What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Nice! Very nice!

Ingenious! Necessity is the mother of invention as they say.

As for me, it snowed over the weekend by me - not alot but enough to cover the ground in a solid slick coat of ice Sunday morning so I did 6 miles on the TM. Last night I did another 4. The ice has melted though so I plan to do 7 tomorrow outdoors in this gorgeous 40 degree winter weather.
Glad you stayed inside. Last year, I got stubborn and ran on ice which hurt my heal and had to sit for 2 weeks.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
30 miles, back to back to back, three days in a row. Feeling good.

Well, Garmin just officially discontinued the 305, after I made all of those modifications to increase battery. I don't like any of the new models, even the 910XT. They just don't click for me. So, I am either going to buy a few more 305s as back ups, or I'm dropping the cash on the new Suunto AMBIT after the ultra. 50+ hours of battery, here I come!

Aloha folks!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
P90x2 Recovery & Mobility today....some stretching with a whole lot of foam rolling.

I'll say it works...i felt much looser afterward, and no longer sore from yesterday's workout.

joel_maxwell

Ugh. Yeah. I'll brave the cold, I'll brave the rain, I'll brave the heat, but I won't brave ice.
Ice is definitely off my approved conditions to run in. Just not worth it.

I swapped tomorrows run and today's run for a few reasons. 4 miles today on the taper. I keep telling myself, trust the taper. So hard.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
30 miles, back to back to back, three days in a row. Feeling good.

Well, Garmin just officially discontinued the 305, after I made all of those modifications to increase battery. I don't like any of the new models, even the 910XT. They just don't click for me. So, I am either going to buy a few more 305s as back ups, or I'm dropping the cash on the new Suunto AMBIT after the ultra. 50+ hours of battery, here I come!

Aloha folks!

I've noticed that 305 was getting in short supply everywhere. GRRRRR.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Rest day today :eek:

I'll be doing three consecutive days of 30+ milers starting tomorrow. :sohappy:

Aloha folks! (Yes, my head is still at the Poly)

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Ok, I'm having a hell of a time trying to compress my pics to upload here. I wanted to do a really nice Goofy Challenge 2012 trip report, but so far I can only get this pic loaded

After the full marathon with all of my medals!
Corral A
Clock - 3:39:11
Net - 3:38:54
Overall Place - 813 / 13,493
Gender - 664 / 7,168
Division - 106 / 1,030

showphoto.php

JillC LI

5.01 miles today, 39mins 49secs, 7:57 /mi pace.

Nice.

Rest day today :eek:

I didn't know you knew what those were! :lol:
On another note, you seriously deserve that cool new watch.

Ok, I'm having a hell of a time trying to compress my pics to upload here. I wanted to do a really nice Goofy Challenge 2012 trip report, but so far I can only get this pic loaded

Bummer, wish I could see it.

As for me, 7 miles in gorgeous 40+ degree weather last night. So lovely to run in that. It got darker earlier than I anticipated so I finished the last 2 miles in darkness which makes me nervous about tripping over an uneven sidewalk or something, but it was fine.

joel_maxwell

8 miles today at 5:30 am.

Im a bit tired after my 41 mile week last week. I havent been getting near enough rest with the kids this week.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
30 miles @ 9:30 pace. Some stomach issues but I fixed it with some ginger chews. Legs feel good.

Another 30 tomorrow. Grabbing a pizza loaded with veggies, sans cheese, and had a few Stone IPAs.

Aloha folks!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Oh, I forgot to mention: the benefit of living at the beach and being able to run up and down the coast every morning - I saw a HUGE whale just a quarter mile out, breaching and shooting water. It's the third one I've seen in a couple of years. I see pods of dolphins every so often too. Very cool stuff.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
P90X2 Total body....

Like lifting weights during an earthquake...every move had a balance component. Totally whipped my butt....It's a good thing though...looking forward to the challenge.

joel_maxwell

Oh, I forgot to mention: the benefit of living at the beach and being able to run up and down the coast every morning - I saw a HUGE whale just a quarter mile out, breaching and shooting water. It's the third one I've seen in a couple of years. I see pods of dolphins every so often too. Very cool stuff.
That is cool! Wow.

You are very lucky.

JillC LI

8 miles today at 5:30 am.

Im a bit tired after my 41 mile week last week. I havent been getting near enough rest with the kids this week.

Wow, a 41 mile week will really take it out of you. (I'm referring to us mere mortals, Nick :D)

That is VERY cool. We stayed in a little town called Hermanus in South Africa in 2010 which is the #1 whale watching town in the world. From our balcony on the cliffs we could watch dozens of whales spouting in the ocean every day. We were told each one was the size of 13 elephants put together! Very cool.

As for me, 4 mile speed workout this morning. Increasing pace for decreasing distances. Very hard but was proud of myself for sticking with it. Lots going on this weekend so I won't be running again until Monday. Have a nice weekend everyone. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom