What did you do?

Blueliner

Insanity Cardio Power and Resistance this morning, with a 3 mile run either tonight or tomorrow morning. Where did this winter blast come from?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Insanity Cardio Power and Resistance this morning, with a 3 mile run either tonight or tomorrow morning. Where did this winter blast come from?
I dont know, but I loved that 44 temp this am at start.

Just thought about this, normally, I would have been traveling to Nashville this Friday. Just looked at the temps up there thinking this cold spell would be hanging around for the race Saturday. Well, Saturday am will be a low of 60 and Saturday high of 83. Yikes, that Full would have not been fun around mile 20. 70's and sunny around 11.

Mickey&Minnie

My first time posting on this thread, but me and a couple of my crazy friends did the warrior dash over the weekend in Jackson Ms. Today I start my marathon training program to complete my first marathon in January in Disney. I can't wait, even tho I know it is going to be some tough training ahead.:eek:

Ariel484

I ran the Toledo Half-Marathon this morning. The race
started at 7am and the weather was a bit chilly, but not bad
when I started running. I ran it in 1:32:30, which is a new PR
for this distance by about 2 minutes. Afterward, I got my free
massage and had lunch and Mongolian BBQ. My next race is the
Cleveland Half in about 4 weeks. Hope everyone is doing well!

Later Days!

I’ll be running the Cleveland Half also. I’m beginning to get worried, training for this one has not been going as well as I would like.

Me too! :sohappy:

Mad Stitch - Just keep doing your best. I hope you have a great race!

My first time posting on this thread, but me and a couple of my crazy friends did the warrior dash over the weekend in Jackson Ms. Today I start my marathon training program to complete my first marathon in January in Disney. I can't wait, even tho I know it is going to be some tough training ahead.:eek:

Good luck with your training! Disney is a great first marathon...you'll love it! :wave:

joel_maxwell

Welcome aboard to the running section. By far the best section of wdwmagic. :D No drama, just a bunch of runners encouraging each other.

Good luck on your Full training. Keep us up to date on how it is going.

fmingo36

Welcome to the running board!
You have plenty of time to train for the marathon.
It's a great event!

fmingo36

YEA! I wish I was over at the PO:FQ instead of AS:M, but hey, you will not hear me complain at all. Just happy to be there. You could give me a broom closet and Id be happy. :lol:

I feel the same way but my hubby WANTED to stay at POFQ so I couldn't disappoint him. :lol:
I was very happy with the price that I got with the race discount at 407-WDW-IRUN. Did you book through them? The price difference between the value and moderate wasn't that bad. The thought of having a hot tub was worth the extra $ for me.

Welcome aboard to the running section. By far the best section of wdwmagic. :D No drama, just a bunch of runners encouraging each other.

ABSOLUTELY! Love the connections I've made on this board.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Welcome to the running board! Good luck with your training. There are lots of great people in this thread, so if you need any help, support, advice - fire away!

Mickey&Minnie

Thanks everybody for the support! I have been running for a few years now and have done several 5k's and a couple of 10k's and one half but this is my first leap toward the full. I have chickened out in years past but this time I am all for it.

joel_maxwell

I feel the same way but my hubby WANTED to stay at POFQ so I couldn't disappoint him. :lol:
I was very happy with the price that I got with the race discount at 407-WDW-IRUN. Did you book through them? The price difference between the value and moderate wasn't that bad. The thought of having a hot tub was worth the extra $ for me.
No, I booked through Kingdom Konsultants (masteryoda; aka Richard). Richard will be down the same weekend, we are family friends and since Sam is going now, we decided to stay where they are so we could have breakfast together a few times. You know... those 1 billion calorie pancakes, bacon, eggs etc at the dining hall. Love it.

ABSOLUTELY! Love the connections I've made on this board.
Yes, best part of wdwmagic. I think we have been live for what? 1.5 years now?

EDIT: first "What did you do" post: 12th April 2010, 21:44. WOW!

Thanks everybody for the support! I have been running for a few years now and have done several 5k's and a couple of 10k's and one half but this is my first leap toward the full. I have chickened out in years past but this time I am all for it.
Dont worry, if you are committed to doing it, we wont let you quit or chicken out i should say. :wave:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer

Welcome. Support and advice awaits you. Everyone on here is great. Make sure you listen to Joel, Phonedave ( if he comes back...), Coryna (fmingo), Jill, Brad (Fieval) and all the other veterens, except me...don't ever listen to me :lookaroun

Anyway, 25 miles on the trails before work. Another 25-30 tomorrow.
Run strong folks.

Mickey&Minnie

Welcome. Support and advice awaits you. Everyone on here is great. Make sure you listen to Joel, Phonedave ( if he comes back...), Coryna (fmingo), Jill, Brad (Fieval) and all the other veterens, except me...don't ever listen to me :lookaroun

Anyway, 25 miles on the trails before work. Another 25-30 tomorrow.
Run strong folks.

Don't worry, I know never to listen to you. You are superman!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Yes, best part of wdwmagic. I think we have been live for what? 1.5 years now?

EDIT: first "What did you do" post: 12th April 2010, 21:44. WOW!

You are not wrong there! This section is the only one that has never had a post moderated. No arguments, no attitudes -- good stuff!

JillC LI

YEA! I wish I was over at the PO:FQ instead of AS:M, but hey, you will not hear me complain at all. Just happy to be there. You could give me a broom closet and Id be happy. :lol:

We'll just call you Cinderfella! :animwink:

Don't worry, I know never to listen to you. You are superman!

You learn quick!

Cool, thanks for reading. Wait until the next 100mi this august (super hot) and my 500mi...that'll be a long read.

If you can run it, I can read it! I accept the challenge! :lol:

You are not wrong there! This section is the only one that has never had a post moderated. No arguments, no attitudes -- good stuff!

That's really cool, Steve. It's so wonderful how supportive the running community is. Add "Disney Fan" to "Runner" and you have a bunch of people whose online company I really enoy.

Anyway, as to my running today, 3.85 miles on treadmill this morning, not particularly fast, but on very little sleep, so I'm satisfied. The back is feeling even a bit better today, so I'm really hopeful that it is passing easily. (But I still might splurge for that massage!)

fmingo36

Anyway, as to my running today, 3.85 miles on treadmill this morning, not particularly fast, but on very little sleep, so I'm satisfied. The back is feeling even a bit better today, so I'm really hopeful that it is passing easily. (But I still might splurge for that massage!)

Go for you it. You deserve it! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom