What did you do?

JillC LI

Originally posted by jillrcli: Getting closer to that sub-9:00 5K I want to run!

Whoa, that would have to be some kind of record!

:ROFLOL: Glad to see someone is paying attention! Er, that should be sub-9:00 min/mile 5K I want to run! :lol: And that WOULD be some kind of record....for me anyway! :D

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Originally posted by jillrcli: Getting closer to that sub-9:00 5K I want to run!

:ROFLOL: Glad to see someone is paying attention! Er, that should be sub-9:00 min/mile 5K I want to run! :lol: And that WOULD be some kind of record....for me anyway! :D
Jill's speed work is paying off. Woot Woot.

:D

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I know right, celebs in town. Don't remind us locals, hahaha.

Pauly and Mike were out running on the boards--they have to go early so there isn't a mob scene around them. Doubt they were training for Wine&Dine though.

I see them pretty much daily now--they are always friendly and give a heads up nod.

You should see JWoww and Snookie running...it's pretty bad. All the calories from drinking they aren't burning off.

LOL that's awesome. You mean snookie can actually run?!?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Sorry for being MIA again. All better since the concussion. 100 miles in 5 days last week.

Just a little over 90 miles this week (Mon-Thurs, today).

It is so freaking hot and humid. I'm going through 2 liters of water in my hydration vest, a 12 ounce flask of water in one of the holsters, and a 16 ouncer that I pick up from one of the vendors on the boardwalk...for a 3 hour run. Electrolyte caps, one on the hour and gels.

Customizing my vest again, and trying to create a new rig/setup to carry water and nutrition more suited to my body type.

Stone Ruination IPAs now.

Cheers folks.

scorp111

4 miles yesterday morning. Better than the first run back, but stilll a struggle. Just took too long off I guess. It is all good though, as at least I am getting back into the swing of it. Want to do an 8 and a 4 this weekend.

joel_maxwell

4 miles Tuesday and 3 miles yesterday.

Not going to be able to run for 1 week after next Thursday, SO, ill be running everyday next week and this weekend. :lol:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
3rd straight day running in the mid afternoon heat yesterday. I have taken to doing a full 45 minute lifting session, followed by a 3-4 miler. My pace is slowed on the runs for sure, but I think the trade off is worth it.

JillC LI

Picked me up some protein at mile 2 of my 3 mile run this AM. A bug flew right in my mouth. Didn't go down well. :eek:

Ugh, I hate that.

Planning on getting up at the crack of dawn tomorrow to get 8 in before it gets too hot and humid. Sigh. I don't know how you're doing those distances in this weather Nick, extra drinks and all.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Ugh, I hate that.

Planning on getting up at the crack of dawn tomorrow to get 8 in before it gets too hot and humid. Sigh. I don't know how you're doing those distances in this weather Nick, extra drinks and all.

Disassociation. Accept the pain, the heat, etc... And then ignore it. I expect to hit another 120 mile week by Sunday.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Want to try and get in an 8 mile run this weekend....but the heat and humidity are going to be playing havoc with us.

We both can't get up to run together too early, as we would have to bring the girls to my in-laws that early too.

....and I refuse to run on a treadmill in the summer.

JillC LI

Planning on getting up at the crack of dawn tomorrow to get 8 miles in before it gets too hot and humid. Sigh. I don't know how you're doing those distances in this weather Nick, extra drinks and all.

Well I PLANNED on doing 8 miles this morning, but............
I had so much left in the tank when I finished that I decided to throw in 2 more! So 10 miles at 10:06 min pace. Not a bad way to start the weekend :D

On an unrelated note, has anyone ever had the sensation of having a string tied around one of your toes? I started feeling this on the second toe of my foot yesterday, and all day I kept thinking that my sock had bunched up, but when I took my sock off at night, I still had the sensation. It doesn't hurt at all, but it feels so weird that I'm concerned it might be something I should worry about. I still feel it today. I searched online for reference to it, but all I see are posts by people who are overweight or have diabetes, neither of which applies to me. Anyone ever heard of this before? Could it be running related? My plan for the moment, unless it starts to hurt, is to ignore it! :veryconfu

scorp111

I had so much left in the tank when I finished that I decided to throw in 2 more! So 10 miles at 10:06 min pace. Not a bad way to start the weekend :D

On an unrelated note, has anyone ever had the sensation of having a string tied around one of your toes? I started feeling this on the second toe of my foot yesterday, and all day I kept thinking that my sock had bunched up, but when I took my sock off at night, I still had the sensation. It doesn't hurt at all, but it feels so weird that I'm concerned it might be something I should worry about. I still feel it today. I searched online for reference to it, but all I see are posts by people who are overweight or have diabetes, neither of which applies to me. Anyone ever heard of this before? Could it be running related? My plan for the moment, unless it starts to hurt, is to ignore it! :veryconfu

Super ten Jill! I have heard of something similar with odd toe sensations, but not this particular one, and I haven't experienced it myself.

I did the standard 8 today, right at the same pace as you. I was under 10 per mile for the first 6, but struggled 7 and 8. But since that is my longest run in just over a month, no complaints here. 4 tomorrow will have me at 20 for the week, and I was only average 22-25 most weeks before the longish layoff due to the vacation.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
We managed 8 miles yesterday...my wife's longest run ever. I actually bonked a bit at about mile 6.5. I walked a bit, and felt better after about a minute or two. We finished strong.

I also registered for the Madison, WI Mini-Marathon next month, moving up my planned training schedule by 6 weeks. That's fine, as I was that far ahead anyway. :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Great job!! :sohappy:

scorp111

4 miles @9:27 per

Finally, a good run. Legs a bit tired, but since I went from two weeks off to 20 miles this week, I knew they would be. Breathing was better, and I at least felt in "control".

Heat was killer though, especially since I went back to bed when I woke up at 6am, and didn't run until after 8am. 83 degrees, feeling like 89 when I finished

joel_maxwell

AWESOME! Thats our girl Jill. Kickin butt!

Had all intentions of running today, but it was 104 heat index. Just didnt think it was smart. Besides, I was at Motley Crue till 12:30 last night and had to play daddy by 6:30am. Breakfast request and Jake and the Pirates on the DVR. :dazzle:

Must run M, T, and W since I have to sit out for 1 week come TH.

fmingo36

Ran 8.5 this morning. (Spending the weekend in MA visiting family and it was a beautiful New England morning to run)
My knee started to throb somewhere between 5 and 5.5 miles. I was glad I was able to push through the pain and get a few more miles in.

JillC LI

Super ten Jill! I have heard of something similar with odd toe sensations, but not this particular one, and I haven't experienced it myself.

I did the standard 8 today, right at the same pace as you. I was under 10 per mile for the first 6, but struggled 7 and 8. But since that is my longest run in just over a month, no complaints here. 4 tomorrow will have me at 20 for the week, and I was only average 22-25 most weeks before the longish layoff due to the vacation.

Nice job.

Heat was killer though, especially since I went back to bed when I woke up at 6am, and didn't run until after 8am. 83 degrees, feeling like 89 when I finished

Never a good move these days. Unfortunately the alarm clock is our friend in this weather. Sigh.

We managed 8 miles yesterday...my wife's longest run ever. I actually bonked a bit at about mile 6.5. I walked a bit, and felt better after about a minute or two. We finished strong.
QUOTE]

Good for both of you! She must be psyched at her first 8 mile run. I actually did my first 8 mile run on vacation in Denmark in order to stick with my first marathon training program! I remember it crystal clearly.

Ran 8.5 this morning. (Spending the weekend in MA visiting family and it was a beautiful New England morning to run)
My knee started to throb somewhere between 5 and 5.5 miles. I was glad I was able to push through the pain and get a few more miles in.

Nothing like running in New England. I've had some wonderful runs on Martha's Vineyard. Hope the knee is nothing serious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom