What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
So the knee has been feeling a lot better the last few days. I ran the normal 2 miles this am, sticking to my plan, but I opened it up to test it. I ran about a 7:30 to 7:45 pace for both miles (using my internal pace meter) and the knee felt great!

It wiped my butt on the cardio part, but Ill get that back soon enough.

Very excited and encouraged.

Happy running today.

Ariel484

So the knee has been feeling a lot better the last few days. I ran the normal 2 miles this am, sticking to my plan, but I opened it up to test it. I ran about a 7:30 to 7:45 pace for both miles (using my internal pace meter) and the knee felt great!

Happy running today.

My, are you speedy. Congrats!! :sohappy:

Texas84

So I hit the road about 0930 and didn't check the weather. It was cold!

My systems were thanking me for the week off. 4 miles with a pace well under my ToT goal, last mile was the fastest. Felt pretty darn good. Now going out to cut the grass.

smiley-chores005.gif

fmingo36

Happy running today.

Very encouraging news Joel! You'll absolutely be ready for the ToT10 in September.

GoofyRacer11

I ran the Toledo Half-Marathon this morning. The race
started at 7am and the weather was a bit chilly, but not bad
when I started running. I ran it in 1:32:30, which is a new PR
for this distance by about 2 minutes. Afterward, I got my free
massage and had lunch and Mongolian BBQ. My next race is the
Cleveland Half in about 4 weeks. Hope everyone is doing well!

Later Days!

fmingo36

Later Days!

Fantastic! And congrats on your new PR!!!
That's an amazing time.
Let's see the bling! :D

joel_maxwell

Later Days!
Great job on the PR. You have beat my best PR on a half by 10 minutes. That deserves a *high five*

JillC LI

My run sucked today. Even though I knew it was going to be warm and sunny out, I waited until 2PM to run and felt like I was dying the entire time. Blech. Lesson learned. Have a great weekend, everyone! :wave:

Ugh. Knowing how miserable it is to run in the heat of the day is the only thing that makes me get my derriere out of bed at 6am on a weekend during the warmest parts of the summer.

I hear a massage calling your name at the spa. :D

I like the way you think. I was considering that very thing! The back got worse on Saturday to the point where I had to stand most of the day, not sit, but thankfully, it seems to be somewhat better today so hopefully it's a passing thing. It didn't interfere with my 7 mile run on Sunday though because standing and walking isn't a problem, just sitting and bending.

10 miles in 1:43...really great run except that I was underdressed for it. Brr!

Great!

What did I do today?

I saw Nick's new MACHINE licence plate! AWESOME!!! (Nick, you need to post a picture.)
A great night out with a lot of talk of stalkers :lookaroun.

LOL, and who exactly are these stalkers?! Glad you guys had fun. I'd love to see a pic of the license plate.

Happy running today.

Yay Joel! Way to go!

I ran the Oshkosh, WI 1/2 Marathon.

Posted a PR 2:29:02.

The course was super flat, with only one bridge.

Congratulations!

And congratulations to you too!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer

Nice job buddy!

20+ miles on technical trails on Saturday.

20+ miles this morning on asphalt and sand.

2nd IBU 50 miler is this Saturday with a few fellow ultra peeps.

Hoping to get down to the Wiss trails next week and get my a-- handed to me while rock-hopping on steep inclines, then taking a 30 foot cliff jump into the water.

Run strong folks.

joel_maxwell

Sorry, I over looked this. Nice Job! Id rather have a hill straight up than those long "sort of" inclines on those bridges. Those are the only hills I dont like.

Nice job buddy!

20+ miles on technical trails on Saturday.

20+ miles this morning on asphalt and sand.

2nd IBU 50 miler is this Saturday with a few fellow ultra peeps.

Hoping to get down to the Wiss trails next week and get my a-- handed to me while rock-hopping on steep inclines, then taking a 30 foot cliff jump into the water.

Run strong folks.
Nice Nick. About 2 miles down the road from where Im moving, I have seen a small gravel parking lot and a trail head entrance. I cant tell if it is bike, walking or whatever, but I cant wait to get down there and explore.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Sorry, I over looked this. Nice Job! Id rather have a hill straight up than those long "sort of" inclines on those bridges. Those are the only hills I dont like.

Nice Nick. About 2 miles down the road from where Im moving, I have seen a small gravel parking lot and a trail head entrance. I cant tell if it is bike, walking or whatever, but I cant wait to get down there and explore.

Report back when you do!

As for me, hitting the trails in a few before work.

Run strong folks.

joel_maxwell

Report back when you do!

As for me, hitting the trails in a few before work.

Run strong folks.
Im going by there this weekend. It isnt "on the way to work" or anything else convenient to run by there, so, when we go stalk our house this weekend, ill pull into the parking lot and give it a look see.

joel_maxwell

Per the recovery schedule, 2 miles this am. A 8 minute pace for both.

With the temps in the low 40's, I would usually wear a short sleeve tech shirt, but I wore my long sleeve Mercedes Full tech shirt I earned in February. It is the second time I have gotten to wear it due to warm temps. It is lime green. :D

EDIT: Forgot to mention. I think the Garmin battery is a beast. I havent plugged my Garmin in since 02.12.12 after my full. I havent turned it on since, and when I fired it up this morning, battery at 100%. I love efficiency. No battery power lose over time.

fmingo36

So far today I did 1/2 hr of yoga and booked my trip for the Tower of Terror 10 Miler! Port Orleans French Quarter---here I come! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

joel_maxwell

So far today I did 1/2 hr of yoga and booked my trip for the Tower of Terror 10 Miler! Port Orleans French Quarter---here I come! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:
YEA! I wish I was over at the PO:FQ instead of AS:M, but hey, you will not hear me complain at all. Just happy to be there. You could give me a broom closet and Id be happy. :lol:

dreamfinder

Had a PT eval yesterday evening, went over some basic stretching and they KT'ed my knee. This mornings 5k had no real pain, but both knees felt a bit washy at time. Maybe the brief stretching has already loosened some stuff up?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom