What did you do?

lukacseven

Back to the gym last night...Was supposed to run the Innaugural Wildwood (NJ) half marathon on Sunday. Due to the hurricane and the mandatory evacuation of the town early Saturday morning, the race was canceled. CGI Racing is offering deferred registration for the 2012 race.

Next race is Rock N Roll Philly on 09/18. Also working on t-shirt design for the marathon relay - running with my sister as the "Spanish Monorail Drivers."

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Glad you're both doing well. Injuries don't stop Nick, but it's nice to know that at least Mother Nature can slow him down a tad! :lol: I'm sure you're body was grateful.

Starting my newly designed, custom made 5K training plan this week. Will post more details later.

It's more like Wife Nature..."You are NOT running during a hurricane, are you nuts?!? You are cooking us breakfast." And so I did. Extra thick rum-soaked French toast.

JillC LI

5K Training Plan

OK, so lately I've been mentioning that I am going to begin a formal training plan for the 5K I will run on Saturday, November 12th. I'm more of a middle distance runner, and speed is not my game so this is all new to me. As you may recall, my 12 year old son and I have a Carvel ice cream sundae bet on the line, but I know that I will lose to him and my real goal is to set a PR and come in under 28 minutes (not that I'm telling him that!). So, in that vein, I have been reading up on various 5K training plans, and I have put together one that I hope woill work for me over the course of 11 weeks. It is based on the FIRST plan where you only have to run 3 days per week and you do cross-training on other days. I will plan to use the stationary bike for cross-training. The three running days will include the following:
(1) speed training day with precisely set and timed intervals
(2) tempo pace day
(3) long run day at faster than a casual long run pace

I began with Run 1 today, and it included a 1 mile warmup and 1 mile cooldown with (400m at 8:27 pace x 400m Rest Interval) x 6 reps in the middle. I did my warmup, cooldown, and Rest Intervals at 9:48 pace. I did the workout on the treadmill - as I will have to do all Speed workouts because I don't have that internal pacing guide - and I barely made it through the sixth rep, but I did it. Just under 5 miles total.

So now I am accountable to all of you!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
19.01 miles yesterday.
19.33 miles this morning.

Taking those two days off really screwed with me. It feels as if I have never run before. I'm sure I will get back into my rhythm this week.

Beer now.

Cheers folks.

scorp111

Just wanted to take it easy after the fall on Sunday, so set out with the intention of 4 miles @ around 9:45 per. Felt fine in the beginning, but then at .6 of a mile, I found the only rock in the entire road I am sure. It was about 1 inch high, so just high enough if that if you stepped on it while running, you would twist your right ankle and end up on the ground. AGAIN. Only the 3rd time in 10 months I have hit the ground, but 2nd this week. Luckily, I pretty much sat down this time instead of the headfirst thing I tried on Sunday. Sat there for a couple of seconds, decided I felt ok, and started running again. The run itself was good with cooler weather and
nice progressive splits today:
9:26
9:18
9:06
8:28

Ankle has swollen, discolored, and became stiff today, so I am pretty sure I am going to bail on my seven tomorrow.

dreamfinder

In a sad attempt to make up for the miles lost on Sunday, did 7 mi yesterday morning at pace before work, and am now back on my normal midweek schedule. Less than 3 weeks.....

I had enough problems sneaking in a 50 minute run yesterday, no idea how Nick can fit in 2-3 hour runs each day. I need 25 hours in the day for that.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
In a sad attempt to make up for the miles lost on Sunday, did 7 mi yesterday morning at pace before work, and am now back on my normal midweek schedule. Less than 3 weeks.....

I had enough problems sneaking in a 50 minute run yesterday, no idea how Nick can fit in 2-3 hour runs each day. I need 25 hours in the day for that.
The 1 flaw in the universe! Period. I always need that 1 extra hour each day.

3 miles this morning at 5:30. I was afraid after all that hill training Saturday, I had tweaked my Achilles again. I have stretched like a mad man on my foam roller the last few days and it appears to be ok. *fingers crossed*

JillC LI

Just wanted to take it easy after the fall on Sunday, so set out with the intention of 4 miles @ around 9:45 per. Felt fine in the beginning, but then at .6 of a mile, I found the only rock in the entire road I am sure.

Ankle has swollen, discolored, and became stiff today, so I am pretty sure I am going to bail on my seven tomorrow.

Probably wise but that sucks.

I wonder that myself :D

3 miles this morning at 5:30. I was afraid after all that hill training Saturday, I had tweaked my Achilles again. I have stretched like a mad man on my foam roller the last few days and it appears to be ok. *fingers crossed*

Hope you're feeling better.

As for me, I'll be doing 30 minutes cross-training on the stationary bike for the first time tonight. I'm a little sore from my speed workout yesterday but not bad.

joel_maxwell

As for me, I'll be doing 30 minutes cross-training on the stationary bike for the first time tonight. I'm a little sore from my speed workout yesterday but not bad.
I love being sore. Makes me always remember what I did. It is an invisible badge of "I kicked _ss yesterday"

:D

JillC LI

I love being sore. Makes me always remember what I did. It is an invisible badge of "I kicked _ss yesterday"

:D

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm proud of my workout yesterday. And when it's bad enough to make you walk a little funny, it's great when people ask if why so you can tell them what you did!

joel_maxwell

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm proud of my workout yesterday. And when it's bad enough to make you walk a little funny, it's great when people ask if why so you can tell them what you did!
I love love having a little gimp walk the day after a long run. "No dude, I dont have a rock in my shoe. I ran 15 miles before the sun came up and you were dreaming of making it to the gym."

MKCP 1985

What did I do today? I registered for the Mississippi Blues Marathon which occurs on the same weekend as Disney. (Hey, not everybody can be at Disney World every January! :lol: ) Registration jumps $10 tomorrow or after tomorrow, so for $65 plus tax, I've got a guitar shaped finisher medal coming my way in January. :D

joel_maxwell

What did I do today? I registered for the Mississippi Blues Marathon which occurs on the same weekend as Disney. (Hey, not everybody can be at Disney World every January! :lol: ) Registration jumps $10 tomorrow or after tomorrow, so for $65 plus tax, I've got a guitar shaped finisher medal coming my way in January. :D
Nice Job Doug. Wish I could join you.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
19.53 miles this morning. My boardwalk in Spring Lake is destroyed, thanks Irene. Sticking to the parallel road and then after that, the boardwalks are fine.
Going to do another 50 miler at the end of September; a Fall version of what I did last Saturday. Also might sign up for the Mountain Madness 50k in October just to get some bling to hold me over until Disney.

Cheers folks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom