What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I have been out of the loop for a bit here. Holidays, buying a house, and other assorted fun has put the kibosh on running for a bit.

However I did find the time to open up the box that came from USA Track and Field with my 2011 Gold Phidippides Award in it.

For those who care - http://www.usatf.org/groups/MastersLDR/Awards_Rankings/PhidippidesAward/AwardWinners/2011.asp

(Dave Dolch, NJ)

On tap for today - we have been threatened by my Tae Kwon Do instructior to prepare for sparring sessions that are going to work off any Thanksgiving pounds we may have gained. :D

-dave
Nice Job Dave Dolch! HAHA... so the last name is revealed... and I always thought it was Dave. :D

Phonedave

Nice Job Dave Dolch! HAHA... so the last name is revealed... and I always thought it was Dave. :D

Thanks - it was suprisingly difficult to get that many races. Keep in mind, most races are early morning, so unless they are within an hours drive, they start to become a real PIA to get to.

Seeing as I posted a link to Facebook a while back for friend requests, anybody who wanted to know my name could have done so.

I also put "-dave" at the end of most posts :D

-dave

joel_maxwell

Thanks - it was suprisingly difficult to get that many races. Keep in mind, most races are early morning, so unless they are within an hours drive, they start to become a real PIA to get to.

Seeing as I posted a link to Facebook a while back for friend requests, anybody who wanted to know my name could have done so.

I also put "-dave" at the end of most posts :D

-dave
Oh I know... I was being funny. I missed the FB link. Ill have to look that up.

Again, nice job and commitment. Especially with the quantity of races.

JillC LI

New distance record: 18.5 miles. Only two more long runs until the WDW Marathon! I was done at mile 16 but I think I can do it. My home course is very hilly and I don't have theme parks to run through. :D

You definitely can. Every long training run I did, I felt "done" about 2 miles before it ended, but then when I moved up to the next distance, I was able to do the previous distance with no problem. The adrenaline of race day will keep you going.

I have been out of the loop for a bit here. Holidays, buying a house, and other assorted fun has put the kibosh on running for a bit.

However I did find the time to open up the box that came from USA Track and Field with my 2011 Gold Phidippides Award in it.

For those who care - http://www.usatf.org/groups/MastersLDR/Awards_Rankings/PhidippidesAward/AwardWinners/2011.asp

(Dave Dolch, NJ)

On tap for today - we have been threatened by my Tae Kwon Do instructior to prepare for sparring sessions that are going to work off any Thanksgiving pounds we may have gained. :D

-dave

Congratulations Dave! That's a really nice accomplishment. Is the award a medal or a certificate?

I've been out of touch for a few days as well but I have done some work to burn off those holiday pounds. 7 miles over the weekend, 5 miles yesterday. I love how my "easy" runs are so much faster than they were pre-5K training plan.

My son and I are considering doing the 10K version of our local town race next November. He's never run longer than 5K so I might actually have a chance at beating him! LOL. He doesn't care about that - he wants to do it because this year only one person ran it in the under 14 age group, and if that were the case next year, he'd be guaranteed a medal! Now that I PR'd at 5K, maybe it would be interesting to see what I could do at 10K. My current PR (on a super-hilly course) was 59:31. I'm quite certain I could beat that now without any more training so I wonder what I could do if I trained. I'm just not ready to jump back into another training plan right now so next year's race sounds enticing. I run for enjoyment, not for racing, so one race per year is enough for me.

joel_maxwell

6.19 this am. It was 34 degrees and a little windy. Once I get out there and about .5 into it (meaning my core is warm), there is no other place I'd rather be.

So thankful I can run, I have the desire to run and the spirit to get up out of a warm bed at 5am to run.

joel_maxwell

Has anyone ever run the Atlanta Marathon? Im looking to do that instead of the Nashville Country Music just to do something new.

Anyone?

Phonedave

You definitely can. Every long training run I did, I felt "done" about 2 miles before it ended, but then when I moved up to the next distance, I was able to do the previous distance with no problem. The adrenaline of race day will keep you going.

Congratulations Dave! That's a really nice accomplishment. Is the award a medal or a certificate?

It's actualy an award plaque. Not quite the size of a sheet of paper, a little smaller.

Wood, with a custome engraved metal plate on it, with a fairly heafty bas-relief medal embedded into it. It was free too.

Well you have to be a USATF member to get one, so I guess you could say the $35 membership fee is part of the cost.

It is the exact one on this page (only with my name on it :D )

http://www.usatf.org/groups/MastersLDR/Awards_Rankings/PhidippidesAward/index.asp

-dave

Phonedave

Oh I know... I was being funny. I missed the FB link. Ill have to look that up.

Again, nice job and commitment. Especially with the quantity of races.

These I are the ones I had to run to qualify

Walt Disney World Marathon Orlando, FL 4 26.2 M 5:52:11 1/9/11
Cupid's Chase 5K Glen Rock, NJ 1 5 K 30:52 2/12/11
CJRRC Hangover 5K Westfield, NJ 1 5 K 30:36:46 2/27/11
Morristown St. Pat's 5K Morristown, NJ 1 5 K 30:48 3/12/11
Applechase 5K / 10K Pomton Plains, NJ 2 10 K 1:03:05.1 3/27/11
Morris Knolls 5K (MK5K) Denville, NJ 1 5 K 29:17.91 4/9/11
Essex County Cherry Blossom Run Newark, NJ 2 10 K 1:03:16.74 4/10/11
Dumont Fall Run For Fun 5K Dumont, NJ 1 5K 28:25.6 9/10/11
Haworth 5K Haworth, NJ 1 5K 28:55.7 9/24/11
Disney Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon Orlando, FL 3 13.1 M 2:28:48 10/1/11
Norwood Flat & Fast 5K Norwood NJ 1 5K 29:22.4 10/22/11
Reach 5K Mahwah, NJ 1 5K 29:24.3 10/23/11
Robert P Giaimo Memorial 5K Fairfield NJ 1 5K 28:55.3 10/29/11

-dave

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Sorry for being MIA for the past few days.
Some numbers:
Wed - 20.51mi
Tue - 20.43mi
Mon - 20.11mi

Today was only 10.33mi and then a 30min cardio workout. My mental focus has been in the ____----er since last week and it's always frustrating, especially since it's only 20-30 miles on my training runs, and in March, I have to go 100mi. I just can't seem to get into my zen-like trance and move. So, my wonderful wife will be joining me on my 20+ miler on Saturday...she'll be on her bike :D, to keep my head straight.

Goofy Challenge is coming soon! I also signed us up for the pasta party in Epcot, so let the carbs flow!

A couple of Anchor Christmas Ales now...

Cheers folks!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
P90X Back and Biceps today. Wrapping up the last week of phase 2.

Probably going to skip the rest week and go straight into phase 3 next week, so that the program is complete by the time we leave for marathon weekend.

I ordered P90X2 today....then I have something to do when I return, and finding too many excuses not to run outside.

scorp111

Two makes 535 tonight

After 18 weeks and 535 miles, this was my final two before my first full. I wonder if this is always how one feels before their first full? I have a sore throat, a nag here, a nag there, etc. Just need to settle down, get some sleep, and trust those 535 miles since July. Tomorrow we drive over to Memphis, attend the expo, and I am going to focus on hydration. (And I still have to pick my pace group :):shrug: )

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Just found out that 2 races I want to do next year are going to be held the same day.

The Madison Mini-Marathon and Warrior Dash are going to be held the same day.

By theory, I could make both of them, but I don't know how logical it is to try and run 16 miles across 2 different races in 1 day.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Just found out that 2 races I want to do next year are going to be held the same day.

By theory, I could make both of them, but I don't know how logical it is to try and run 16 miles across 2 different races in 1 day.

DO IT! Run hard or just go back to bed!

dreamfinder

Do it..... It's not that illogical. I've done the Family Halloween 5k in the am, and then finished with the Wine & Dine half that night. The Warrior Dash may or may not kick your butt. It all depends on the course.

JillC LI

Ok... maybe some of my smile was internal only since my face was a bit frozen.

:ROFLOL:

It is the exact one on this page (only with my name on it :D )
-dave

Way cool!

So, my wonderful wife will be joining me on my 20+ miler on Saturday...she'll be on her bike :D, to keep my head straight.

Oh I loved having my dad on his bike with me when I ran those 18-20 mile runs in prep for the marathon. My hubby has joined me for runs on his bike as well but not longer than 13 miles. Enjoy.

After 18 weeks and 535 miles, this was my final two before my first full. I wonder if this is always how one feels before their first full? I have a sore throat, a nag here, a nag there, etc. Just need to settle down, get some sleep, and trust those 535 miles since July. Tomorrow we drive over to Memphis, attend the expo, and I am going to focus on hydration. (And I still have to pick my pace group :):shrug: )

You're gonna do great Steve! Enjoy the race - it's the reward you've worked for.

As for me, 4 miles on treadmill. Half mile intervals at 8:30 pace with quarter mile rest intervals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom