What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
9 Miles on lunch today. It started raining at mile 6... oy! I didnt prepare my chest for the wet shirt. I have some pain about right now.

JillC LI

First speedrun in a long time this morning. Reps of 1/2 mile at 8:30 min by 1/4 mile at 10 min. After 3 weeks of no speed work and being sick, it felt really hard, but I stuck with it.

joel_maxwell

First speedrun in a long time this morning. Reps of 1/2 mile at 8:30 min by 1/4 mile at 10 min. After 3 weeks of no speed work and being sick, it felt really hard, but I stuck with it.
As you know, you got more benefit from that then the actual work.

Nice job Jill.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
The Machine has returned home to Jersey.

I'll be posting a Goofy Challenge/Vacation Trip report in a day or so once I can get all my pics organized. Until then, back to ultra training, and 20+ miles tomorrow morning.

Aloha folks!

JillC LI

5 miles today. It is a fall back weekend with a 14 mile Saturday. Already getting mentally geared up for 20 next Saturday. :D

Isn't it funny when 14 is a "fall-back" weekend?! When's your next race?

The Machine has returned home to Jersey.

I'll be posting a Goofy Challenge/Vacation Trip report in a day or so once I can get all my pics organized. Until then, back to ultra training, and 20+ miles tomorrow morning.

Aloha folks!

Looking forward to the report. Welcome back to the cold. :( I'm not looking forward to doing my 8 miler this weekend in sub 20 degree weather on Long Island. I keep reminding myself that it's only the first mile that sucks until I warm up, but it sure was nice running on a cruise ship! :D

joel_maxwell

Isn't it funny when 14 is a "fall-back" weekend?! When's your next race?:D
I just laugh. 2 years ago I never would have thought it. Last year I thought I was strong... but this year I feel double strong. Just awesome.

Birmingham Mercedes full on feb 12th
Nashville's Country music full on April 28th

Last year I got injured this week in preps for the Mercedes full and had to do that half after sitting for 2 weeks and missing my big 20 miler. I stayed healthy and did the full in Nashville... but it was hot and humid the second half of it. I cramped up for the last 10 miles.

SO, I want the feb race to go well since it will be cold and no southern summer weather. I want sub 4 hour full!!!!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20.12 miles (that number was by accident) yesterday in 24-50 mph winds.

Legs were a bit tight but it was an okay run.

Runinng in a few after I finish some cereal and then take tomorrow off.

Monday starts back up my ultra training.

Aloha folks!

joel_maxwell

20.12 miles (that number was by accident) yesterday in 24-50 mph winds.

Legs were a bit tight but it was an okay run.

Runinng in a few after I finish some cereal and then take tomorrow off.

Monday starts back up my ultra training.

Aloha folks!
:lol: Nice wind chill :rolleyes:

Way to gut it out though!

joel_maxwell

14.25 miles this am. My fingers were frozen after the first 3 miles and didnt get feeling back until mile 13 when the sun was up enough. My Nike gloves met their match... 25 degree weather this am.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20.25 miles this morning in 18 degree temps.

Two okay running days. Monday, I'll get back to serious ultra training.

Tomorrow will be a good rest day with stretching and foam rolling!

Aloha folks! (yeah, my mind is still at the Poly! Oh yeah, Disney's Aulani next year for our anniversary vacation, and running the HURT 100 ultra trail. Wish I was running the actual race, but we won't be there during that time.)

Texas84

7 miles this AM. First run since the marathon. A bit warmer than Birmingham, 36F at start. Legs and knees were fantastic but my upper left back around the shoulder blades was absolutely killing me. I think I pinched a nerve sleeping. Countdown to the Disneyland Half is on!

joel_maxwell

Thanks bro. I've learned to shut off my anger switch when the wind kicks up. I'll take any weather condition, but wind just p---es me off, but it's great training.
I just try and laugh.... after my initial reaction of "Really, its 22 degrees outside and we have to have a gust of 20mph wind. Really?"

7 miles this AM. First run since the marathon. A bit warmer than Birmingham, 36F at start. Legs and knees were fantastic but my upper left back around the shoulder blades was absolutely killing me. I think I pinched a nerve sleeping. Countdown to the Disneyland Half is on!
Good luck!

Well, the cold didnt last long. It will be in the 60's this week. I want my 30's back!

joel_maxwell

5 miles on lunch. Easy breezy.

Oh, Nick, I forgot to mention that on my Saturday run, I almost got attacked my a 60-70 pound rottweiler mix dog. Its owner thought it would be a good idea to walk it on one of those flexi leashes. The cord snapped in two when he charged. I stopped and just kept dodging his attempt to bite me.... I was in a bit of shock so I didnt go postal on the owner, but if it happens again, I might have to kick his _____! Do we think a dog that size should be walked on a leash that should walk a 8 pound Chihuahua. I dont think so.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
5 miles on lunch. Easy breezy.

Oh, Nick, I forgot to mention that on my Saturday run, I almost got attacked my a 60-70 pound rottweiler mix dog. Its owner thought it would be a good idea to walk it on one of those flexi leashes. The cord snapped in two when he charged. I stopped and just kept dodging his attempt to bite me.... I was in a bit of shock so I didnt go postal on the owner, but if it happens again, I might have to kick his _____! Do we think a dog that size should be walked on a leash that should walk a 8 pound Chihuahua. I dont think so.

Dude, that's no joke. I would have gone ape s__t on the owner. Being charged by a huge dog (even the little rat dogs) is scary. I had a German Shepard get spooked by my foot scuffing some gravel and it charged me...oh come on, there's no emoticon for losing bowel control??? Well, I was pretty scared :lookaroun

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20.12 miles this morning in 12 degree temps. It was so cold and dry that my nose started bleeding, and the nozzles to my waterbottles and reserve hose froze up.

Kicking back a Kona Brewing Pipeline Porter, just like the ones they serve at the Barefeet Bar at the Poly. Nothing beats going down the slide at the Volcano pool with a few brews in ya!

Aloha folks!

joel_maxwell

Dude, that's no joke. I would have gone ape s__t on the owner. Being charged by a huge dog (even the little rat dogs) is scary. I had a German Shepard get spooked by my foot scuffing some gravel and it charged me...oh come on, there's no emoticon for losing bowel control??? Well, I was pretty scared :lookaroun
:lol:

JimboJones123

20.25 miles this morning in 18 degree temps.

Two okay running days. Monday, I'll get back to serious ultra training.

Tomorrow will be a good rest day with stretching and foam rolling!

Aloha folks! (yeah, my mind is still at the Poly! Oh yeah, Disney's Aulani next year for our anniversary vacation, and running the HURT 100 ultra trail. Wish I was running the actual race, but we won't be there during that time.)

Donald, is there a place I can steal a wallpaper size copy of your profile picture?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom