What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
You've either lurked on these boards before and have seen my posts, or people are talkin'...:lookaroun
The Word is getting out Nick....

You are not wrong there! This section is the only one that has never had a post moderated. No arguments, no attitudes -- good stuff!
I think that is a great compliment to the group that are regulars here. *high five* guys

We'll just call you Cinderfella! :animwink:
:lol:

That's really cool, Steve. It's so wonderful how supportive the running community is. Add "Disney Fan" to "Runner" and you have a bunch of people whose online company I really enoy.
and a bunch of people that could potentially, at some point during their run, sing "Tomorrow's Child" :lookaroun

Texas84

Thanks everybody for the support! I have been running for a few years now and have done several 5k's and a couple of 10k's and one half but this is my first leap toward the full. I have chickened out in years past but this time I am all for it.

Welcome! Yep, this is a great group here. I'm sure they are out there but I've never met a running jerk. :lol:

You have to do at least one marathon and Disney is the best place to do it. Having someone put that Mickey medal on your neck is an amazing experience.

fmingo36

You are not wrong there! This section is the only one that has never had a post moderated. No arguments, no attitudes -- good stuff!

Wow! That says a lot. I know I've seen some pretty heated discussion on other parts of this board.
Guess we get out all of our frustrations while we run/workout.
Running/working out = Zen attitudes.

Mickey&Minnie

Ok, since this is a message board to tell everyone what we did, tonight I started my training. I searched several programs and finally landed on the RW's one. Anyway, tonight I ran or slogged 5 miles. Felt pretty good!

joel_maxwell

Welcome! Yep, this is a great group here. I'm sure they are out there but I've never met a running jerk. :lol:

You have to do at least one marathon and Disney is the best place to do it. Having someone put that Mickey medal on your neck is an amazing experience.
Not here on the boards, but the Birmingham Track Club has some real db's. I have a few stories, but they aren't worth the time.

Wow! That says a lot. I know I've seen some pretty heated discussion on other parts of this board.
Guess we get out all of our frustrations while we run/workout.
Running/working out = Zen attitudes.
YES!
Yes, Im guilty of a few heated discussions over the last 8 years.
& Yes, running/workouts make me a better person.

Ok, since this is a message board to tell everyone what we did, tonight I started my training. I searched several programs and finally landed on the RW's one. Anyway, tonight I ran or slogged 5 miles. Felt pretty good!
Nice job. I love that solid 5 mile distance for a mid week short run.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
25 mi on trails yesterday (I think I posted that already...). Wore my full knee-high gaiters which helped with the thorns as well as the mud.

Hitting asphalt this morning, this COLD morning.

Run strong folks.

Mad Stitch

Ariel484

Are you running the full or half Ariel? The three of us should have a mini meet up before the race like the Tower runners are planning.

The half...I'm thinking about the full for next year, but the second half of the course looks a lot less enjoyable than the first half, so I'm going to think about it a bit more. :shrug: I LOVED the half course last year and that we got to hang out in Browns stadium before the race (i.e. real bathrooms!) so I'm looking forward to it. :D

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I am nursing a very sore left foot/ankle...a remnant from the 1/2 Marathon on Sunday. I have another race this weekend, the Crazylegs Classic in Madison, WI. However, that's only an 8k, so it shouldn't be too bad, but it is all hills, so we shall see.

BTW Coryna...for ToT 10 Miler, I'll be right next door in Riverside!

fmingo36

I am nursing a very sore left foot/ankle...a remnant from the 1/2 Marathon on Sunday. I have another race this weekend, the Crazylegs Classic in Madison, WI. However, that's only an 8k, so it shouldn't be too bad, but it is all hills, so we shall see.

BTW Coryna...for ToT 10 Miler, I'll be right next door in Riverside!

Cool! I've never stayed at Riverside so I do plan on taking a stroll over there and check out the grounds. Let's plan to meet up. :wave:

joel_maxwell

I'm going to ship him down to London for the Olympics this summer. :lol:
LOL... Ill be looking for him.

Nice Steve! You and Joel have to duke it out over the Speedster status.
Ill pass it along to Steve for the year of 2012. I have lost my speedster ability right now, but Ill get it back.

Enjoy that "Wdwmagic Speedster" button Steve.... cause you know Im gonna be back. :D

Cool! I've never stayed at Riverside so I do plan on taking a stroll over there and check out the grounds. Let's plan to meet up. :wave:
Riverside is very nice and peaceful. Stayed there in 2010. Id stay there again if I could get PO:FQ. FQ has a dedicated busline like RS does, but RS has to go ALL the way around the grounds to these stops on the backside. That stinks if you get on the bus on the front end of that.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
LOL... Ill be looking for him.

Ill pass it along to Steve for the year of 2012. I have lost my speedster ability right now, but Ill get it back.

Enjoy that "Wdwmagic Speedster" button Steve.... cause you know Im gonna be back. :D

LOL. I think you are gonna be back better than ever soon enough. I'm gonna keep pushing though - so game on! :wave: :sohappy:

JillC LI

Glad you found a program you are comfortable with.

25 mi on trails yesterday (I think I posted that already...). Wore my full knee-high gaiters which helped with the thorns as well as the mud.

As if running 25 miles wasn't enough, now you throw thorns and mud in there as well?!?! :eek:

A personal best for me over 5 miles today. 35:41, 7:08 /mi pace.

That's fabulous, Steve. Great job!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom