturday, a few minutes off my target goal. Just wasn't in it. Any my legs are still wicked sore, something just was off. I feel like I ran a full yesterday, not a half two days ago. : ( On the bright side though my knee didn't hurt. Yesterday was 3 miles on the treadmill, 10 miles on the bike, and then a full circuit of the stuff PT has been having me do. So not a total waste, but my muscles hurt way more than they should be.

Good for you for finishing. I'm contemplating another Half in the upcoming year. It's been awhile since I've raced that distance and I think I cold PR. We'll see.

fmingo36

Congratulations. I remember my first 5K. It was the Susan B. Komen race to raise money for breast cancer. Funny story - my younger and somewhat ditsy sister signed us up to run in memory of our aunt who died of breast cancer many years ago. Well, my sister checked off the box on the form that said "Survivor" because she figured we had survived our aunt's passing! So when we showed up to get our numbers, we had a special pink number for true survivors, while everyone else had plain white. I'll tell you I felt like an absolute running with that pink number on my chest having people think I was a survivor. I coulda killed my sister. That was 17 years ago and now we laugh about it. But at the time I was almost too embarrassed to run the race - but I had trained so hard to run that distance for the first time so I did!

That's so sweet. I went running on Sunday morning with my hubby on his bike while the kids were in religious school (after my daughter made me breakfast all by herself!). I've been running in 60 degree weather, and it had jumped to 80 degrees, and boy was I not ready for that yet. Felt like I was slogging along the whole time and could barely talk to my hubby, but I did it and felt good about it for the rest of the day. Coryna, I hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day as much as I did.

That story is kinda funny and definitely something you'll always remember about your first race!

Thanks for the Mom's Day wishes! Glad to hear you had a nice as well . And you're right about the run in the heat yesterday. I forgot how misreable it is to run in the heat. I loved the sun and temp. for everything else but it was a tough run yesterday.
Supposed to get a lot of rain in the area so it looks like I'll be hitting the treadmill the next couple of days.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Sorry to hear that Joel. Hang in there!
Im trying Steve. Thanks

Dammit. Mental is sometimes more difficult than the physical. You can do it bro!
I know. My trainer friend said the rehabbing the mental injury is harder than the physical in athletes.

Sorry to hear that Joel.
Maybe once the house stuff settles down, you'll be able to focus on the run and not with everything else going on in your life.
And if you need to continue taking baby-steps and set small goals for yourself, then so be it. You'll get to the finish line maybe a little slower than you had hoped but we all know you'll get there!
Yes, I had a feeling that it was going to be past this big move. That happens Wednesday. After unpacking etc, Ill try to run again in 7 days. New route, new neighborhood, fresh start!

That picture is a riot. Necessity is the mother of invention.

Ugh. So sorry to hear that. I recently read an article in Runners World about a popular new shoe that forces yo to run with a more fore-to-mid foot landing that has helped people with knee pain. Maybe you want to look into that?
Sam's face was, "I know you arent sticking that couch out our window. Please dont break the frame of the window 3 days before closing!"

I might try those or look into them. My pain is were the IT band connects under the knee and rubs on the side of the knee. If it is tendonitis, ill run through that. I just have to make sure.

fmingo36

Absolutely! I'll let you know the dates. You'll be crewing with Alison & Melissa. I hope to have at least 3 pacers that I can alternate. Right now I have 2.

Cool! Let them know I'll bring the sandwiches. :D

Oh BTW, I think I may have convinced Chris to do the Goofy with me.
Just waiting to see if my BFF is going to join us.
We want to register all together!
So it looks like I'll be part of the Goofy Challenge in 2013. :sohappy:
Just look for me...I'll be in Corral Q. :lol:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Cool! Let them know I'll bring the sandwiches. :D

Oh BTW, I think I may have convinced Chris to do the Goofy with me.
Just waiting to see if my BFF is going to join us.
We want to register all together!
So it looks like I'll be part of the Goofy Challenge in 2012. :sohappy:
Just look for me...I'll be in Corral Q. :lol:

Hell yes! And you meant 2013...
Post-race beers! You need to come and cheer Alison on at the 5k too...yeah, I signed up for that too. Three races in a row. And I'll be logging 20mi training runs before and after the races :D When I did that this year, I kept holding up the construction trucks at GF because I kept running in between the construction site! They were like, " HOLD UP! Here he comes again..."

fmingo36

Hell yes! And you meant 2013...
Post-race beers! You need to come and cheer Alison on at the 5k too...yeah, I signed up for that too. Three races in a row. And I'll be logging 20mi training runs before and after the races :D When I did that this year, I kept holding up the construction trucks at GF because I kept running in between the construction site! They were like, " HOLD UP! Here he comes again..."

Oops-yes 2013 or maybe I should say 2014. I'm sooooo slow I hope to finish before the next years race. :lol:

I may try to sign up to volunteer for the 5k. Still have to figure out logistic. We will probably will have to stay off property :( to stay a little $. But I'll deal with that if it means I can be part of the race weekend.

We gave ourselves a June 15th deadline to sign-up.

Kristia

Good for you!!!
Still trying to crunch some numbers and see if it's going to be doable for me. (Fingers crossed)
Can you pass along the visa discount code. I tried to find my e-mail that I received with the discount offer but I think I may have deleted it by mistake.
Thanks! :wave:

I didn't use a code, I clicked a link in the email that VISA sent me.

http://www.active.com/framed/event_detail.cfm?CHECKSSO=0&EVENT_ID=2020523

If that doesn't work for you, I could try and forward you the email. Hope it helps! Maybe we will see you there! :wave: I will be in corral Q as well! :ROFLOL:

Mickey&Minnie

Got back on schedule today after vacation. 5 miles! I know for some of you that is not that big of a feat but for me it is. I had some interesting things happen on this run...I ate my first bug (well I managed to get it out of my mouth before I swallowed, and no I didn't learn my lesson. I still ran the rest of the 4 miles with my mouth agape) I was able to cool down with a couple of yard sprinklers that were going. That was an added plus that helped me cool down at both the beginning and the end of the run. Finally thank god for those underground dog fences. I found myself on the road with 2 zhus on one side and doberman on the other. Lol! I think they wanted a piece of me but the joke is on them.

Overall I felt pretty good and I can't wait to see how 7 miles goes Thursday!

fmingo36

I didn't use a code, I clicked a link in the email that VISA sent me.

http://www.active.com/framed/event_detail.cfm?CHECKSSO=0&EVENT_ID=2020523

If that doesn't work for you, I could try and forward you the email. Hope it helps! Maybe we will see you there! :wave: I will be in corral Q as well! :ROFLOL:

Thanks.
I actually found the e-mail. I thought I had deleted it but I had put it in a RunDisney folder I started. (I was thinking that day!)

Glad to know I won't be the only one in Corral Q.:lol:

GoofyRacer11

Thanks! Good luck to you and GoofyRacer11 too! *high five* I hope you get that new PR...I am hoping for one too. :sohappy:

12 miles today @ 10:48/mile...my third day in a row of running (speedwork on Thursday, tempo run yesterday), which would explain why I totally ran out of gas at mile 8. :rolleyes: I'm a dummy.

Thanks! I don't think I'll be going for a PR this time. I have another race in 1 1/2 weeks after Cleveland that I took 3rd overall last year so I'm looking to at least defend my title, if not move up. I hope you guys PRs as well.

Hopefully I will be doing the first day of Insanity today, if it arrives on time. If not then I will just do my normal strength training routine.

Later Days!

JillC LI

And I'll be logging 20mi training runs before and after the races :D When I did that this year, I kept holding up the construction trucks at GF because I kept running in between the construction site! They were like, " HOLD UP! Here he comes again..."

LOL, how long was the loop you were able to run? You must've swung by there a LOT!

Got back on schedule today after vacation. 5 miles! I know for some of you that is not that big of a feat but for me it is. I had some interesting things happen on this run...I ate my first bug (well I managed to get it out of my mouth before I swallowed, and no I didn't learn my lesson. I still ran the rest of the 4 miles with my mouth agape) I was able to cool down with a couple of yard sprinklers that were going. That was an added plus that helped me cool down at both the beginning and the end of the run. Finally thank god for those underground dog fences. I found myself on the road with 2 zhus on one side and doberman on the other. Lol! I think they wanted a piece of me but the joke is on them.

I've eaten more than my share of bugs while running and it always grosses me out! As for the sprinklers, they are the BEST on a hot summer's day!

Yes, Corral Q-that's for those us that barely "Q"ualify to be called a runner. :lol:

I may even make a t-shirt!

Hey, cut that out!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom