What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Today was the 1st ever (and maybe the last :lol:) Eeyore's B-Day 1/2 marathon. I turned 35 today so to celebrate Steve and I ran our very own half with an average pace of 9:46. Its the only half that I'll ever come in second place. :lol: I couldn't even run 1 mile when I was 25.
Congrats on winning your age division! That is awesome. ;) Something I have never come close to doing myself.

Happy Birthday too!

JillC LI

Today was the 1st ever (and maybe the last :lol:) Eeyore's B-Day 1/2 marathon. I turned 35 today so to celebrate Steve and I ran our very own half with an average pace of 9:46. Its the only half that I'll ever come in second place. :lol: I couldn't even run 1 mile when I was 25.

Happy Birthday! It took me a moment to put it together about what the "Eeyore's B-Day 1/2 marathon" was. I thought it was some Disney event I hadn't heard of! LOL. Isn't it cool to feel like you're in better shape as you age, unlike most of the rest of the population! I'm definitely stronger and healthier at age 43 than I was at 23. I don't look much different, but cardiovascularly and muscularly, I am definitely in better shape. Congratulations on your birthday win. :)

MKCP 1985

Congrats, and that is a very good pace! :king: Eeyore's B-Day 1/2 Marathon? Sounds like a wdwmagic sponsorship should be in order. Let us know if any help is needed in designing the finisher medal. ;)

scorp111

Great birthday present to yourself! Congrats!

I still havent ran since Saturday, but mostly due to rain and work. My legs are actually pretty much ready to go. Some easy miles for this week and next, and then 12/17 I will start my 12 week stuff for my next half which will be in March. I am going to see if I can't shave some lbs and some time, both of which are needed :)

joel_maxwell

My wife is hard core now. Birthday wish was to do a half marathon. I'm very proud of her!
:lol: That is awesome. Good for her. I recall last bday (Jan 1), my sister wanted my family to come over for BBQ. I told her that I wanted to go run 20 miles first... so we would be over after that. I high-five Eeyore!

I'l be adding to my inks after the ultra...
I need to get back under the needle again.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Mon - 20.13mi
Tue - 20.25mi

Today (Wed) - 20.33 miles, leaving my warm bed at 4am, pitch black (love using the headlamp!), cold downpours the entire run, sloshing through puddles and mud, shoes filled with water and sand, completely drenched and alone, hands frozen, 25+ pounds of gear...and loving every second of it! As I posted on FB (for those of you who follow):

"If it's not painful, then make it so."

These are the beater training runs that I love the best; everything working against you, but you fight through until the end.

ANd when I got home, I had to cut off a toenail (which I've already lost 4 times) with a Swiss Army knife in order to cut into my toe and puncture a deep-set blister :D

Cheers folks!

joel_maxwell

Mon - 20.13mi
Tue - 20.25mi

Today (Wed) - 20.33 miles, leaving my warm bed at 4am, pitch black (love using the headlamp!), cold downpours the entire run, sloshing through puddles and mud, shoes filled with water and sand, completely drenched and alone, hands frozen, 25+ pounds of gear...and loving every second of it! As I posted on FB (for those of you who follow):

"If it's not painful, then make it so."

These are the beater training runs that I love the best; everything working against you, but you fight through until the end.

ANd when I got home, I had to cut off a toenail (which I've already lost 4 times) with a Swiss Army knife in order to cut into my toe and puncture a deep-set blister :D

Cheers folks!
Me too. I know we both like to run solo, but I think we would make great running partners.

40 degrees with a wind chill of 31 today on a 7 miler, misting most of the run with occasional rain and about 3 minutes of sleet. Powered through of course. I love Mother Nature trying to throw me a curve ball.

joel_maxwell

Speaking of my cold run, just got home and loaded my Garmin. I set out to do a tempo run, but ended up just keeping a descent pace overall.

8:42
8:18
8:25
8:28
8:26
8:19
8:28

JillC LI

In order to be a long distance runner, I think you have to put yourself through some really harsh conditions in training so that you can remind yourself when the going gets tough on race day of all the amazing things you've conquered and what you are capable of if you stick it out. When I was nearing the end of the marathon, I remember thinking back on a 13 mile training run I had done in 90+ degree 90% humidity weather where I truly thought I was going to pass out at some points but I forced myself to schlug along and finish. That helped me when I felt like I had nothing left in the race.

It's all relative, but I'm sure your run today, Nick, will serve you well on that 100 miler.

JillC LI

Oh yeah, forgot to put in my last post, 4 miles on TM this morning: reps of 1/4 mile at 8:23 min by 1.5 minutes slow.
:wave:

JillC LI

So I was sent a somewhat lewd running joke by email which really made me chuckle but I don't think it's appropriate to post. :D If anyone over 18 wants a little running humor, PM me.

On another note, this afternoon I will run 7 miles and hopefully my 10 year old daughter will accompany me on her bicycle.

dreamfinder

Kinda worried about my knee. Gone from a little pain after long runs to hurting even while just walking or driving. Been taking it easy, but it's killing my last few weeks of training prior to Goofy.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Goofy Challenge bib#: 20796
Just got my race waiver now and I hope I get corral A again like I did in January.

20.13 miles this morning.
Starting to get back-up and replacement gear for the ultra. I destroy my gear after a few months!

Cheers folks!

MKCP 1985

5K race this morning - 40 degrees and many elevation changes. Chilly and hilly! :D

26.35 finish time was good for 19th place overall. That was, I believe, my first ever top 20 finish, my fastest 5K run ever, and it was the very last race I will run before turning another year older. :lookaroun

Too short of a race to be of much help in marathon training, but it was good to breathe that frigid air and experience those hill climbs. All good in getting ready for the 2012 race schedule. :)

edit: Personal record! Woot! I had to go back and check to confirm. That's a nice "almost my birthday" present! :D

JillC LI

Kinda worried about my knee. Gone from a little pain after long runs to hurting even while just walking or driving. Been taking it easy, but it's killing my last few weeks of training prior to Goofy.

Have you been doing RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation)? Maybe that will help a bit. I hope so.

As for me, 7 miles yesterday on a very full stomach after a too big lunch but I finished.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom