What did you do?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
P90X2 Total body....

Like lifting weights during an earthquake...every move had a balance component. Totally whipped my butt....It's a good thing though...looking forward to the challenge.

LOL yeah it's a good one isn't it. Power and Balance is pretty similar

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Wow, a 41 mile week will really take it out of you. (I'm referring to us mere mortals, Nick :D)
:lol:

I have been very fatigued this week, but I think it is my kids. LOL My heels on both feet have been a little sore. I have put them in a ice bucket every night this week until numb.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I set a new PR yesterday- 5.16 miles in 44:46, 8:40 average pace. :D Just 3 minutes slower than my speed demon husband! :lol:

fmingo36

30 miles, back to back to back, three days in a row. Feeling good.

Well, Garmin just officially discontinued the 305, after I made all of those modifications to increase battery. I don't like any of the new models, even the 910XT. They just don't click for me. So, I am either going to buy a few more 305s as back ups, or I'm dropping the cash on the new Suunto AMBIT after the ultra. 50+ hours of battery, here I come!

Aloha folks!

Check e-bay. Maybe someone is selling their 305 for a newer model.
I've bought 2 cell phones that I love on e-bay because they no longer offer it in the stores. Everyone always wants the latest and greatest..I prefer what works for me.

fmingo36

Hey Everyone!
Well I've been completely MIA since the beginning of the year. I've been out of state helping my dad recover from surgery and the complications that happened after the surgery. My dad does not have internet so I really have been out of the loop. I missed you guys. :)
Just got a chance to catch up on everyones messages. Man, you guys are doing amazing!!! Love how many medals have been earned since the first of the year. WAY TO GO!!!!
Nick, Jill, Joel--you never fail to amaze me with your dedication. Getting those miles in no matter what.
I ran for the first time in months this week-3 miles (twice) on the treadmill, plus a few weight-lifting, yoga, and core classes. Hopefully getting back on the training track. Felt great. I can't believe how much I missed exercising the past few weeks. It really is a way of life.

Keep up the GREAT work everyone!!!

joel_maxwell

Check e-bay. Maybe someone is selling their 305 for a newer model.
I've bought 2 cell phones that I love on e-bay because they no longer offer it in the stores. Everyone always wants the latest and greatest..I prefer what works for me.
I high five you, and admire you. Im kind of like you. I dont like to waste money on the latest and greatest.

Hey Everyone!
Well I've been completely MIA since the beginning of the year. I've been out of state helping my dad recover from surgery and the complications that happened after the surgery. My dad does not have internet so I really have been out of the loop. I missed you guys. :)
Just got a chance to catch up on everyones messages. Man, you guys are doing amazing!!! Love how many medals have been earned since the first of the year. WAY TO GO!!!!
Nick, Jill, Joel--you never fail to amaze me with your dedication. Getting those miles in no matter what.
I ran for the first time in months this week-3 miles (twice) on the treadmill, plus a few weight-lifting, yoga, and core classes. Hopefully getting back on the training track. Felt great. I can't believe how much I missed exercising the past few weeks. It really is a way of life.

Keep up the GREAT work everyone!!!
1)Hope you Dad is doing well.
2) Holy Cow, no internet
3) Glad you are back running again
4) Thanks, I am proud of my fellow runners too. 2 weeks till my 2nd marathon attempt. :D

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I high five you, and admire you. Im kind of like you. I dont like to waste money on the latest and greatest.

2) Holy Cow, no internet
4) Thanks, I am proud of my fellow runners too. 2 weeks till my 2nd marathon attempt. :D

Good luck with the 2nd attempt. I expect a sub 4 time!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Completed another three consecutive days of 30 miles every morning.

My modified 305 seems to be doing the trick and the weight of the

whole rig isn't really an issue. Rest today, breakfast with the wife, and picking up some back up clothes and socks for my race.

Tomorrow: 40 miles :D

Aloha and cheers!

joel_maxwell

Me too. Me too.

I have been running negatives splits lately. I cant help it. I make myself start off slow, paying close attention to pace and around mile 10, I just forget and start getting faster.

I think Im going to run the first half at a 9 or 9:15 pace and then an 8:45 from 13-20 (Im considering the terrain). At 20, try to turn that up to a 8:30 and see how long or faster I can get. Hopefully, all body parts including heels and right knee will feel great that day.

We will see. Here's to planning. #gameplan :D

joel_maxwell

My modified 305 seems to be doing the trick and the weight of the

whole rig isn't really an issue. Rest today, breakfast with the wife, and picking up some back up clothes and socks for my race.

Aloha and cheers!
Bad _SS dude. Bad _ss!

Nice job as always.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I did P90X2 Balance and Power yesterday. I really like that workout a lot. It was similar to X2 Total Body, as everything was a compound move, working both core and a targeted body part. However, I didn't find the balance component to be impossible, as it only used my own body weight against me. Every move is difficult, but seems obtainable if more strength is gained.

Rest day today....jealous of all those running in Disneyland today. :)

fmingo36

WELCOME BACK CORYNA! :wave:
Thanks Nick! Glad your training is going well. Can't wait to cheer you on in March!

HIGH FIVE right back atcha!

2) Holy Cow, no internet

No kidding! I felt like I was Amish! :lol:

Got in an hour of yoga and 2.75 miles on the treadmill this morning. I'm kind of starting from square 1 with the running. (I haven't run more than 3.5 miles in over 4 months).

surfsupdon

Wow you are all doing so much, it's so encouraging!! Keep it up.

I haven't been out running this week, but instead have been doing Insanity Max Cardio and Max Cardio Interval. My next event is a Tough Mudder so I'm trying to do a slightly different style of training.

JillC LI

I set a new PR yesterday- 5.16 miles in 44:46, 8:40 average pace. :D Just 3 minutes slower than my speed demon husband! :lol:

Congratulations! Very impressive.

Hey Everyone!

I hope your dad is doing better. Welcome back to the 21st century! LOL. You hit the nail on the head - we all keep running because it is a way of life for us. And you too!

No pressure or anything though. :ROFLOL:

Good lord.

Wow you are all doing so much, it's so encouraging!! Keep it up.

I haven't been out running this week, but instead have been doing Insanity Max Cardio and Max Cardio Interval. My next event is a Tough Mudder so I'm trying to do a slightly different style of training.

As long as you're keeping that heart pumping, you're doing well, whatever form of training you choose. I'll bet that a Tough Mudder requires some different prep.

As for me, 3.5 miles on the treadmill today. Nothing fancy. Did 13 miles on the stationary bike on Saturday.

dreamfinder

I'll bet that a Tough Mudder requires some different prep.

Ayup. Jumping 20 ft into freezing water, electrocuting yourself, while still running 12 miles.

Did 7.5mi Sat and Sun at the gym, legs were stiff afterwards, first back to back longer runs since Marathon Weekend.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I took today off, as I fell on the ice in my driveway, and I'm still really sore today. I can barely move my neck and shoulders, and I still don't know if I was knocked out. (My head hit the ground pretty hard, and nobody was around.)

I'll try and makeup the workout later this week.

joel_maxwell

I took today off, as I fell on the ice in my driveway, and I'm still really sore today. I can barely move my neck and shoulders, and I still don't know if I was knocked out. (My head hit the ground pretty hard, and nobody was around.)

DANG. Gald you are ok and it isnt worse.

joel_maxwell

1 week and 4 days till my Full. Im getting nervous. I know I have said before, but last year I got injured about 4 weeks out and had to do the half. Today, I am feeling some weird pain in my inside ankle. It comes and goes during a run... so I would assume that is a bruise or tendonitis. It is manageable and I hope to get through this week of the taper without it getting worse. I know next week will really give it some rest.

I think that it is exaggerated in my head since I got hurt this race last year and I really want to do the full on this course, in my home town.

6 miles tomorrow am.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer

Feel better, be careful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom