What did you do?

fmingo36

6.5 miles on the treadmill at the gym and not even a pinch of knee pain. :sohappy:
I could hear the rain beating into the ceiling over my mp3 and the music at the gym. When I got out to the parking lot the whole area was completely flooded. took me almost a 1/2 hr to get home because of all the flooded roads. If live you in the NJ area-be careful out there today!

Texas84

6.5 miles on the treadmill at the gym and not even a pinch of knee pain. :sohappy:

Awesome! :D

11 miles this AM. 74F, 97% humidity at 0630, overcast, nice breeze. I had good miles where I wanted to run through my walk breaks (did not) and bad miles where I wanted to quit (did not). Strange.

I'm working on my heel-striking. Trying for a more middle foot strike. Read a good tip that's working for me: Think of your toes as claws. Land flat and use your 'claws' to grab and push off. Really seems to be more efficient. For me anyway.

Now if only this humidity would roll out for my 12.5 and 14. But I'm guessing Oct 1 in Orlando is going to be a bit humid.

scorp111

11 miles at 10:44 per mile...

First 7 went well, miles 8-10 had too many walk breaks, but the miles are in =) This completes 30 for the week, and week 4 of Full Marathon Training down.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Took today off, as I've been putting in major hours at work the last couple days.

I think I'm going to post a race report from the Everest Challenge pretty soon on here. I'll take our clues and edit out the answers, and see who can get them.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
3 miles yesterday morning and 4.13 miles today at 1pm. it was super hot. I asked for it though.

Finally, a schedule starts this week. How I have missed you so.

Hey Nick, my 305 watch band is about to break. I was surprised to find such negative response on forums about Garmin not offering new watch bands for sale. So, I ran into this little guy. See Here Didnt you get yours from REI?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
3 miles yesterday morning and 4.13 miles today at 1pm. it was super hot. I asked for it though.

Finally, a schedule starts this week. How I have missed you so.

Hey Nick, my 305 watch band is about to break. I was surprised to find such negative response on forums about Garmin not offering new watch bands for sale. So, I ran into this little guy. See Here Didnt you get yours from REI?

Wow, mine broke with in the firs two weeks I had it. I replaced it with a wide EK velcro band from EMS. I wish I had an REI closer to me. But now I've been exclussively using my 301, which comes with a wide velcro band, and much better than what they put on the 205 and 305.

joel_maxwell

Wow, mine broke with in the firs two weeks I had it. I replaced it with a wide EK velcro band from EMS. I wish I had an REI closer to me. But now I've been exclussively using my 301, which comes with a wide velcro band, and much better than what they put on the 205 and 305.
In the forums I scrolled through, it appears that most of them lasted about 12-20 months. Mine is about 6 months. :mad:

Oh well, Ill just get a velcro strap. I had a "The Band" watch band for years, one of the fat boys, so I am use to the feel.

dreamfinder

Thurs had an evening 5k, set a new personal official PR by about 12 seconds, still 30-40 seconds off what I do in the gym on weekly basis.
Sat was 16 mi at BQ pace, Sun was 12 LSD with a 7 mi bike ride due to time constraints.
My favorite thing is that my body is getting used to the long mileage finally and I'm not that sore come Monday. I still may be a little short on calories/carbs (I can't force myself to eat anymore without bursting) but thats a different story.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
118 miles last week, Monday-Saturday.

Just broke 2,000 miles since March 21st of this year.

Waiting for the nice UPS man to deliver my new ultra trail shoes :D

19.25 miles this morning, coffee and work now, double bock beer later.

Cheers.

JillC LI

In the forums I scrolled through, it appears that most of them lasted about 12-20 months. Mine is about 6 months. :mad:

Oh well, Ill just get a velcro strap. I had a "The Band" watch band for years, one of the fat boys, so I am use to the feel.

I've had mine nearly 3 years and the strap is still OK, but I will say that I noticed it becoming lighter in the place that it bends to put the notch in, so I've been very careful all along not to bend it too far when taking it on and off.

Cheers.

How's that knee doing?

As for me, I got up at 4:45am on Saturday to get in 7 miles before heading up to CT with the family for the day because I didn't feel like running in the predicted storm Sunday morning. The sun was just starting to rise when I wentout which was kind cool. Thank goodness I did because that was one h*ll of a storm Saturday night into Sunday! Flooding everywhere on Long Island. Spent the day suctioning water out of my mother's basement for her with the wet-vac. Given how sore I was afterwards, I'm sure that must count as cross-training!

joel_maxwell

I've had mine nearly 3 years and the strap is still OK, but I will say that I noticed it becoming lighter in the place that it bends to put the notch in, so I've been very careful all along not to bend it too far when taking it on and off.
That is what Im talking about. The notch area, the one right before is about to give... making it 1 notch looser. That will drive me crazy.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Cheers.

Wow that is a lot of miles! How often are you replacing shoes?

scorp111

Great running everyone, and Nick's mileage is just almost impossible to comprehend! I have had the original 305 band since Jan, and no issues yet, but like Jill I can see it start to wear.

Just an easy 3 this morning at 8:45 pace.
Driving to ATL for a couple of days meeting this afternoon, so probably will do my 6 tomorrow am on a Treadmill:lookaroun I might fall off, I haven't run on a treadmill in about 4 months! Although I have a pretty decent one at home.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
How's that knee doing?

As for me, I got up at 4:45am on Saturday to get in 7 miles before heading up to CT with the family for the day because I didn't feel like running in the predicted storm Sunday morning. The sun was just starting to rise when I wentout which was kind cool. Thank goodness I did because that was one h*ll of a storm Saturday night into Sunday! Flooding everywhere on Long Island. Spent the day suctioning water out of my mother's basement for her with the wet-vac. Given how sore I was afterwards, I'm sure that must count as cross-training!

The knee is ok. My hips are taking a beating though.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Great running everyone, and Nick's mileage is just almost impossible to comprehend! I have had the original 305 band since Jan, and no issues yet, but like Jill I can see it start to wear.

Just an easy 3 this morning at 8:45 pace.
Driving to ATL for a couple of days meeting this afternoon, so probably will do my 6 tomorrow am on a Treadmill:lookaroun I might fall off, I haven't run on a treadmill in about 4 months! Although I have a pretty decent one at home.

Thanks Steve!

joel_maxwell

I've been replacing them every few months. I put 1000 miles on one pair and they are destroyed. The UPS guy should be delivering my new ones today; Hoka maffate trail shoes.
My Saucony's had 600 miles on them. I got my new pair in and ran on them this past weekend. It is amazing to put on the old shoe (left foot) and the new shoe (right foot) and see how much you have beat the hell out of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom