What did you do?

JillC LI

I took today off, as I fell on the ice in my driveway, and I'm still really sore today. I can barely move my neck and shoulders, and I still don't know if I was knocked out. (My head hit the ground pretty hard, and nobody was around.)

I'll try and makeup the workout later this week.

Feel better! Rest up and ice down.

1 week and 4 days till my Full. Im getting nervous. I know I have said before, but last year I got injured about 4 weeks out and had to do the half. Today, I am feeling some weird pain in my inside ankle. It comes and goes during a run... so I would assume that is a bruise or tendonitis. It is manageable and I hope to get through this week of the taper without it getting worse. I know next week will really give it some rest.

I think that it is exaggerated in my head since I got hurt this race last year and I really want to do the full on this course, in my home town.

6 miles tomorrow am.

I think you're right about focusing on it more than it's worth. Do go easy, but you're in the taper so your body has time to heal any tweaks. Elevate the ankle when you're not on your feet. You're gonna do great!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Ok, so, 30.03 miles this morning.

Just under 40 miles yesterday morning.

Today was okay, and I had some soreness in my legs, mostly due to the fact that I didn't use The Stick long enough last night or this morning.

Baked potatoes and ketchup seem to be my best weapon on my long runs.

Around mile 24 this morning, I got my dose of protein from swallowing a large winged bug / gnat / fly, whatever. It tried to fight its way up my throat, but alas, it went down, and that fluttering from its fight is what made me sick to my stomach for the last 6 miles. :hurl:

And that's all she wrote. Back to 20+ milers tomorrow.

Aloha and cheers!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I think you're right about focusing on it more than it's worth. Do go easy, but you're in the taper so your body has time to heal any tweaks. Elevate the ankle when you're not on your feet. You're gonna do great!
Im not sure if this is accurate or how things work, but I have always wondered if you (me) feel more tweaks and a little soreness in the weeks of taper since my body is actually able to catch up and heal some things. I wonder if it is my muscles growing a bit too since they have time to recover.

Im looking forward to tomorrows am run to see how 2 days off felt.

Am I crazy? :lol:

Ok, so, 30.03 miles this morning.

Just under 40 miles yesterday morning.

Today was okay, and I had some soreness in my legs, mostly due to the fact that I didn't use The Stick long enough last night or this morning.

Baked potatoes and ketchup seem to be my best weapon on my long runs.

Around mile 24 this morning, I got my dose of protein from swallowing a large winged bug / gnat / fly, whatever. It tried to fight its way up my throat, but alas, it went down, and that fluttering from its fight is what made me sick to my stomach for the last 6 miles. :hurl:

And that's all she wrote. Back to 20+ milers tomorrow.

Aloha and cheers!
Wow. That is gross.

fmingo36

Well I was all set to run this afternoon and when I got the gym every treadmill was either taken or broken (12 treadmills were broken-RIDICULOUS!)
so I ended up doing 25 minutes on the stair climber and and hour class with weight. Still got in a good workout but I was upset that I couldn't get a run in.

joel_maxwell

6 miles this am. Negative splits from 9:20 first mile and 10-15 seconds faster per mile.

Inside ankle felt much better. As long as I stayed on the middle or left side of the road I was fine. If I had to get on the right side of the street, the inside of my left ankle got a little warm with very mild pain. I think Im ok. :D

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
And how exactly do you carry and serve these potatoes and ketchup to yourself while running?!

Aren't we all? (especially Nick - ach, I'd better not say that, he'll run all the way over here and let me have it! :ROFLOL:)

I cook them the night before, wrap em in foil and stick them in the fridge. I carry them in my vest; tons of pockets. And the ketchup is just in little packets that I keep in the mesh pockets of the water bottle holsters at my shoulders. I forgot, we're not FB pals, so I don't think you've seen my lunatic set-up.

Damn right I'll run right up there!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20+ miles this morning. My right ankle is hurting me (irony Joel...) I think from doing long runs on the beach. Icing it, wrapping it, and we'll see tomorrow.

Beer? Yes.

Aloha and cheers!

JillC LI

I cook them the night before, wrap em in foil and stick them in the fridge. I carry them in my vest; tons of pockets. And the ketchup is just in little packets that I keep in the mesh pockets of the water bottle holsters at my shoulders. I forgot, we're not FB pals, so I don't think you've seen my lunatic set-up.

Damn right I'll run right up there!

It's not that I don't want to be your FB friend - it's just that I only check my FB account maybe every 4-5 months. No interest in it for some reason (plus I can't access it from work which is where I spend the majority of my online time). Maybe the next time I check it I'll look for all you guys to Friend.

As for me, 3.6 miles on TM this morning. 7 reps of (1/4 mile at 8:30 min/mile with 1.5 minutes rest at 10 min/mile).

joel_maxwell

3 miles on lunch today. This taper stuff is brutal. I felt better and had fresher legs during 30-40 mile weeks.

It is so hard for me to trust this taper stuff.

joel_maxwell

I swear the first 3 miles are the worst anyways. I always feel like I get my groove after 3 miles.
Totally agree when Im running halves b/c I go out of the gate a lot faster and just hold steady at the same pace. Here is my plan since my last Full I ran the first 13ish at a 8 minute pace and by 20 I was done. I didnt run it correctly. Lets say Id like to have a 8:45-9 pace overall.

mile 1-6 = 9:20 pace
mile 6-13 = 9:00 pace
mile 13-20 = 8:40 pace
mile 20+ = give it all I got left.

Id be so elated if I could be disciplined enough to run a negative split marathon. I think Im going to get a sharpie and write this on my forearm to remind me :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom