What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
5.12 miles today on lunch. The temps got up to 58 and sunny... it was actually hot for a minute there. A little speed work too.

7:40
7:25
9:10
7:35

Have a great day everyone.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20.59 miles this morning. Super cold on the way out, but warmed up, too much, on the return.

I lost count of how many people almost ran me over today because of texting, putting on make-up, or just not paying attention. One lady almost got my size 8.5 Hoka indented into the back of her giant moose SUV. There's no middle-digit emoticon either???

Aloha folks.

JillC LI

Running with dogs? Or encountering dogs while running? My choc lab has shiny object syndrome so I don't think I've been able to get in more than 1/4 mi with her before I suddenly get stopped by a 70 lb dead weight that wants to smell a leaf. Luckily we know most of the dogs on my routes so I have never been chased by random dogs, but I can definitely see that being a major issue in some places.

No, no, I didn't mean to imply that you shouldn't run with your dog. I'd love to have a dog of my own to run with (so would our whole family if we could figure out who would take care of it during the day, but I digress). Of course like you, I would also use a proper leash.

:eek: Dammit Jill, how did you remember that?!?

I've got a mind like a steel trap! :D I also remember you're behind in your viewing so I won't tell you all the cool stuff that is happening at the moment. :)

GoofyRacer11

Ran 6 miles today on the treadmill today. I'm
running about an 8:00/per mile pace for now until
I start doing races in April. Legs are still feeling good
after doing the goofy challenge two weeks ago. Now its
time for me to start making my chili for the Relay For Life
Chili cook-off tomorrow morning. Hope everyone is doing
well!

joel_maxwell

Schedule called for 20 this morning... but I felt ambicious even though my 8 month old was up 3 times, my 3 year old was up once and my dog needed a restroom break at midnight, :mad:, so I did 21.

Ended mile 21 by cranking up the pace about a 1:30 faster than my average pace to a 7:45 pace. Take that fatigue!

Super cloudy and light rain at times made the sun not appear till later than usual. Left at 5:15 and LOVED it. So peaceful!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Schedule called for 20 this morning... but I felt ambicious even though my 8 month old was up 3 times, my 3 year old was up once and my dog needed a restroom break at midnight, :mad:, so I did 21.

Ended mile 21 by cranking up the pace about a 1:30 faster than my average pace to a 7:45 pace. Take that fatigue!

Super cloudy and light rain at times made the sun not appear till later than usual. Left at 5:15 and LOVED it. So peaceful!

Very nice work Joel! Extra points for doing that after a rough night!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer

Very nice buddy. As I said in our conversation this morning, I switched my rest day, so 30 miles tomorrow for me. Testing some new/customized gear for the next couple of days as well. I'll post my findings after my runs.

30 miles tomorrow morning.
40 miles on Monday keeping a slow 10:00 min pace.
20+ everyday after that, still keeping that slow ultra pace.

Aloha folks!

joel_maxwell

Very nice work Joel! Extra points for doing that after a rough night!
Thanks Steve. Im actually proud of being extremely dedicated (99.99% due to stubbornness) through the year with an infant and 3 year old. The other .01% is that I know Nick would rag me to dead if I let myself slip and get lazy. :D That child wont sleep for nothing. Just like her older sister was. If she is following her path, only about another year or so of this. LOL

Very nice buddy. As I said in our conversation this morning, I switched my rest day, so 30 miles tomorrow for me. Testing some new/customized gear for the next couple of days as well. I'll post my findings after my runs.

30 miles tomorrow morning.
40 miles on Monday keeping a slow 10:00 min pace.
20+ everyday after that, still keeping that slow ultra pace.

Aloha folks!
Cant wait to get the text when you get home. Didnt get the email of your gear though... please send. Good luck on the run and new gear!

Texas84

6 miles today. I over-dressed for 56F and 99% humidity because it was so damp. Got a bit over-heated. Upper back was killing me. Feels like being stabbed with a knife, not that I would know what that actually feels like. But I think it made me faster. I would have easily beat my best 10K time.

Decided to do a double-dose of the Galloway Half plan for the DL half. That Coast to Coast medal will be mine this year!

joel_maxwell

6 miles today. I over-dressed for 56F and 99% humidity because it was so damp. Got a bit over-heated. Upper back was killing me. Feels like being stabbed with a knife, not that I would know what that actually feels like. But I think it made me faster. I would have easily beat my best 10K time.

Decided to do a double-dose of the Galloway Half plan for the DL half. That Coast to Coast medal will be mine this year!
There you go! Good luck, stay healthy.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Started P90X2 today.

First up was X2 Core. It wasn't tough, but it definitely wore me out. I could do the first few reps of everything without losing form, but then I quickly started falling apart. The challenge is to get to the end of each set doing it correctly.

I'm hoping this sets a good standard for the new P90X. It seems more stamina/core based, which will be helpful for running.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Started P90X2 today.

First up was X2 Core. It wasn't tough, but it definitely wore me out. I could do the first few reps of everything without losing form, but then I quickly started falling apart. The challenge is to get to the end of each set doing it correctly.

I'm hoping this sets a good standard for the new P90X. It seems more stamina/core based, which will be helpful for running.

I need to do this.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Two 30 milers, back to back, at 10:00 min pace. I just got The Stick roller from Road Runner Sports over the weekend - how did I ever run without this?!? My legs feel fresh every morning, I love it!

I've also been working on modifying my Garmin 305 in order to get more battery life, and I came up with a pretty simple set-up to get me about 40 hours worth of juice. My 305 dies just around 50 miles, so it's no good to me on the 100 milers. So, with the docking cradle attached to the 305, an expander strap (going through both units which also keeps them locked), a AA battery pocket charger, and a tennis-elbow pressure strap, I rigged a set-up which keeps my 305 charging after its internal battery gets low. After I plug in, I get another 20 hours worth of juice. Two AAs will get me through my 100 miler in March, and I'll just have to replace batteries a couple of times at my 200 miler next May. Weight really isn't an issue and the whole set-up cost me just about $40 bucks, compared to $700 for Suunto's new ultra AMBIG which is awsome, but I'm not dropping that much cash on that. :hammer:

Aloha folks!

joel_maxwell

Two 30 milers, back to back, at 10:00 min pace. I just got The Stick roller from Road Runner Sports over the weekend - how did I ever run without this?!? My legs feel fresh every morning, I love it!

I've also been working on modifying my Garmin 305 in order to get more battery life, and I came up with a pretty simple set-up to get me about 40 hours worth of juice. My 305 dies just around 50 miles, so it's no good to me on the 100 milers. So, with the docking cradle attached to the 305, an expander strap (going through both units which also keeps them locked), a AA battery pocket charger, and a tennis-elbow pressure strap, I rigged a set-up which keeps my 305 charging after its internal battery gets low. After I plug in, I get another 20 hours worth of juice. Two AAs will get me through my 100 miler in March, and I'll just have to replace batteries a couple of times at my 200 miler next May. Weight really isn't an issue and the whole set-up cost me just about $40 bucks, compared to $700 for Suunto's new ultra AMBIG which is awsome, but I'm not dropping that much cash on that. :hammer:

Aloha folks!
I love mine. I feel guilty if I dont use it for my legs. :lol:

Awesome sounding rig.Nice work problem solving.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Started P90X2 today.

Phase 1 is like you say, all core. Every day is a total body workout. Phase 2 seems to get more specific. I'm on week 5 of phase 1.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
...and I much prefer x2 abripper, the pacing and moves are better.

Good...There was always a part in the first AbRipper I had to push myself past, knowing that it got easier as it went on.

I did P90X2 Plyocide today. This program is defeinitely more trained for the endurance athlete. Again, the moves aren't hard, but you have to push through the mental wall to make your legs keep moving because you are s__________g wind hard toward the end of each set.

JillC LI

Nice! Very nice!

Aloha folks!

Ingenious! Necessity is the mother of invention as they say.

As for me, it snowed over the weekend by me - not alot but enough to cover the ground in a solid slick coat of ice Sunday morning so I did 6 miles on the TM. Last night I did another 4. The ice has melted though so I plan to do 7 tomorrow outdoors in this gorgeous 40 degree winter weather.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom