What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Hopefully you're eating the tonga toast AFTER the races. I can't image that sitting in my stomach during a 13.1 or 26.2 mile run. :hurl:

Ha! It won't matter...we're heading down on the 5th (so it's a rest day), but I'll be running 20 miles every morning up until both races. Then we're staying for a while after the races and 20 miles every morning until we leave...it's as if Tonga never existed!!! I love eating!

And thanks for the Christmas card! I love how you addressed it...

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Must've been chilly. :D :lol:
It was a bit nipply out. :lookaroun

Ha! It won't matter...we're heading down on the 5th (so it's a rest day), but I'll be running 20 miles every morning up until both races. Then we're staying for a while after the races and 20 miles every morning until we leave...it's as if Tonga never existed!!! I love eating!

So were are you going to run in WDW. To stretch 20 across the property is easy since it is so big, but since there are no sidewalks on most major roads leaving the resorts... due tell.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
It was a bit nipply out. :lookaroun

So were are you going to run in WDW. To stretch 20 across the property is easy since it is so big, but since there are no sidewalks on most major roads leaving the resorts... due tell.

20 laps on the 1 mile path between Poly and Grand Floridian.

joel_maxwell

8 miles this am. Legs very tired for some reason so i just cruised about a 8:40 pace. I wanted to do a tempo run today, but with the weather being 65, muggy, raining and tired legs, I just happy I got out there.

Happy Wednesday

fmingo36

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20.25 miles this morning. You would think I already own a foam roller...but alas, I do not. I hope Santa brings me one because my legs are Grade A, trashed.

20.11 miles yesterday.

Cheers folks.

joel_maxwell

20.25 miles this morning. You would think I already own a foam roller...but alas, I do not. I hope Santa brings me one because my legs are Grade A, trashed.

20.11 miles yesterday.

Cheers folks.
OMG. I love mine. Great for the Achilles. Let me know if brother Nick does not receive one from Santa.

Phonedave

You got me on the Honey Stingers and that is all Ill use. Super long runs Ill use a HS and the HS brand chewies.

I use the Stingers as well.

That ultra marathoner I was talking to said for ultras, her nutrition item of choice is mashed potatoes. Lots and lots of mashed potatoes.

Maybe I could put them in a squeeze tube and market them.

Dave's Powerful Potato Paste

-dave

Phonedave

Great job EVERYONE! I haven't been running at all (except at the toys store to beat out some other mom to get the good deals. :lol:). I plan on starting back up after the holidays. I am still going to the gym almost every day but just no running.
I was thinking back to this time last year and how hard it was to get my marathon training runs in while trying to get ready for the holidays. I really don't know how I did it. As much as I wish I was going to be part of Disney Marathon weekend in January, I'm enjoying the ability to relax a little more this holiday season.

You and me both.

Looking at my schedule now, I wonder how I found the time to carve out 4 hour long runs and one 3-4 hour run per week last year. I must say though, the weather would have been better this year. Aside from Halloween, we have had no snow or bitterly cold days yet.

-dave

joel_maxwell

That ultra marathoner I was talking to said for ultras, her nutrition item of choice is mashed potatoes. Lots and lots of mashed potatoes.

-dave
First... that is gross. I cant imagine eating mashed potatoes during a run.

Second, I would buy that but I wouldnt eat during a run. :D

Phonedave

First... that is gross. I cant imagine eating mashed potatoes during a run.

Second, I would buy that but I wouldnt eat during a run. :D

I wouldn't eat potatoes for a "short" run, but she was saying that during ultras - long ultras - 100+ milers, that you really cannot subsist on gels and shots - it just doesn't work.

She says the potatoes go down easy, don't upset your stomach, digest easily, provide energy quickly but last as well. She is also a fan of peanut butter sandwitches.

-dave

joel_maxwell

I wouldn't eat potatoes for a "short" run, but she was saying that during ultras - long ultras - 100+ milers, that you really cannot subsist on gels and shots - it just doesn't work.

She says the potatoes go down easy, don't upset your stomach, digest easily, provide energy quickly but last as well. She is also a fan of peanut butter sandwitches.

-dave
Ahhhh, I see and agree. Over 100, you have to have something with major substance. She is the expert after all.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer

-dave

I've eaten baked potatoes (cold of course) on my long training runs ; 30-50 milers. I just keep them in my pack wrapped in foil. Also on long training runs:
Peanut butter sandwiches, M&Ms, pretzels, etc...an ultra is just an eating contest with some excercise thrown in!
Although, I'm keeping it simple for my 100: two flavors of gels, succeed caps, M&Ms, and pretzels. I'm fortunate enough to be able to eat and run at the same time wihout feeling like s--t.

joel_maxwell

I've eaten baked potatoes (cold of course) on my long training runs ; 30-50 milers. I just keep them in my pack wrapped in foil. Also on long training runs:
Peanut butter sandwiches, M&Ms, pretzels, etc...an ultra is just an eating contest with some excercise thrown in!
Although, I'm keeping it simple for my 100: two flavors of gels, succeed caps, M&Ms, and pretzels. I'm fortunate enough to be able to eat and run at the same time wihout feeling like s--t.
Soooo, can I ask the question that hasnt been asked, but over that distance, does the food you are taking in ever reach the bowels or is it almost all used up. I would just think that after a certain distance and that kind of food, hitting a porto-potty would come into play at some point. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom