What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Quote of the Day for Nick: "If you start to feel good during an ultra, don't' worry you will get over it." - Gene Thibeault

:D

:lol: I have that one written on an index card (with many others) that I keep in my hydro pack and vest.

Here's another version: "If you don't feel like s__t, then you're doing it wrong.":D

dreamfinder

Kicking back a Kona Brewing Pipeline Porter, just like the ones they serve at the Barefeet Bar at the Poly. Nothing beats going down the slide at the Volcano pool with a few brews in ya!

Aloha folks!

Really? They sell a reasonable beer on property outside of a signature restaurant? Admittedly AB distributes it, but I have always been extremely disappointed with the beer choices on property.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Really? They sell a reasonable beer on property outside of a signature restaurant? Admittedly AB distributes it, but I have always been extremely disappointed with the beer choices on property.

Yupper. The Barefeet Bar has three of them: The Pipline Porter, LongBoard Lager, and their Pale Ale. I like that they pour the whole thing in a plastic cup, to where it is almost overflowing, while trying to balance my wife's drink, dodging little kids running around, and other runner's stopping me and asking me about my gear...yeah, they recognize me and stop me even after the races...

Anyway, that's the only good beer I've found besides the ones at Via Napoli, Epcot. Otherwise I just order wine.

JillC LI

A personal cold temp record run

Sorry I've been out of touch all weekend. My husband officially thinks I have lost my mind, but I am stupid enough to be proud that I ran 8 miles this weekend in 15 degree weather that was 0 degrees with the wind chill. Ordinarily I'd switch to the treadmill, but I just didn't want to. I was properly dressed with one exception - my face. I'm not used to covering my face when I run, and when I was running into the wind, my face actually felt like it was being stabbed with little needles. Fortunately, my route was like a figure 8 so I didn't face any one direction too long. My hands were frozen for about the first mile and then warmed up. All in all, not a bad run! LOL. But my hubby has been telling everyone since then that I'm a crazy idiot. He's probably right. :D

Yesterday I did my 5 miles on the treadmill though. :)

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Another 20.12 miles this morning. Much warmer than yesterday, but the wind was a little more harsh.

I'll be sticking to my 20+ milers Monday-Friday, with a 25-35 miler on Saturdays, and rest on Sunday, until the my ultra in March. I'll certainly back off and do alot of walking the week or two before the race.

Pipeline Porter and a Fire Rock pale ale now.

Aloha folks!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Sorry I've been out of touch all weekend. My husband officially thinks I have lost my mind, but I am stupid enough to be proud that I ran 8 miles this weekend in 15 degree weather that was 0 degrees with the wind chill. Ordinarily I'd switch to the treadmill, but I just didn't want to. I was properly dressed with one exception - my face. I'm not used to covering my face when I run, and when I was running into the wind, my face actually felt like it was being stabbed with little needles. Fortunately, my route was like a figure 8 so I didn't face any one direction too long. My hands were frozen for about the first mile and then warmed up. All in all, not a bad run! LOL. But my hubby has been telling everyone since then that I'm a crazy idiot. He's probably right. :D

Yesterday I did my 5 miles on the treadmill though. :)
I.AM.SO.PROUD.OF.YOU! Way to go. You didnt go inside to the treadmill and you probably did look like an idiot... "Welcome" to the club. :lol:

Very Nice! I bet it was a little liberating wasnt it. Well, after your brain thawed.

joel_maxwell

10.25 miles this am. 34 felt like 26. Loved the temp and the run was nice. I loved also that I got a text from Nick while I was gone and upon my arriving home, it was waiting on me. "Hope you had a good run"

It was a nice gesture.

I did have another run in with a flexi dog walker. Im starting to lose my patience.

JillC LI

I.AM.SO.PROUD.OF.YOU! Way to go. You didnt go inside to the treadmill and you probably did look like an idiot... "Welcome" to the club. :lol:

Very Nice! I bet it was a little liberating wasnt it. Well, after your brain thawed.

Thanks Joel, and yes it was liberating, although my son seems to have the wrong take-away from it ("If Mommy can run in zero degree weather, I can play on my scooter in 20 degree weather" ----in shorts! NOT!)

10.25 miles this am. 34 felt like 26. Loved the temp and the run was nice. I loved also that I got a text from Nick while I was gone and upon my arriving home, it was waiting on me. "Hope you had a good run"

It was a nice gesture.

I did have another run in with a flexi dog walker. Im starting to lose my patience.

Dogs while running are the worst. Good luck with that. Cool that you and Nick are text-buddies now :)

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer

It was a nice gesture.

No problem! I know it is uncharacteristic of my usual cynical-angry self :D

Texting and running at the same time is hard! But, it's good practice for the ultra, when I need stuff from my crew at drop stations that's not been planned; extra electrolytes, food, bandages, socks, etc...
BTW, my crew consists of my wife and her cousin, nothing elite, but they know me, my equipment, dietary needs, caloric consumption, and the parts of my body that need Tiger Balm or massages :D

joel_maxwell

No problem! I know it is uncharacteristic of my usual cynical-angry self :D

Texting and running at the same time is hard! But, it's good practice for the ultra, when I need stuff from my crew at drop stations that's not been planned; extra electrolytes, food, bandages, socks, etc...
BTW, my crew consists of my wife and her cousin, nothing elite, but they know me, my equipment, dietary needs, caloric consumption, and the parts of my body that need Tiger Balm or massages :D
Oh come on... I know there is a sensitive, sweet and snuggle up to a teddy bear guy inside you... and i think we see him occasionally. :lol:

At least there wasnt a gun with one bullet in that list of items that you requested from your crew.

joel_maxwell

Thanks Joel, and yes it was liberating, although my son seems to have the wrong take-away from it ("If Mommy can run in zero degree weather, I can play on my scooter in 20 degree weather" ----in shorts! NOT!)

Dogs while running are the worst. Good luck with that. Cool that you and Nick are text-buddies now :)
:lol: something about kids and not getting cold. Swimming pools that I wont get in that are too cold are always filled with kids.

I just get very upset with people in general that are oblivious to their surroundings and have a complete disregard for others around them. It covers all things. Dog walking just so happens to be in the fore front 4 mornings a week.

Texas84

I wimped out and did treadmill this AM. We had heavy rain last night and I'm afraid of slipping on all the leaves. But I'm officially back on my routine.

dreamfinder

Running with dogs? Or encountering dogs while running? My choc lab has shiny object syndrome so I don't think I've been able to get in more than 1/4 mi with her before I suddenly get stopped by a 70 lb dead weight that wants to smell a leaf. Luckily we know most of the dogs on my routes so I have never been chased by random dogs, but I can definitely see that being a major issue in some places.

Back on topic, did a measly 2.5 mi today at the gym, taking it easy on my knee after the marathon, slowly adding the miles back.

joel_maxwell

Hey, anyone who watches General Hospital from time to time can't be all tough guy :animwink:
:eek:

*has whole new view of Nick*

All that black is a facade! He's a softy! :D

Running with dogs? Or encountering dogs while running? My choc lab has shiny object syndrome so I don't think I've been able to get in more than 1/4 mi with her before I suddenly get stopped by a 70 lb dead weight that wants to smell a leaf. Luckily we know most of the dogs on my routes so I have never been chased by random dogs, but I can definitely see that being a major issue in some places.

Back on topic, did a measly 2.5 mi today at the gym, taking it easy on my knee after the marathon, slowly adding the miles back.
The trail I come too around mile 6 or 7 is about 4 feet wide cement path. That one creates a whole new anxiety of others walking dogs.

EDIT: Also, I had previously owned a Academy sports brand "Ironman" water belt. After 2 years, it was shot. I broke down and bought a Nathan Trail 2 pod belt. HOLY COW! It is awesome. I actually cant feel the pods on my waist like i could the others. I actually forget they are there... even when 100% full of fluid. I cant believe I didnt do this sooner. Very satisfied is an under statement.

Mine main grip is when people walk dogs with flexi's and they are one one side of the street and they have no regard for me on the other edge of the street. I might not find it all that cute that your dog is choking itself to get over and get a piece of me (friendly or not friendly). I LOVE dogs, just not when Im in the middle of a run, in my little world.... minding my own zen.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Mine main grip is when people walk dogs with flexi's and they are one one side of the street and they have no regard for me on the other edge of the street. I might not find it all that cute that your dog is choking itself to get over and get a piece of me (friendly or not friendly). I LOVE dogs, just not when Im in the middle of a run, in my little world.... minding my own zen.

I've been having trouble with dogs that aren't on leashes. They are sweet and friendly but they want to run with me which is most often in the opposite direction of their owner. It really messes up my pace! I have to stop and then run back in an attempt to reunite the dog and owner. Its so annoying! The flexi leashes are horrible too.

Phonedave

I've been having trouble with dogs that aren't on leashes. They are sweet and friendly but they want to run with me which is most often in the opposite direction of their owner. It really messes up my pace! I have to stop and then run back in an attempt to reunite the dog and owner. Its so annoying! The flexi leashes are horrible too.

I have taken to NOT doing that. I happily run along with the dog next to me, while the owner yells and tries to run after. Do the signs that say "all dogs must be on a leash" not apply to them somehow?

-dave

joel_maxwell

You are nicer than I am... :lol: Im like Dave, I just keep running with the exception that the dog is trying to eat my face off.

I have taken to NOT doing that. I happily run along with the dog next to me, while the owner yells and tries to run after. Do the signs that say "all dogs must be on a leash" not apply to them somehow?

-dave
I did this once to a really nice Lab. I would say he was more following my direction and not me, but it was in the opposite direction than his master. The master actually quit yelling at the dog and started yelling at me.

I had a pack of feral dogs follow me. That was a big scary... but I think they were more interested in what i was doing then trying to attack me. I wasnt in the best part of town... or I was mad at myself, not the dogs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom