What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Yesterday on lunch break
4 Miles
37:53 - 8:58 pace
starting to look for more hills to prepare for the 21K trail run.
237 vertical feet change
655 feet ascended

dreamfinder

Easy Thursday three this morning @9:13 per mile.

A Very even paced 3 on a Muggy 75 degree morning. I am glad that by the time my mid-week mileage really ramps up, that the weather should start to break some. Sometimes the thought of the full marathon is quite daunting, but I figure I will just take it one run and one week at a time.

It seems like a long distance now, but it gets easier as you add on the training miles. Several years in, I usually feel the same after a training 1/2 as I used to after doing a training 5k when I first started. And for those crazy ultra runners, I imagine that a doing a training full or so is just another day at the beach.

Just keep working at it slow and steady, setting goals along the way and its definitely achievable.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
10 miles this morning at at 13 minute pace....it would have been a LOT better, but mile 9 was walked, due to poor prep on my part....Still a decent pace for a distance run for me...so happy overall.

scorp111

5 miles @ 9:18 per mile.

More weekend miles. This is a stepback weekend, so I only have 6 tomorrow. Thought it would rain during the run, all I received was a sprinkle. Hope everyone has a great Saturday :)

Mr mom

9.5 miles for me today, finally getting back into the swing of things after my injured leg and calf. Today other than slight stiffness, the leg felt the most normal it has felt in a month and a half. My pace is still well below my normal 8.5/9 per hour, more like 6.5/7 but I am just happy to be running some distances again.

scorp111

6 miles at 9:45 per mile....
Sundays are my slow days, so I didn't push even though the mileage was lower. A nice start to the Sunday. Still have a tweak in my right calf, so looking forward to the foam roller, and a non-running day tomorrow. Week 3 of Marathon Training in the books, just 15 to go!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Another 10 miles with my wife this morning....20 miles in 3 days for me....that's pretty solid, and i'm happy with it.

Madison Mini Marathon in 2 weeks!

GoofyRacer11

Ran 16 miles this morning and I felt great. My pace was about
8:30 per mile and the weather was perfect for running, unlike
my long run last week. Next scheduled race is the warriors
dash on September 10th.

Texas84

Did not want to get up this morning. Did not feel good. So I strapped on the water belt and did 4 miles. But after my 4 minute warmup walk, felt pretty good and my pace was decent. The nice breeze through the humidity and the overcast skies helped a bunch.

diddy_mouse

I have had a horrible work schedule this past week. I missed almost two running days.

My plan is to "officially" start the half-marathon training plan on the end of the month, as directed. But it's been a while since I've done some running and that's why I'm putting in my time on the treadmill. One thing I know I need is some new shoes...maybe a birthday present to myself? :lol:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I wanted to do 5 miles yesterday, but I had Isabeau with me all day... so I did 3 miles pushing 50 pounds in her Bob stroller.

10 minute pace at 1pm.
Started working on my extended hill training with 387 feet ascended.

JillC LI

It seems like a long distance now, but it gets easier as you add on the training miles. Several years in, I usually feel the same after a training 1/2 as I used to after doing a training 5k when I first started. And for those crazy ultra runners, I imagine that a doing a training full or so is just another day at the beach.

Just keep working at it slow and steady, setting goals along the way and its definitely achievable.

I remember training for the marathon and I was really nervous about running 12 miles for the first time, and someone said to me, "just wait until 12 miles sounds like a short run!" and I thought "yeah right. that'll never happen." But sure enough, when you've got an 18 mile long run week and a 20 mile long week sandwiching a 12 mile long run week, that 12 mile long run week really does feel like a short, easy week!

19.11 miles Friday.
20.10 miles yesterday.
117.08 miles for the week.
My 50 miler is this coming Saturday...
Cheers folks.

Nice Nick. You're gonna kill it.

Did not want to get up this morning. Did not feel good. So I strapped on the water belt and did 4 miles. But after my 4 minute warmup walk, felt pretty good and my pace was decent. The nice breeze through the humidity and the overcast skies helped a bunch.

I didn't feel like doing 8 miles in the humidity yesterday, and I can't stand being on the treadmill for more than an hour, so I gave myself a tradeoff. I let myself sleep later, did 6 miles on the treadmill, but I did them at tempo pace rather than the long slow run it would have been outdoors.

Texas84

I remember training for the marathon and I was really nervous about running 12 miles for the first time, and someone said to me, "just wait until 12 miles sounds like a short run!" and I thought "yeah right.

I did a 14 miler while training for my first WDW half. I was so happy finishing that I thought I was going to cry. :eek::D

Mr mom

9.5 this morning, felt great, no issues at all. I will only be doing 5 for the rest of the week though, terrified I might re injure before I leave for disney. I do not want a gimp leg ruining my vacation, still not sure if I will even bother running for the two weeks I am down there... 6 more days:sohappy:

scorp111

3 miles at 8:56 per mile this morning. The shortest run of week 4...

Seth (5) is having his Tonsils removed today, sounds fun :lookaroun

JillC LI

9.5 this morning, felt great, no issues at all. I will only be doing 5 for the rest of the week though, terrified I might re injure before I leave for disney. I do not want a gimp leg ruining my vacation, still not sure if I will even bother running for the two weeks I am down there... 6 more days:sohappy:

Either way, enjoy your trip!

3 miles at 8:56 per mile this morning. The shortest run of week 4...

Seth (5) is having his Tonsils removed today, sounds fun :lookaroun

Poor little guy. Hope you've got some ice cream on hand.

As for me, 4 miles this morning, not particularly fast. Picked up a cool new running outfit at Sports Authority on my lunch hour though! Black shorts with a hot pink lining and a matching hot pink shirt. Can't wait to break 'em in. I received a $10 promotional gift card from them in the mail, so I went in . . . and spent $42. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom