What did you do?

JillC LI

Wow that is a lot of miles! How often are you replacing shoes?

At that rate, I'd be replacing FEET! :ROFLOL:

3.5 miles speedwork this morning. Averaged 9:19 pace for the workout, but more significantly, my intervals are getting more consistent. I repeated 4 intervals of 100 meters at very close to 7:25 pace each, and I repeated 4 intervals of .25 miles at very close to 8:30 pace each. Usually my fourth interval is much longer than my first so I think this is progress, right?

fmingo36

Just got back from the gym.
3.5 miles on the treadmill and 1 hour of yoga/pilates.
Feeling pretty good right now in mind & body. :)

scorp111

3.5 miles speedwork this morning. Averaged 9:19 pace for the workout, but more significantly, my intervals are getting more consistent. I repeated 4 intervals of 100 meters at very close to 7:25 pace each, and I repeated 4 intervals of .25 miles at very close to 8:30 pace each. Usually my fourth interval is much longer than my first so I think this is progress, right?

Definitely progress Jill!

6 miles on the hotel TM this morning, and I think that is my longest TM run to date. 8:53 pace, so I am good with that. A full day of meetings today, so I might need to run again tonight!!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT

Very Nice Jill! Way to put in some hard work and see the benefits.

JillC LI

Definitely progress Jill!

6 miles on the hotel TM this morning, and I think that is my longest TM run to date. 8:53 pace, so I am good with that. A full day of meetings today, so I might need to run again tonight!!

Thanks Steve.
The longest I've ever gone on the TM is 8 miles but I hate doing anything over 5 miles on it. If I do, I have to have recorded a really good, distracting movie to watch on TV to pass the time while I run. I only do that on those winter weekends when the ground is covered in snow or ice though. Anything else and I'd rather brave the weather than go that long on the TM.

fmingo36

Good for you. I bet you have a rockin bod. (Not that Im hitting on you... you just really put the time in to these extra details)

I'm not sure about the rockin bod (but thanks for even thinking it-:D) but I do know that I'm in much better shape (in mind & body) at 41 than I was at

dreamfinder

Normal 5k at the gym in about 19:20 today, felt good. The big difference was I ran it at about 3am. Gym was completely empty except for the guy at the front desk. It was weird seeing it that quiet.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20.01 miles this morning.
19.51 miles yesterday.
Rest tomorrow before I tackle my 50 miler on Saturday.
My Hoka mafate trail shoes arrived a few days ago (size 8.5, men's version in all black of course :eek:, no surprise there). They are like pillows on my feet. They look really weird, though when I'm all geared up it doesn't really matter! They absorb much of the shock and help with the extra 25 pounds of gear and water I carry. I swear I'm 5'6" now instead of 5'3"!

Work now, beer later.
Cheers folks.

JillC LI

I'm not sure about the rockin bod (but thanks for even thinking it-:D) but I do know that I'm in much better shape (in mind & body) at 41 than I was at 21.

I would have to say the same. Couldn't run a block at age 21 although you wouldn't have guessed it from looking at me. I always had strength and balance and flexibility but no endurance. Not any more!

Normal 5k at the gym in about 19:20 today, felt good. The big difference was I ran it at about 3am. Gym was completely empty except for the guy at the front desk. It was weird seeing it that quiet.

WOW!

20.01 miles this morning.
19.51 miles yesterday.
Rest tomorrow before I tackle my 50 miler on Saturday. My Hoka mafate trail shoes arrived a few days ago (size 8.5, men's version in all black of course :eek:, no surprise there). They are like pillows on my feet. They look really weird, though when I'm all geared up it doesn't really matter! They absorb much of the shock and help with the extra 25 pounds of gear and water I carry. I swear I'm 5'6" now instead of 5'3"!

Work now, beer later.
Cheers folks.

I thought you were postponing the 50 miler?

As for me, 3.5 mile tempo run this morning at 9:33 pace. Felt strong.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I would have to say the same. Couldn't run a block at age 21 although you wouldn't have guessed it from looking at me. I always had strength and balance and flexibility but no endurance. Not any more!

I thought you were postponing the 50 miler?

As for me, 3.5 mile tempo run this morning at 9:33 pace. Felt strong.

It was supposed to be last Saturday, so I rescheduled for this coming Saturday. Have to get some supplies tomorrow and going to drive the route to make sure my mileage is correct.

scorp111

5K this morning on the treadmill in 25:29.

My fastest 5K yet, treadmill or road.

Rest day tomorrow followed by 6 on Saturday and 12 on Sunday.....

dreamfinder

Save the gas and mapmyrun that mother. :D

No No a thousand times no. At least not for something that he actually cares about a legit distance. I have done 2 races in the last year or two where they said its a 5k! At one of them we start running, hit mile 3, looking for the finish line, thinking it has to be right there, or just around that corner we should be able to see it. But it wasn't. Kept going, and going, and around mile 3.3 or so, boom. There is the finish line. As a bunch of us were sitting around the finish area, we were all saying "It seemed long. My Garmin said it was long, did yours?" We, ended up that this "3.1mi" course was really "3.3mi". The organizers said "Ooops. Guess we needed to verify beyond MapMyRun." Not a huge deal if we knew about it in advance, but you could see some of these guys kicking into high gear at mile 3, and then burn out at 3.15 or so and slow down as they finished. Sure, use MapMyRun as an estimate, but for Nick, he needs to have it be legit and official. Otherwise he will have that nagging doubt. = Þ

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom