What did you do?

JillC LI

I use the Stingers as well.

That ultra marathoner I was talking to said for ultras, her nutrition item of choice is mashed potatoes. Lots and lots of mashed potatoes.

Maybe I could put them in a squeeze tube and market them.

Dave's Powerful Potato Paste

-dave

First... that is gross. I cant imagine eating mashed potatoes during a run.

Second, I would buy that but I wouldnt eat during a run. :D

I think it's a great idea! I hated every gel I tried but forced myself to consume the chocolate ones when I had to. I would have rather eaten mashed potatoes! LOL

Just wanted to re-post this in case it's of interest to anyone who might not have seen it under a less-visited thread: I just got this amazing metal medal hanger that says "I did it!" and shows a runner. I hung it in my bedroom and put all my medals on it. Here's an example of another one they sell:
http://www.amazon.com/RACE-BLING-Med...ef=pd_sim_sg_3

Anyway, tomorrow I'm off on my cruise. I plan to do 8 miles in the morning before leaving for the airport.
Happy trails, happy holidays and happy New Year everyone! :wave:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I think it's a great idea! I hated every gel I tried but forced myself to consume the chocolate ones when I had to. I would have rather eaten mashed potatoes! LOL

Just wanted to re-post this in case it's of interest to anyone who might not have seen it under a less-visited thread: I just got this amazing metal medal hanger that says "I did it!" and shows a runner. I hung it in my bedroom and put all my medals on it. Here's an example of another one they sell:
http://www.amazon.com/RACE-BLING-Med...ef=pd_sim_sg_3

Anyway, tomorrow I'm off on my cruise. I plan to do 8 miles in the morning before leaving for the airport.
Happy trails, happy holidays and happy New Year everyone! :wave:
Hey Jill, the link gets a 404 message. Dang.

Have a GREAT trip. Are you going to run any on the ship?

Phonedave

Soooo, can I ask the question that hasnt been asked, but over that distance, does the food you are taking in ever reach the bowels or is it almost all used up. I would just think that after a certain distance and that kind of food, hitting a porto-potty would come into play at some point. :lookaroun

According to her, yes you do have to go to the bathroom, you just make sure you do it before you REALLY have to. Plan ahead in essence.

Most Ultras are a loop or an out and back, so you run past an aid point every so many miles. That's where you plan out your bathroom stops (and I guess store your mashed potatoes)

-dave

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Soooo, can I ask the question that hasnt been asked, but over that distance, does the food you are taking in ever reach the bowels or is it almost all used up. I would just think that after a certain distance and that kind of food, hitting a porto-potty would come into play at some point. :lookaroun

Yeah Joel, I hit the bathrooms ALOT during 30-50 milers. My stomach empties at mile 40...EVERY time.

Texas84

Everyone must be on the road for Christmas! :xmas:

7.7 miles this AM on a bum right knee. No pain really, just felt weak. But it held up and I finished ahead of my normal 10K pace. Perfect weather. Sunny and 40's.

Heading to Mom & Dad's now for Christmas Eve.

Happy Holidays! :wave:

joel_maxwell

According to her, yes you do have to go to the bathroom, you just make sure you do it before you REALLY have to. Plan ahead in essence.

Most Ultras are a loop or an out and back, so you run past an aid point every so many miles. That's where you plan out your bathroom stops (and I guess store your mashed potatoes)

-dave
Luckily, I have not had to make a pit stop on any run in 2+ years. *fingers crossed*

Yeah Joel, I hit the bathrooms ALOT during 30-50 milers. My stomach empties at mile 40...EVERY time.
Good to know. So if I see you and ask, "Hey Nick, what mile are we on?" and you say 39.95.... I know not to stop and chat.

Ah. Nice. I might have to get something like that one day.

Just under 30 miles this morning. Legs sore, drinking ABs now.

"Merry Christmas...Holy S--t!"

Cheers folks!
"Where's the Tylenol?"

joel_maxwell

16.14 miles this morning at 5:30am. We had a lot of family functions today, so I ran a little faster than I wanted to at a 9:10 pace. Oh well.

I will say that my routine was screwed up this morning with my house key and my pack. I forgot to zip the zipper. Mile 5 I was reaching for my nutrition and it fell out somewhere. DAMN! oh well, I have run hungry before. Just glad my iphone didnt fall out. I never carry it, but for some reason I did today.

Happy Holidays everyone.

joel_maxwell

Im glad to see that the boards have been dead here. That doesnt mean we havent been running, just that we have been spending time off wife the fam instead of online.

4 miles this am pushing Isabeau in the bob stroller.

8 tomorrow.

:D

MKCP 1985

:wave:

I've had to take an unexpected break from running but have some good news to share. Friday a week ago (roughly 10 days ago), I was getting out of a car and felt very light headed, like when you go from darkness into bright light. I never could get completely over that, and I ended up taking a ride in an ambulance to the county hospital.

The early diagnosis was a small stroke, and you can imagine how disappointed I was to hear that, for many reasons and the least of them being my race training! But the good news was by the next day everything seemed to be returning mostly to normal, almost like I'd had a TIA, but I continued to have double vision that lasted well into last week.

My doctors told me they expected the vision to improve gradually, and it did - probably faster than they expected. As of this morning, my vision is completely back to what it was before all of this episode occurred.

I asked my doctor at today's appointment about returning to activities of daily living, including running. He gave me no restrictions, so I am still set on green for go to run a full marathon on Disney Weekend, January 8, and I plan to make the start line, even though I have lost a good 10 days of preparation.

Texas84

I asked my doctor at today's appointment about returning to activities of daily living, including running. He gave me no restrictions, so I am still set on green for go to run a full marathon on Disney Weekend, January 8, and I plan to make the start line, even though I have lost a good 10 days of preparation.

Glad you're OK! My Dad had a bad stroke and it's taking time but he's actually getting close to his old self.

joel_maxwell

I've had to take an unexpected break from running but have some good news to share. Friday a week ago (roughly 10 days ago), I was getting out of a car and felt very light headed, like when you go from darkness into bright light. I never could get completely over that, and I ended up taking a ride in an ambulance to the county hospital.

The early diagnosis was a small stroke, and you can imagine how disappointed I was to hear that, for many reasons and the least of them being my race training! But the good news was by the next day everything seemed to be returning mostly to normal, almost like I'd had a TIA, but I continued to have double vision that lasted well into last week.

My doctors told me they expected the vision to improve gradually, and it did - probably faster than they expected. As of this morning, my vision is completely back to what it was before all of this episode occurred.

:eek:

Holy Cow Doug. Glad it didnt turn into something serious or worse. Man, I think you would agree that even with those lost 10 days, you would take them just to still be able to participate.

Keep us up to date. I bet you will do great in 2 weeks.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Glad to hear you are on the mend. Good luck with your preparation and the race!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Come back even stronger! Glad you're doing well.

joel_maxwell

5 miles of speed work today. Surprising numbers since i really wasnt trying to push this hard on the 2 slow middle miles. Must be colder weather = faster paces. :D

MKCP 1985

Thanks everyone - doctors' visits today and yesterday are unanimous that I may try whatever I feel I can endure, so the first weekend in January is a "go" for the Mississippi Blues Marathon - and check out these marathon car magnets!

404520_271349642919702_174109512643716_735824_1910732176_n.jpg

joel_maxwell

Thanks everyone - doctors' visits today and yesterday are unanimous that I may try whatever I feel I can endure, so the first weekend in January is a "go" for the Mississippi Blues Marathon - and check out these marathon car magnets!

404520_271349642919702_174109512643716_735824_1910732176_n.jpg
Excellent news!

Awesome magnets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom