What did you do?

scorp111

4 tonight @ 9:06

I was trying to beat the Pizza Delivery guy on this run (I failed). One mile warm-up, two miles at 8:40, one mile cool down. Thought about pushing the last mile too, but reminded myself I have 5 in the morning and 26.2 in 11 days =)

scorp111

5 miles - 41 mins today. New shoes!!!! :-D

Speedy!!

5 @ 9:48 for me this morning, or at about 18 seconds per mile below my planned marathon pace. Wind was blowing from the North, so that meant a couple of uphills into a gusty wind, which always tests my commitment, especially since they occur early in the run. Settled down after that. This was actually my last 5 mile weekday run before the full =) Now off to the office for about 3 hours this morning.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

JillC LI

Ah, great...I was THISCLOSE to sending you a PM asking if this is the plan you used to get your 5K time down (congrats on the new PR, by the way!). I've had the FIRST book for awhile but haven't used it to train for a race yet. I think I'm going to try the half plan in the spring. Thanks! :wave:

Thank you. I actually found the book somewhat difficult to apply to my speed. I wasn't sure whether I was supposed to go at the speeds listed for my current pace or my goal pace. I chose my goal pace, and I wound up running the 5K a minute faster than goal pace so I guess I chose right. I will say that I had to do a lot of math to figure out how fast to do my intervals. And the paces were really VERY hard for me which is why I found this training plan to be harder on my body than training for the marathon even though the weekly distance was half as much. I slightly adjusted their proposed workouts but kept with the overall theme of the plan. For my 2 days of cross-training, I did a half hour on the stationary bike which worked out well for my schedule. Let me know if I can give you any tips. It really works.

Enjoy those new shoes Steve - nice run!

Nick, "GO YOU LITTLE B-----D IN BLACK!

As for me, 4.5 miles at 9:40 pace today after cooking all morning. Tomorrow I rest and eat!

scorp111

4 miles @ 9:17 per mile....

Three progressive miles and a cool down: 9:37, 9:22, and 8:59. Solid run to prepare for the eating later today =)
So much to be thankful for! I hope everyone enjoys their holiday.
9 days until I become a marathoner

Texas84

Happy Turkey everyone!

5.2 miles this AM to get ready for Mom's cooking. Did not want to do it. Bad attitude. No energy. But pace was average. Now I'm headed to Mom & Dad's to watch football and pig out! :D

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Did our local Turkey Trot this morning.

5 Miles: 53:22 with a 10:21 pace. We actually felt really great about this run. It was my wife's PR for 5 miles.

Somehow I still only beat a handful of people in my division.....hmmm.....

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Speed work this am. Even though my legs didnt feel rested and ready to run, Ill take the times.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Mad Stitch

I did a 5 mile Turkey Trot this morning and began to feel shin splints just after mile 1. Finished in 57 minutes do to it. I need to strengthen my shins or I'll be in trouble come the half in January.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
13.17mi on Thanksgiving morning...I know I know, under 20 mi? But I had lots of cooking to do!
Back-to-back full marathons this morning and tomorrow (thanks for the FB posts Steve and Joel!)

Cooking my annual turkey stew now (says the vegetarian who cooks for everybody else...) and kicking back a few Arrogant B-----d ales.

Cheers folks!

Ariel484

Thank you. I actually found the book somewhat difficult to apply to my speed. I wasn't sure whether I was supposed to go at the speeds listed for my current pace or my goal pace. I chose my goal pace, and I wound up running the 5K a minute faster than goal pace so I guess I chose right. I will say that I had to do a lot of math to figure out how fast to do my intervals. And the paces were really VERY hard for me which is why I found this training plan to be harder on my body than training for the marathon even though the weekly distance was half as much. I slightly adjusted their proposed workouts but kept with the overall theme of the plan. For my 2 days of cross-training, I did a half hour on the stationary bike which worked out well for my schedule. Let me know if I can give you any tips. It really works!

Thanks! I am with you on the pacing confusion...i will probably try to do what you did, pick the goal pace and go from there.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
11.11 this am. Now it is time to watch AU vs UA and drinks some beer. Oh... I still have to wait 7 hours.

Super Hills by the numbers:

880 Vertical feet Climbed
1525 Feet Ascended

scorp111

11.11 this am. Now it is time to watch AU vs UA and drinks some beer. Oh... I still have to wait 7 hours.

Super Hills by the numbers:

880 Vertical feet Climbed
1525 Feet Ascended

Great work as always, enjoy the game.

Final 8 miler before Memphis today, 8@10:04.
Right at what may be my target Marathon Pace (still undecided which pace group I am going to run with). Windy and Warm (mid-60's)..... Long range forecast call for Sun and temps starting in the low 30's rising to near 50 for Memphis next weekend. If it holds true, that is almost perfect for me.
A slight twinge in my calf this morning, so will definitely be foam rolling today and early this week. Only about 8 more easy miles this week....

Texas84

New distance record: 18.5 miles. Only two more long runs until the WDW Marathon! I was done at mile 16 but I think I can do it. My home course is very hilly and I don't have theme parks to run through. :D

GoofyRacer11

I ran 18 miles on the treadmill early this morning. I usually
run outside, but I had no choice because it was a complete
downpour by my house plus the gusts of wind were strong.
My pace was 8:30 per mile and I felt great. I have to do my
last 20 miler next weekend, but it is going to be difficult cause
I am going to be in New York for a wine tasting tour, so I have to
find a route to get it done. Hope everyone else doing well with their
training.

dreamfinder

Sat was 9mi, with negative splits for the last 6, from 8.1 to 8.7mph. Sun was supposed to be 18, but tweaked my knee trail running with the dog Sat afternoon, and bailed after 7, did the remainder on a bike. No Turkey trot for me, ended up having to work on Fri.

Phonedave

I have been out of the loop for a bit here. Holidays, buying a house, and other assorted fun has put the kibosh on running for a bit.

However I did find the time to open up the box that came from USA Track and Field with my 2011 Gold Phidippides Award in it.

For those who care - http://www.usatf.org/groups/MastersLDR/Awards_Rankings/PhidippidesAward/AwardWinners/2011.asp

(Dave Dolch, NJ)

On tap for today - we have been threatened by my Tae Kwon Do instructior to prepare for sparring sessions that are going to work off any Thanksgiving pounds we may have gained. :D

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom