What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
17.51 miles and 130 push-ups this morning.

I customized my Salomon hydration vest and have hung up my Nathan for the time being. The Salomon just fits me so much better since I have a smaller frame.

Although I am a gear-junkie, I really enjoy my extra training/transition runs in my huarache sandals, in which I don't carry anything except for a hand-held and my Garmin. I feel so much lighter not carrying around the extra 25 pounds of gear; vest, hand-helds, water, gels, etc...

Green Flash IPA now. Cheers folks.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I sure do! I record General Hospital everyday, and in the months where it is too dark out at 6am to safely run outdoors, I watch it the following morning on the treadmill. During the summer I usually get my fix after the kiddies are in bed.

So far, no storms, but I can't run until 6pm so we shall see. My daughter will be home and I'm sure she'd love to join me on her bicycle if it's not raining. That would be fun for both of us. (fingers crossed) My son is supposed to go with his friend to a Mets game tonight so he's hoping the storms miss us as well.
see below

I am so far behind on my GH, my wife and I are still 3 months behind...I just found out that Brenda is still alive and it was Sam in the Limo...:lookaroun
Im not sure how GH is, but good Lord, back in the day, you could skip a month a Days and you could be caught right back up. Im talking about the good old days of Marlena getting kidnapped by Stephano and locked in the wine cellar and John Black's facial expression which looked like, "I just smelled a fart in the breeze"

:lookaroun

I cant believe I just admitted to watching soaps back in college.

SleepingMonk

Three rounds for time of:
Row 1000 meters
50 Burpees
50 Box jumps, 24" box
Run 800 meters

Combine that with 99 degrees with 69% humidity = :hurl:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
6.5 miles yesterday afternoon. Longest run of my life to this point. Felt really great. Took an Accel Gel before the run. I thought it was pretty good, I think I'll use that same product on saturday. It was chocolate flavored.

Taking the next 2 days off from running to be fresh for Run-A-Muck. I'll come back and let y'all know how I do.

On a different note, tried out a new beer tuesday night. Blue Moon Summer Ale. It was very tasty. Not a ground breaking beer junkie beer, but really nice for a summer evening.

joel_maxwell

Just ordered this:
Your First Triathlon [Paperback]
By: Joe Friel

Very excited to read for a potential attempt in May and June of 2012

dreamfinder

Just ordered this:

I keep threatening myself to do one of those one day. I'm fairly certain the DW would not be happy if I did. Trying to get BQ is enough time spent pounding the pavement.

Go for it, as its a good goal.

At a half I did earlier in the year, one the bus ride from the finish back to the start, one of the other runners was talking about how he rode his bike to the race, and now was going to ride it back home. Someone asked how far, and he said 25mi each way. He built the half into his training for a tri that week. I was like holy schniky. Not sure if I could do that for fun.

JillC LI

Just ordered this:

How exciting! Good for you for mixing things up.

I am so far behind on my GH, my wife and I are still 3 months behind...I just found out that Brenda is still alive and it was Sam in the Limo...:lookaroun

Im not sure how GH is, but good Lord, back in the day, you could skip a month a Days and you could be caught right back up. Im talking about the good old days of Marlena getting kidnapped by Stephano and locked in the wine cellar and John Black's facial expression which looked like, "I just smelled a fart in the breeze"

:lookaroun

I cant believe I just admitted to watching soaps back in college.

LOL, I can't believe the admissions I get from you people! Nick watches GH and Joel used to (or so he claims) watch Days! :ROFLOL: And yes, you can usually catch right up on a month of missed GH, but Nick is about 3-4 months behind. (Nick, if you'd like me to bring you up to date on GH, leave me a private message.)

joel_maxwell

I keep threatening myself to do one of those one day. I'm fairly certain the DW would not be happy if I did. Trying to get BQ is enough time spent pounding the pavement.

Go for it, as its a good goal.

At a half I did earlier in the year, one the bus ride from the finish back to the start, one of the other runners was talking about how he rode his bike to the race, and now was going to ride it back home. Someone asked how far, and he said 25mi each way. He built the half into his training for a tri that week. I was like holy schniky. Not sure if I could do that for fun.
Not that is a man. Holy cow. I will obviously start off with the Sprint distance.

There are 2 local ones within 2 weeks of each other. May 30 and June 11.

One is: 200 yd pool swim / 8 mi bike / 2 mi run
The second is: Race Distances - 400 yd swim / 13 mi bike / 3 mi run

How exciting! Good for you for mixing things up.
I have always wanted to do this too. It is exciting and a bit scary.

LOL, I can't believe the admissions I get from you people! Nick watches GH and Joel used to (or so he claims) watch Days! :ROFLOL: And yes, you can usually catch right up on a month of missed GH, but Nick is about 3-4 months behind. (Nick, if you'd like me to bring you up to date on GH, leave me a private message.)
Ill schedule an intervention. You must stop this madness. :lol:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
LOL, I can't believe the admissions I get from you people! Nick watches GH and Joel used to (or so he claims) watch Days! :ROFLOL: And yes, you can usually catch right up on a month of missed GH, but Nick is about 3-4 months behind. (Nick, if you'd like me to bring you up to date on GH, leave me a private message.)[/QUOTE]

NO! Have to watch it with the wife! If I know anything before she does, I'm dead.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
17.67 miles and 130 crappy push-ups this morning. My arms are getting tired from the push-ups.

So freaking humid this morning that I could have cut the air with a knife.

Green Flash IPA now. Cheers folks.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Just returned from a short vacation, where we ran back-to-back 5k days through the parking lots of the resort. Not the most scenic route ever, but it was something to look at.

I found it fitting that when we ran past the main entrance to the resort on the first day, the BGM playing was the Tapestry of Nations music.

Almost a prelude to running in Disney again.

Texas84

3 miles at 8:30AM. The heat was absolutely brutal even at that hour. I'm going to have to start getting up at 5 or 6 for my longer runs.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Run-A-Muck yesterday, ran it in 34:03. Winner was at 27 minutes, finished in the top 10%. So I am fairly happy with that.

This morning ran a little over 2 miles with my wife. Her first time running, hoping to get her hooked.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Just under 110 miles last week (Monday-Saturday).

16.66 miles this morning and now going to get 2 wisdom teeth yanked out :hurl:

50 miler coming up quick.

Cheers folks (let's hope I can have a beer after this...)

JillC LI

I scraped a new personal best today, with a 7:44pace over a 5K. My previous best was 7:45 LOL

Very nice! Congrats!

NO! Have to watch it with the wife! If I know anything before she does, I'm dead.

LOL, you must have alot of storage space on your TIVO or DVR.

Run-A-Muck yesterday, ran it in 34:03. Winner was at 27 minutes, finished in the top 10%. So I am fairly happy with that.

This morning ran a little over 2 miles with my wife. Her first time running, hoping to get her hooked.

Nice job with the race. Good luck with the wife. I never succeeded in getting my hubby interested in running.

joel_maxwell

I scraped a new personal best today, with a 7:44pace over a 5K. My previous best was 7:45 LOL
:sohappy:

Way to go! I better step up my game. :lol: A Brit is gonna beat me. :p

Last couple of days have been weird running for me. Rivers is not sleeping and Im so tired.

Saturday 4 miles.
Skipped Sunday (to many reasons)
Ran today with Isabeau on a 3 miler pushing her in the BOB.

Keep it up gang. Im about to sign up for a state park Xterra sponsored trail 10K. That should get me back in the mental focus of a goal in September.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom