What did you do?

JillC LI

5K race this morning - 40 degrees and many elevation changes. Chilly and hilly! :D

26.35 finish time was good for 19th place overall. That was, I believe, my first ever top 20 finish, my fastest 5K run ever, and it was the very last race I will run before turning another year older. :lookaroun

Too short of a race to be of much help in marathon training, but it was good to breathe that frigid air and experience those hill climbs. All good in getting ready for the 2012 race schedule. :)

edit: Personal record! Woot! I had to go back and check to confirm. That's a nice "almost my birthday" present! :D

Congratulations! Great time, great to PR, and great pre-birthday present to yourself!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
5K race this morning - 40 degrees and many elevation changes. Chilly and hilly! :D

26.35 finish time was good for 19th place overall. That was, I believe, my first ever top 20 finish, my fastest 5K run ever, and it was the very last race I will run before turning another year older. :lookaroun

Too short of a race to be of much help in marathon training, but it was good to breathe that frigid air and experience those hill climbs. All good in getting ready for the 2012 race schedule. :)

edit: Personal record! Woot! I had to go back and check to confirm. That's a nice "almost my birthday" present! :D
:D Congrats Doug. Way to go!

GoofyRacer11

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I was out of
town last weekend and I have been busy studying
for finals. I ran 16 miles this morning and felt great.
Nothing is hurting and I feel like running the Goofy
Challenge now. I also went out to Vertical Runner
to get a new pair of shoes, since I have over 800
miles on my current pair.

My Goofy Bib#: 21313

Texas84

Epic fail this AM. I was supposed to do 20 miles on my marathon plan. GREAT running weather and I had a great attitude and felt really good. But at mile 7 I stopped to tie my right shoe and I strained something in my right foot really bad. Tried to fight through it but I just couldn't put any weight on it. Had to limp 2 miles back to the house. I'll try again next week. :eek:

joel_maxwell

Epic fail this AM. I was supposed to do 20 miles on my marathon plan. GREAT running weather and I had a great attitude and felt really good. But at mile 7 I stopped to tie my right shoe and I strained something in my right foot really bad. Tried to fight through it but I just couldn't put any weight on it. Had to limp 2 miles back to the house. I'll try again next week. :eek:
That sucks. Hate to hear that. Just try again next week.

JillC LI

4 miles on TM this morning. Middle two miles at 9 min pace.
Thank goodness for General Hospital which keeps me entertained during my morning TM runs! I sure hope it isn't the next victim of ABC's soap opera programming axe.

joel_maxwell

4 miles on TM this morning. Middle two miles at 9 min pace.
Thank goodness for General Hospital which keeps me entertained during my morning TM runs! I sure hope it isn't the next victim of ABC's soap opera programming axe.
:lol:

I wont give you a hard time since I was addicted to Days during college. :lookaroun

3 easy miles Monday. Just looking at all the neighborhood decorations

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
P90X 2 arrived in the mail today.....pumped for that.

Also looking at probably running the princess 1/2 marathon in feb.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20.25 miles yesterday.
20.33 miles this morning.
Just under 110 miles last week with two days off.

Getting pumped for the Goofy Challenge and the pasta party!
And I'm having dreams of the ultra...

Cheers folks!

joel_maxwell

20.25 miles yesterday.
20.33 miles this morning.
Just under 110 miles last week with two days off.

Getting pumped for the Goofy Challenge and the pasta party!
And I'm having dreams of the ultra...

Cheers folks!
Thats our boy!

You know. When I was on my run Saturday morning, I was thinking how fun it would be to come run with you on your turf or visa versa. Maybe one day if I have to travel up north I can stop by one early am for a run or if you are ever in this area, we can go climb some hills.

Regardless, nice work this week... as usual!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Thats our boy!

You know. When I was on my run Saturday morning, I was thinking how fun it would be to come run with you on your turf or visa versa. Maybe one day if I have to travel up north I can stop by one early am for a run or if you are ever in this area, we can go climb some hills.

Regardless, nice work this week... as usual!

Thanks buddy! Yeah, you got it. If you come up here, you best prepare yourself for 30 miles of ocean and pain!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Ill give you 20.... and after that, Ill be ready to sit my a&& on that beach and drink some AB's. :D

:ROFLOL:
Damn right I'll be breaking out the AB's!
It would be GREAT if you could make it to the ultra in March; Coryna and Dave will be there, it'll be a mini WDW party while watching me puke!

fmingo36

:ROFLOL:
Damn right I'll be breaking out the AB's!
It would be GREAT if you could make it to the ultra in March; Coryna and Dave will be there, it'll be a mini WDW party while watching me puke!

:sohappy:YAY!!! Not the watching you puke part but the idea of a little WDWmagic party celebrating your AMAZING accomplishment. I'm so there!

scorp111

As usual, great work by all of you!

I am still here, just took some time off after the full. 5K @ 8:54 tonight.
It was my first run since the full 10 days ago. I didn't plan to take this long off, but some travel and an 18 hour day at work on Saturday made it so. Felt good though. Wasn't sure of what I was going to pace-wise, but after I started, felt like pushing a little for me :) Some more random runs this week, and then next Monday starts my 12-week plan to get under 2 hours in the half-marathon.:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom