19.25 miles this morning.

Injuries/issues I have run with for the past month:

-wisdom teeth yanked out
-concussion
-lost toenails
-countless blisters
-fatigue from insomnia
-bruised knees from falling
-cut, bruised arm/bicep (thank you ma'am, for running me into a street sign)
-and finally, fluid build-up on the right knee from my second fall, which will probably force me to push back my 50 miler this Saturday. That has me steamed since I was mentally preparing for this Saturday and Coryna (fmingo) was going to pace the last few miles with me. Coryna: I already told you but I'll send you another email about a reschedule...
Going to get the knee drained after an MRI, but still running as my doctor shakes his head, "Nick, I don't know how you do it."

A couple of IPAs now as the rain falls...wish I was running in it :D

Cheers folks.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I did a 14 miler while training for my first WDW half. I was so happy finishing that I thought I was going to cry. :eek::D
:sohappy: Very Nice. I know the feeling. When I did my training 20 miler, I came home all excited. It was 8:20am and everyone in the house was still asleep. :rolleyes:

Nick, run smart. Wait on the 50 miler as long as you need to.

joel_maxwell

3 quick miles today on lunch. I ran my normal 3 mile route backwards. Trying to shake up the mental ease of the run. It worked. Great run.

Shoe note: I tried to support my local Fleet Feet. I like those guys, but after 3 attempts to get them to order and call me when the size 9.5 Ride 4's came in has been 11 days now, and no call. I tried calling them and no call back. Sooooo, I went to the web. I got the versions I have now, the Ride 3's, for $69 instead of $100 for the new versions & new inserts for $5 off. Win. Total: $110 with no tax and free shipping.

JillC LI

19.25 miles this morning.

Injuries/issues I have run with for the past month:

-wisdom teeth yanked out
-concussion
-lost toenails
-countless blisters
-fatigue from insomnia
-bruised knees from falling
-cut, bruised arm/bicep (thank you ma'am, for running me into a street sign)
-and finally, fluid build-up on the right knee from my second fall, which will probably force me to push back my 50 miler this Saturday. That has me steamed since I was mentally preparing for this Saturday and Coryna (fmingo) was going to pace the last few miles with me. Coryna: I already told you but I'll send you another email about a reschedule...
Going to get the knee drained after an MRI, but still running as my doctor shakes his head, "Nick, I don't know how you do it."

A couple of IPAs now as the rain falls...wish I was running in it :D

Cheers folks.

That s*cks, Nick. Careful with that knee. The belt buckle will still be there when you're healed.

fmingo36

Ran 5 miles this morning and still lots of knee pain. I've come to the conclusion that the pain is not going away anytime soon. Just have to push through and keep up on my runs. Only 3 weeks till the DL 1/2 marathon.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
My minimum goal was a 5k this morning.

I was really hoping to get 5 miles.

I got 10k....it was absolutely gorgeous. I'm supposed to be in a bit of a taper mode right now, but I felt good, and had a cool breeze on me, so I just kept running.

fmingo36

My minimum goal was a 5k this morning.

I was really hoping to get 5 miles.

I got 10k....it was absolutely gorgeous. I'm supposed to be in a bit of a taper mode right now, but I felt good, and had a cool breeze on me, so I just kept running.

Love days like that!

scorp111

Six at 10 min per mile tonight.....
I was due for 6 this morning, but had a bit of a pain above my left ankle this morning, so I bailed on it. Felt pretty good throughout the day, so decided to do it this evening. 90 degrees when I started around 86 degrees when I finished, so still pretty warm. Overall a pretty good run, and my legs felt better after foam rolling afterward. Pace was off, but with the temp and running at night for the first time in 3 months, not going to let it get to me.

scorp111

4 @ 9:24 per mile this morning...

Since it was my 2nd run in 10 hours, I will take it.

Rest day tomorrow before a planned 6 on Saturday and 11 on Sunday.

Mr mom

Nick, aka donald duck, you are a trooper to be sure, the distances you run are insane, it's a wonder you can still walk, let alone run.

4 more days for me but only one more run before I leave, I have been sticking to my 5 milers for the last few days, definitely don't want an injury. 4 days and 4 more shifts, the last two 12 hours, ugh. will all be worth when I am on that plane headed to the states, first philly for a genuine cheesesteak and then Orlando, happy happy day.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
19.11 miles Monday
19.25 miles Tues
19.33 miles yesterday
20.01 miles this morning.
Pushing my 50 miler back a couple weeks until I get this MRI.
Doctor says, "I would tell you not to run at all, but you're not going to listen anyway, right?"

Work and coffee now.
Cheers folks.

joel_maxwell

19.11 miles Monday
19.25 miles Tues
19.33 miles yesterday
20.01 miles this morning.
Pushing my 50 miler back a couple weeks until I get this MRI.
Doctor says, "I would tell you not to run at all, but you're not going to listen anyway, right?"

Work and coffee now.
Cheers folks.
Sam has the same mentality sometimes.

Sam: "I would tell you not to do that, but I know you, and you have made your mind up... so you might as well go do it so you can get back" :lol:

scorp111

6 miles at 8:53 per mile

Pushed it this morning, so it was a tough run, but happy with the result. Probably my fastest 6 ever...
Preseason football game tonight - Titans vs. Vikings - and then 11 miles tomorrow morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom