What did you do?

fmingo36

30.03 miles @ 8:40-9:10 pace this morning. The best run I have had in months. Legs felt great, focus was spot on, and was able to flip the pain switch off no problem.

Fully loaded, as usual, with 25+ lbs of gear and water. 300 cals of farina pre-run and only 3 gels for the entire run.

Post-run, I scarfed down a banana, 1/3 cup of hummus, large baked potato, and a glass of juice.

Enjoying a Double B_____d Ale now...yes, they make a double: double the hops and double the alc/vol :D

Cheers folks!
Way to go Nick! Glad the runs are getting "easier". That Ultra will be here before you know it.

scorp111

5 @ 8:57 per mile this morning.

A nice end to the week before I start my next half-marathon training. The first 3 were sub 9:00, so I worked a little to keep it there.

Should have probably carried liquid if I was going to work like this, but all is good now.
Time for a shower, and to make some Chili :)

Texas84

Well, I survived the 20-miler this morning. 34F at launch and breezy. Good running weather. My right knee started acting up about mile 9 but I finished. I was limping bad and trying to overcome it wore me out. No more long runs until Marathon.

JillC LI

Great runs over the weekend everyone! To those of you entering your tapers, enjoy. I threw in an easy 4 miler on Sunday morning. Gotta be good this week since I leave on Friday for our first family cruise. I'm wearing my running shoes and packing some running clothes, but I can't promise I'll do much running on board. :D

Didn't want to do it, put it off all day, decided to do it before dark, glad I did.

Sometimes it's the knowing how glad I'll be when I've done it that is the only thing to get me out the door to begin with. As they say, I've regretted missing a run, but I've never regretted DOING a run.

Yeah, it probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, but I truly felt great and I just kept pushing. Perhaps one of my most favorite runs of all time.

Those are the best, the ones you can remember for a long time afterwards, whether because they felt so effortless or sometimes because you worked so hard but accomplished it. Glad you're feeling good.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Some numbers:

4,075+: miles since April of this year

120: miles (just under) total last week with 2 days rest

4,700: calories consumed daily (give or take 100cals) in order to fuel my training runs

123: pounds I curently weigh (5'3"...damn I'm short)

3: number of ultras I am registered for next year: 100mile, 50mile, and 50k

Cheers folks!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
5 @ 8:57 per mile this morning.

A nice end to the week before I start my next half-marathon training. The first 3 were sub 9:00, so I worked a little to keep it there.

Should have probably carried liquid if I was going to work like this, but all is good now.
Time for a shower, and to make some Chili :)
Good work. How was the Chili? :D

Great runs today Goofy, Joel, and Nick, impressive stuff!

Just a short 3 mile progressive run for me today.

9:10
8:52
8:26

Didn't want to do it, put it off all day, decided to do it before dark, glad I did.
A nice short progressive run.
Thanks. Your run looks like my typical recovery Monday run. Just a nice run and I always seem to get a little faster.

Just a simple 9 miler on the boardwalk this morning.

But it was at 6am and really very cold. Eeek.
Nice job. I really want to run on a board walk one day.

10 miles at 9:49 pace today.
Great pace Steve. On a long training run, you and I would be right close together. That puts us around a 8-8:30 minute pace over a Full. You game for Nashville? I know you have always wanted to spend $95 on registration and $2000 on a plane ticket. :lol:

joel_maxwell

4 miles on lunch. Bare. No watch.

Everything on course so far for February 13th full.

I will say that I never would have thought that I would get to a day were i could go run 15 miles, at a descent pace (per the experts recommendation) with the amount of elevation changes Im doing and have no soreness what so ever the next day and 2 days out. Besides my ITBS, which was a direct result of me not stretching it properly, Im really excited by that accomplishment. No soreness today.

fmingo36

Great job EVERYONE! I haven't been running at all (except at the toys store to beat out some other mom to get the good deals. :lol:). I plan on starting back up after the holidays. I am still going to the gym almost every day but just no running.
I was thinking back to this time last year and how hard it was to get my marathon training runs in while trying to get ready for the holidays. I really don't know how I did it. As much as I wish I was going to be part of Disney Marathon weekend in January, I'm enjoying the ability to relax a little more this holiday season.

joel_maxwell

Great job EVERYONE! I haven't been running at all (except at the toys store to beat out some other mom to get the good deals. :lol:). I plan on starting back up after the holidays. I am still going to the gym almost every day but just no running.
I was thinking back to this time last year and how hard it was to get my marathon training runs in while trying to get ready for the holidays. I really don't know how I did it. As much as I wish I was going to be part of Disney Marathon weekend in January, I'm enjoying the ability to relax a little more this holiday season.
I hear that. I just had a conversation with Sam about this. I gave her an option. My 16 miler can come on Christmas eve morning or swapped to Friday morning. I dont care... I just want it to be the most convenient for everyone.

*Please Saturday Sam. Less rain chance*

Mad Stitch

Yes, the final two weeks of training occurring during the holidays is tough. IMO, I'd rather see the event held the last weekend of January.

joel_maxwell

Yes, the final two weeks of training occurring during the holidays is tough. IMO, I'd rather see the event held the last weekend of January.
I like it because it cancels out the extra eating during the holidays. Nothing better than a 20 miler between Christmas and New Years to work off all that dressing. :lol:

JillC LI

4 miles on lunch. Bare. No watch.

Must've been chilly. :D :lol:

3.5 miles on TM this morning. Half mile intervals at 8:30 with quarter mile rest intervals at 10.

I've been able to avoid most of the holiday home-baked goods that various people have brought into my office, but the home-made baklava was my downfall today. :slurp: Sigh.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer

Thankfully my rest day falls on Christmas day!

Another 30 miler on Christmas Eve.

I just can't wait to get down to Disney and finally relax, with multiple orders of Tonga Toast! I'm going to have to run he Poly/Grand Floridian path over 20 times to keep up my daily training schedule...fun.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20.11 miles this morning at 9:30 pace.

Average training run; nothing bad but nothing great either...I'll take that any day.

Hope everyone is doing well with their training!

Cheers folks.

joel_maxwell

I just can't wait to get down to Disney and finally relax, with multiple orders of Tonga Toast! I'm going to have to run he Poly/Grand Floridian path over 20 times to keep up my daily training schedule...fun.
I git a 16 that morning. Looking forward to that, then guilty free eating and drinking!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Great pace Steve. On a long training run, you and I would be right close together. That puts us around a 8-8:30 minute pace over a Full. You game for Nashville? I know you have always wanted to spend $95 on registration and $2000 on a plane ticket. :lol:

:lol:Would love to! :wave:

fmingo36

Hopefully you're eating the tonga toast AFTER the races. I can't image that sitting in my stomach during a 13.1 or 26.2 mile run. :hurl:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom