What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Nice work Joel! Good to hear it felt good.
Thanks Steve x2.... *wink*

Surprised that between the Tough Mudder, Warrior Dash, and Spartan Race no one comes closer than that. It's a shame as it was a lot of fun.
I know. The closest that I know of is in northeast Georgia. Not worth it. Im sure they will expand soon. Maybe they will come to Bham or Montgomery.

Texas84

I've started running at 0530. The reflective vest seems to working. Surprised at how many cars are out at that time. 3.09 miles at 80F and 100% humidity. Feel like I have more endurance but I'm slower. :veryconfu

fmingo36

Sorry I have been MIA again. My training has taken another hit...long story short, hit my head, knocked out, hospital, concussion, blah, blah. No running, only walking yesterday and today, which is TORTURE for those of you who know me. Concussion or not, I run tomorrow...suck it up.

50 miler coming up in a few weeks.

Short, hilly 10k in September.

Possible trail-ultra in the Fall.

Goofy Challenge in January.

NJ Ultra 100 miler in March and McNaughton 150 miler (maybe 200 miler) after that.

That sums up my races for the year and coming months.

Going to get back to my 120 mile weeks now...hope you are all doing well.

Cheers folks.

You are a little crazy, you know that right? :lol:
I hope everything is OK. I know how much you want to get your runs in, but don't over do it!!! (Can you tell I'm a mom?-LOL)

JillC LI

Sorry I have been MIA again. My training has taken another hit...long story short, hit my head, knocked out, hospital, concussion, blah, blah. No running, only walking yesterday and today, which is TORTURE for those of you who know me. Concussion or not, I run tomorrow...suck it up.

Yeah I know...head is fine. Lucky guy I am to have a great wife and docs to rein me in. 20 miles this morning felt great. Also got to see a huge whale jumping off the coast of Bradley Beach this morning too. That made my day.
Cheers folks.

Geez, so sorry to hear about your accident, Nick, and I'm glad you're strong to enough to be able to run again, but I have to laugh that you consider a 20 miler being "reined in" by your wife and docs! :lol: I won't even tell you to take it easy - it'd fall on deaf ears. :zipit:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
You are a little crazy, you know that right? :lol:
I hope everything is OK. I know how much you want to get your runs in, but don't over do it!!! (Can you tell I'm a mom?-LOL)

Everything is good, thanks Coryna. Crazy? A little. Stubborn? VERY MUCH SO. I'll send you a FB message and explain...

Just under 20 miles this morning. 18.17 mi yesterday.

Green Flash IPA now.

Have a safe 4th.

Cheers folks.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
We had a great 6 mile run yesterday. We probably would have stretched it to about 7 miles, but it was over 80 degrees by the time we finished yesterday, and decided to leave well enough alone.

faw286570

I completed 15.2 miles - first time running out and back on this route from my house to my in-laws. I won't do that route again as I crossed 19 dogs territories. A big stick was my running partner the entire way!

We walked this same route one way in the fall and never saw a single dog. Isn't that the way it goes?!

scorp111

4 miles this morning, pace was off at 9:53. A couple of walk breaks in there. It was my first run in 18 days, I didn't run at all on our extended vacation, but did quite a bit of hiking. The few glasses of wine last night didn't help either. But it's done!

Two weeks to work on getting my base back, and then I start my full training on 7/18.

AUPr8Hd

6.2 miles yesterday for Peachtree Road Race in Atlanta. I took it conservative due to heat and humidity :fork: and finished in a SLOW 82 minutes.

But, I feel good today and will begin preparations for Wine & Dine starting this week.

dreamfinder

10mi at BQ pace in the gym followed by a 30min bike ride on Sun, 14mi with some fun hills outdoors yesterday in the 80+ heat. Ewww. Felt like I was running after I had been swimming.

JillC LI

Gotta catch up since I haven't posted since Friday.

Nice day of "cross-training" on Saturday including a 5 mile beach hike and a climb of the 216 step Fire Island Lighthouse. Did that with the whole family including the kids (ages 9 and 12), but we've taken them on that journey every year since they were about 5 years old, so they loved it and never complained.

Sunday morning was 7 miles at an easy pace in the heat and humidity.

This morning on nearly no sleep (perhaps because I'd gotten 11 hours of sleep the night before!!!!!) I did a speed workout and averaged 9:09 min/mile for 3.5 miles. Getting closer to that sub-9:00 5K I want to run! :sohappy:

Texas84

6.2 miles yesterday for Peachtree Road Race in Atlanta. I took it conservative due to heat and humidity :fork: and finished in a SLOW 82 minutes.

I have got to do that one of these years. Maybe I'll apply next year. I would be thrilled with 82.

3.1 miles today. The AM runs are working out well. Temps are way cooler but humidity is always near 99%. I'm waiting for bike lights for cross-training.

surfsupdon

LOL how funny! A "celeb" sighting on a run. What were they up to? Working on their fitness or chasing girls? LOL

I know right, celebs in town. Don't remind us locals, hahaha.

Pauly and Mike were out running on the boards--they have to go early so there isn't a mob scene around them. Doubt they were training for Wine&Dine though.

I see them pretty much daily now--they are always friendly and give a heads up nod.

You should see JWoww and Snookie running...it's pretty bad. All the calories from drinking they aren't burning off.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
That's the way to multi-task! That would be a tad harder for me - my kids are each 80+ pounds now :)
:eek: 80 is way too much for me too.

I use to get a 25 pound weight and slide on my back while doing all core work at the gym. I have gotten my core/abs ready for that again the last month. Now time to let Isabeau sit on my back while doing my pushups.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Gotta catch up since I haven't posted since Friday.

Nice day of "cross-training" on Saturday including a 5 mile beach hike and a climb of the 216 step Fire Island Lighthouse. Did that with the whole family including the kids (ages 9 and 12), but we've taken them on that journey every year since they were about 5 years old, so they loved it and never complained.

Sunday morning was 7 miles at an easy pace in the heat and humidity.

This morning on nearly no sleep (perhaps because I'd gotten 11 hours of sleep the night before!!!!!) I did a speed workout and averaged 9:09 min/mile for 3.5 miles. Getting closer to that sub-9:00 5K I want to run! :sohappy:

Whoa, that would have to be some kind of record!

Last week was a non starter for me. 16 hour work day on monday, left for a short trip on tuesday, back to work saturday. Exhausted Sunday, Monday was the 4th.

Finally got back out yesterday. 4.75 miles, mid day heat. It was BRUTAL. My pace started out solid, but slowed significantly towards the end. Going for a run/lift right now. More lifting then running, I need to rebuild some lost muscle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom