What did you do?

Ariel484

I did 8 miles yesterday at a pace of about a minute slower than I normally do to compensate for the weather (even though I was up at about 7:30 it was still HOT, and the sun was brutal). It went well but I think I need to start carrying gels with me, because I felt weird for awhile afterward and didn't feel normal until I ate lunch. Currently I take Gatorade along but that's not cutting it I guess.

Today is a rest day! :cool: My fave!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I did 8 miles yesterday at a pace of about a minute slower than I normally do to compensate for the weather (even though I was up at about 7:30 it was still HOT, and the sun was brutal). It went well but I think I need to start carrying gels with me, because I felt weird for awhile afterward and didn't feel normal until I ate lunch. Currently I take Gatorade along but that's not cutting it I guess.

Today is a rest day! :cool: My fave!
Sounds like my morning exactly.

I ran this morning at 7:30. it was already 80 outside with 70% humidity and the sun at a brutal angle that was hard to escape under the tree cover. All in all, my time was ok considering.

6.5 miles, 55.23 at an 8:45 pace.

Blueliner

Sounds like my morning exactly.

I ran this morning at 7:30. it was already 80 outside with 70% humidity and the sun at a brutal angle that was hard to escape under the tree cover. All in all, my time was ok considering.

6.5 miles, 55.23 at an 8:45 pace.

It was almost the same for me, just a few miles down the road from you. I had a little bit of a later start (about 8:15), as my wife got to take the earlier run. I ran about 5.5 miles around town, but I did not put my watch on. I felt pretty sluggish and definitely was suffering a bit in the heat/humidity.

Maybe we'll catch some breaks this week, weather-wise.

joel_maxwell

It was almost the same for me, just a few miles down the road from you. I had a little bit of a later start (about 8:15), as my wife got to take the earlier run. I ran about 5.5 miles around town, but I did not put my watch on. I felt pretty sluggish and definitely was suffering a bit in the heat/humidity.

Hopefully. Looks like rain in Bham today. It was like a wet blanket on my back for 55 minutes. Just painful. My legs were very fatigued on the way back tot he house (last 2 miles).

Ariel484

I sure hope so. I feel like I need to be out the door before 8AM (preferably closer to 7) to get a somewhat decent run in without feeling like a mess for the rest of the day due to the heat :hurl:

Blueliner

I sure hope so. I feel like I need to be out the door before 8AM (preferably closer to 7) to get a somewhat decent run in without feeling like a mess for the rest of the day due to the heat :hurl:

It brings new meaning to: "There aren't enough hours in the day." It's more like there aren't enough hours in the day that allow for comfortable training.

A few years back when I was training for my first marathon (San Francisco), my longest long runs hit about this time of year. The race conditions in San Francisco were pretty good; the training conditions in Birmingham, not so much. It's difficult to wake up early enough to avoid the heat on a 3-4 hour run.

Erin_Akey

I had a rough day training-wise.....
Plan was for hubby and I to do a 7 mile long run after work. Well the heat got the best of meand we only made it 4.5 miles.

This was hte first time we have not made a goal distance since we started training. I was really disappointed in myself, but I figure better to quit before I get sick then hurt myself and be out for a few days.

Plus I am gong to see Michael Buble tomorrow night and did NOT want to be feeling bad, so when I got nauseated, we called it. I don't know what happened as we did 6 miles in the late afternoon/early evening heat last week and felt fine. I even made hubby and I Propel slushies before we left. I had a Gu gel after three miles, and hoped it would kick in, but by 4.5 I was done for. I was drinking every 1/2 mile or so too.

Guess it just was not my day! :(

fractal

Woke up early this morning and got in about 4 miles on the Wildwood NJ boardwalk. Just glad I didn't get hit by one of those 4 person bike "carriages" or the Tramcar!

Phonedave

I had a rough day training-wise.....
Plan was for hubby and I to do a 7 mile long run after work. Well the heat got the best of meand we only made it 4.5 miles.

This was hte first time we have not made a goal distance since we started training. I was really disappointed in myself, but I figure better to quit before I get sick then hurt myself and be out for a few days.

Plus I am gong to see Michael Buble tomorrow night and did NOT want to be feeling bad, so when I got nauseated, we called it. I don't know what happened as we did 6 miles in the late afternoon/early evening heat last week and felt fine. I even made hubby and I Propel slushies before we left. I had a Gu gel after three miles, and hoped it would kick in, but by 4.5 I was done for. I was drinking every 1/2 mile or so too.

Guess it just was not my day! :(

Sometimes that happens.

You did the right thing though. You tried to push yourself, but when your body said enough, you stopped. The last thing you want to do is injure yourself and then have to spend a week on the couch instead of training.

-dave

DisneyRunner

Today I did six miles, with a .25 cooldown walk. Also, strength training. At this time, I feel a little worn out. It's a good feeling, I know I worked hard. Tomorrows plan is an outdoor run. The forecast, humid and warm at the start.

heartodisney

Temps here last three days have been lower to mid 90's, relatve humidity in 60 to 70's and dew point in 70 range....oppressive! I have gotten in 100 miles the last three days on my P.O.S. (piece of shinola), older bike on a trainer in the garage. I REALLY need to invest in a computer to measure my wattage. Next two days at work, so a rest period before friday and 10 mile warmup and then 4 hour drive to Paris, Tx for saturdays 62 mile ride! It will be hot, and couple thousand riders..it will be fun! I just hope I do not crash like the last ride I did a couple of weeks ago at the Tour de Hoot at mile 48! Just pride hurt more than anything else!

Phonedave

Today was 6 miles in 80 degree weather and 4000% humidity.

Nothing dries, you sweat and it stays with you. I just keep telling myself it's good training.

-dave

Blueliner

Last night was 8 miles on the indoor track -- 84 glorious laps. At some point, I need to increase my outdoor mileage, but I could not bear the thought of running outside with a heat index of 95 degrees.

I felt good and ran about 10 seconds/mile faster than my goal pace for the run. The best part was that my pace improved pretty significantly over the last two miles.

It was a good way to bounce back from my Saturday morning run, where the heat/humidity made for a sweat-drenched, miserable slog around town.

joel_maxwell

Today was 6 miles in 80 degree weather and 4000% humidity.

Nothing dries, you sweat and it stays with you. I just keep telling myself it's good training.

-dave
I did a slow 30 minute run. Very slow. Probably covered about 3 miles. I was working out the kinks from Sundays hard run.

Like you Dave, 90 outside, 4000% humidity. My shirt was just heavy and fully soaked. Even with the mild run today. Just ridiculous.

Blueliner

Last night was 3 miles on the indoor track at an easy pace, along with some strength training and a little more emphasis on stetching post-run.

I like this thread. It has become an informal training log for me, and it's nice to see what others are doing (or enduring) to get ready for various Disney races.

joel_maxwell

Last night was 3 miles on the indoor track at an easy pace, along with some strength training and a little more emphasis on stetching post-run.

I like this thread. It has become an informal training log for me, and it's nice to see what others are doing (or enduring) to get ready for various Disney races.
I have 4 miles tonight. It is going to be 93/ feels like 101 with 70% humidity.

:D fun times.

fractal

Lots of heat and humidity here as well. On Tuesday I ran 3 miles, walked a mile then ran another 2. Clothing down to the socks completely soaked through.

Going out again today.

Blueliner

I have 4 miles tonight. It is going to be 93/ feels like 101 with 70% humidity.

:D fun times.

Ouch! I can't quite bring myself to run outside right this week. My plan is to swim tonight and run 6 indoors tomorrow (the middle 4 at about 8:30/mile, sandwiched by an easy mile warmup and an easy mile cooldown).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom