What did you do?

DisneyRunner

I ran a half hour on the track at the Y. Then, I went to a treadmill for an additional 3.14 miles. Followed up with some strength training. Sitting here, I can feel the effort in my legs. I'm loving kettle bells at the moment. I wish I could find a local cross fit class.

JillC LI

Great Work everyone.

Im sad because im missing a local Earth Day run at Ruffner Mtn. Same place i did my 21K last fall. That is ok, Ill be back next October.

Colder temps and freeze warning here in Bham. Cant wait for that cold morning run.

I'm sorry you're missing that run, but you'll be back on track soon. You're doing the right thing taking it slow.

3.03 miles of interval training with my brother, 46:45 minutes and 15:25 min/mile average.

I think I'm still dead somewhere, first time doing any training with hills involved.

LOL, yeah those hills can really take it out of ya!

I'm actually already starting to think of songs I want on my running playlist for my first full marathon....I want to be inspired to drive --to dig --to do something very few have....

I started a running music thread awhile back. Check it out!

3 miles today. Wore my pat-strap. It seemed to make my knee last longer.

Do you want to run a marathon and find out how? I have a great book I read 2 years ago that Id love to mail to someone. It is for anyone wanting to run one. Learn about nutrition, pacing and schedules. We are packing the house and I dont want to throw a book away. Just PM me.

No excuses.

Is that the Dave Whitsett book I recommended on this board a few years ago? if so, I still stand behind its usefulness 100%. LOVED that book! It was my Bible.

As for me, beautiful 6 mile run at 9:42 min. pace this morning before work. Loving this weather.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
21+ miles this morning.

Hitting some hard trails tomorrow and Saturday. I think Asbury Park Half marathon is on Saturday and that is on my normal route up the beach, so def hitting the trails then.

I am getting antsy waiting for my buckle. The race directors are having them engraved with our names and finishing time, which is great, but I wish It were hanging from my waist now!

Cheers folks.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Is that the Dave Whitsett book I recommended on this board a few years ago? if so, I still stand behind its usefulness 100%. LOVED that book! It was my Bible.
YES... I have the old cover on mine, but the information is GOLDEN. I want to pass it around the forum. Coryna is first.Read it, sign the inside and pass along.

As for me, beautiful 6 mile run at 9:42 min. pace this morning before work. Loving this weather.
Very nice distance. 6 miles with that weather is 56 minutes of bliss.

Texas84

Why is winter back? 3 miles this AM. 44F.

Here are some early morning safety tips for all:

1) Stop signs are optional between 0400 and sunrise.

2) If you approach a vehicle idling in a driveway, they will pull out right when you reach said driveway.

3) Watch out for newspaper throwing vehicles. They are fixed on the target, not the road. Or you.

4) Get a RoadID
:wave:

enchanted_belle

What did I do tonight?

..... homework. :lookaroun

Planned to go to the gym after work today, was suppose to get off at 2. Got out at 6, so gym got taken away for the night :( Guess this is now my rest night of the week? lol.

joel_maxwell

2) If you approach a vehicle idling in a driveway, they will pull out right when you reach said driveway.

3) Watch out for newspaper throwing vehicles. They are fixed on the target, not the road. Or you.

4) Get a RoadID
#2 is spot on.... then they motion for you to "go on" as they block the sidewalk.

#4... got one. Never leave home without it.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I registered for a local 1/2 Marathon for next weekend.

I had been planning on doing it, but finally registered. I have races 2 straight weekends now.

Mr mom

Still on my 6.25 miles 5 days a week but I had to stop the weights for a bit, got a new puppy and he won't let me work out. Hopefully he will be settled enough for me to get back at the weights next week. Been thinking about an upcoming marathon but have not made up my mind yet, it would mean stepping back up a bit on my runs.

DisneyRunner

4) Get a RoadID

:ROFLOL:

Biked 29 miles, today. It's part of the Lazyman Ironman activity at the Y. I've completed the running. Just 37 more miles for the bike portion. And my daughter is doing the swimming potrtion, she's on swim team. She has to complete 3,224 more yards.

Ariel484

4) Get a RoadID

PREACH. Especially on the RoadID...I read a story online about someone wiping out on their bike and getting knocked out. Luckily someone found her and they were able to contact her husband on her phone, but besides the phone she had no ID, and that scared me into getting a RoadID last fall. I'm really glad to have it.

9 miles today at 10:26/mile pace...huzzah! :sohappy:

Have a great weekend everyone! :wave:

JillC LI

When I read "one very tired fmingo," I read it as "one very tired f'ing mingo."
:ROFLOL:

Now that you mention it, this is going to sound weird, but I always read her screen name in my head as "flamingo" even though I knew it was not. So Coryna, where does the name fmingo come from? Am I missing something obvious?

Texas84

Now that you mention it, this is going to sound weird, but I always read her screen name in my head as "flamingo" even though I knew it was not. So Coryna, where does the name fmingo come from? Am I missing something obvious?
Had the same thought. Also wondering how to pronounce Coryna. :D

fmingo36

Had the same thought. Also wondering how to pronounce Coryna. :D

Starting in high school and continuing for a good 20 years I obsessively collected flamingo stuff. I was born in the town where plastic pink lawn flamingos were first made and somehow became a little flamingo crazy. Most of it is now in storage because it started to take over my house!
I just shorten flamingo to fmingo.
My name is pronounced Cor-ree-na (like the Whoopie Goldberg movie).
The "y" in my name throws everyone off.

JillC LI

Starting in high school and continuing for a good 20 years I obsessively collected flamingo stuff. I was born in the town where plastic pink lawn flamingos were first made and somehow became a little flamingo crazy. Most of it is now in storage because it started to take over my house!
The "y" in my name throws every one.

Cool! So I was actually right on track to say "flamingo" in my head! And we've all learned something new about Coryna! I like flamingos too, btw. I always thought it was neat that they get pinker over the course of their lives as they eat more of the nutrient that contains the pink coloring.

joel_maxwell

Noooo, I was going to get that story during the ToT run weekend. Oh well. I probably couldnt have waited anyway.

The "y" in my name throws everyone off.
GUILTY! :lookaroun

BTW, I have something in the mail for you today. USPS. I signed the inside with my name and under the column, "We Did It!", I listed my best marathon time and marathon location/city.

Time to read and pass along.

fmingo36

1 hour of weights and 1/2 hr of core this morning.
Trying to get a run in later but I think lawn work might win out today.
Beautiful day here in NJ. I hope it's as nice in your part of the world. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom