What did you do?

Texas84

5.2 miles at 0800. Nasty humidity but there were storms in the area and every once in a while there would be a cool gust that felt great. Then mowed my back yard. I was drenched.

fmingo36

I managed to get in an hour of yoga and a hour of weight-lifting this morning before I made my hubby his Father's Day Brunch. Busy Morning!!!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Havent posted in a while. Been extremely busy with Rivers and Isabeau. My running log at home needs major updating.

Saturday 3 miles.
Sunday 3 miles.

I wanted to do a 4 and 5 mile day, but I had to run at noon both days and after being up most of the night with a newborn, plus the heat, my legs are just not there. At least I still got out and ran.

I need so much catching up on sleep. My legs are so fatigued.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Havent posted in a while. Been extremely busy with Rivers and Isabeau. My running log at home needs major updating.

Saturday 3 miles.
Sunday 3 miles.

I wanted to do a 4 and 5 mile day, but I had to run at noon both days and after being up most of the night with a newborn, plus the heat, my legs are just not there. At least I still got out and ran.

I need so much catching up on sleep. My legs are so fatigued.

Hang in there buddy! :wave:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Just under 120 miles for the week last week (6 days of running), taking Sunday (yesterday) to jog and walk with my wife before we went to my in-laws' pool.

16.75 miles this morning and 130 push-ups.

I hope everyone is doing well and Happy Father's Day Joel :wave:

Cheers, folks.

joel_maxwell

Just under 120 miles for the week last week (6 days of running), taking Sunday (yesterday) to jog and walk with my wife before we went to my in-laws' pool.

16.75 miles this morning and 130 push-ups.

I hope everyone is doing well and Happy Father's Day Joel :wave:

Cheers, folks.
Hey thanks. I wanted to take Isabeau on a run, but she wanted a nap and it might have been a little to hot out for her. There was NO breeze!

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
3.2 Miles Yesterday, took saturday and sunday off running, had to work both days, then fathers day activities with the in laws, then with my side. Just no time to get out.

Run-A-Muck in Harriman, NY coming up on saturday, going to try and get 2 more runs in this week, going for 4+ today and 5+ wed.

I can't decide if I should run thursday or not. I am so much faster off two days rest then off of one. So I think it's best to take the second day off, hit the gym and do some upper body work.

I have taken to drinking/eating/slurping the Powerbar gels pre run on my longer days. Does anyone else use these? They taste so bad, any suggestions on flavors, or an alternate brand?

JillC LI

Geez Louise!

I was strugglin to complete 3 miles. How the mighty have fallen. :lol:

Ill be back. Very very soon!

You sure will. Enjoy this time with your new baby. As you know from past experience, it doesn't last long.

I have taken to drinking/eating/slurping the Powerbar gels pre run on my longer days. Does anyone else use these? They taste so bad, any suggestions on flavors, or an alternate brand?

A number of people on this board are now fans of Honeystingers although I've never tasted one myself. Nick uses them for LOOOOOONG distances so they must work and be fairly tolerable taste-wise. I stick with either Chocolate Powerbar Gel (I agree that feels like I'm eating you-know-what, but it works quick for energy) or lemon clif blocks (tastier but hard to chew sometimes). I can also do OK sometimes with an energy bar.

joel_maxwell

4 miles today on lunch. About 90 outside. Partly cloudy, so mentally, that made it feel like 80. Huge difference.

8:40 pace with one slow mile uphill. Killed my average.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Geez Louise!

A number of people on this board are now fans of Honeystingers although I've never tasted one myself. Nick uses them for LOOOOOONG distances so they must work and be fairly tolerable taste-wise. I stick with either Chocolate Powerbar Gel (I agree that feels like I'm eating you-know-what, but it works quick for energy) or lemon clif blocks (tastier but hard to chew sometimes). I can also do OK sometimes with an energy bar.

Yeah, that was a good week :D

Regarding the gels though; I have since changed to Clif Turbo Shot double espresso (new formula, not the old one. The old one is really bad). The Honey Stingers work really well and fast, but I sugar crash big time once it wears off. The Clif turbo shot (usually double espresso and sometimes strawberry) works great and I don't crash afterwards. During my long training runs (20-40 milers), I'll take 2 per hour with plenty of water and a Succeed electrolyte cap. I have sort of simplified my on-the-run nutrition intake to just water and gels at certain intervals and it works great.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
17.10 miles this morning. Legs are feeling a little heavy early on, but it goes away after a few miles. I'm still training (80/20 % with my normal Sauconys and my custom huarache sandals) with my huaraches, and it seems to be getting more difficult to go back to my old super supportive Sauconys. I figure by the end of the year, I will be 100% running in the huaraches, and just in time for the WDW Goofy Challenge.

Passed on beer today and went back to straight gin...bad idea. It puts me in a mood :dazzle:

Cheers folks.

joel_maxwell

Nick got me on these. They were so much easier to consume at 5am on long runs then something that taste like Chinese Carcinogen manufactured crap like GU. Just my opinion though

I have come up with a good system for my body though. Anything over 13, I take a Stinger Gel at 30 minutes in, then the Stinger solid chews at 75 minutes in... and repeat if much much longer than 13 every 30 minutes.

joel_maxwell

17.10 miles this morning. Legs are feeling a little heavy early on, but it goes away after a few miles. I'm still training (80/20 % with my normal Sauconys and my custom huarache sandals) with my huaraches, and it seems to be getting more difficult to go back to my old super supportive Sauconys. I figure by the end of the year, I will be 100% running in the huaraches, and just in time for the WDW Goofy Challenge.

Passed on beer today and went back to straight gin...bad idea. It puts me in a mood :dazzle:

Cheers folks.
I can see where you would have to pick one or the other. Going from an old shoe that is worn out to a new shoe, there is a few miles of adjustment. I cant imagine going back and forth to the extremes of these.

Sippin on gin and juice.... laid back, with my mind on my running and running on my mind.

JillC LI

Did something stupid today. Decided to run this evening instead of getting up early to run this morning. Now it's gonna be thunderstorming and I'm going to have to run on the dreaded treadmill. Sigh. At least I only planned to do a short 3 miles today and I should be able to keep distracted by watching General Hospital on DVR.

joel_maxwell

Did something stupid today. Decided to run this evening instead of getting up early to run this morning. Now it's gonna be thunderstorming and I'm going to have to run on the dreaded treadmill. Sigh. At least I only planned to do a short 3 miles today and I should be able to keep distracted by watching General Hospital on DVR.
:lol: You still watch soaps.

Maybe you can beat them and get home before they start.

JillC LI

:lol: You still watch soaps.

Maybe you can beat them and get home before they start.

I sure do! I record General Hospital everyday, and in the months where it is too dark out at 6am to safely run outdoors, I watch it the following morning on the treadmill. During the summer I usually get my fix after the kiddies are in bed.

So far, no storms, but I can't run until 6pm so we shall see. My daughter will be home and I'm sure she'd love to join me on her bicycle if it's not raining. That would be fun for both of us. (fingers crossed) My son is supposed to go with his friend to a Mets game tonight so he's hoping the storms miss us as well.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I sure do! I record General Hospital everyday, and in the months where it is too dark out at 6am to safely run outdoors, I watch it the following morning on the treadmill. During the summer I usually get my fix after the kiddies are in bed.

So far, no storms, but I can't run until 6pm so we shall see. My daughter will be home and I'm sure she'd love to join me on her bicycle if it's not raining. That would be fun for both of us. (fingers crossed) My son is supposed to go with his friend to a Mets game tonight so he's hoping the storms miss us as well.

I am so far behind on my GH, my wife and I are still 3 months behind...I just found out that Brenda is still alive and it was Sam in the Limo...:lookaroun

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I can see where you would have to pick one or the other. Going from an old shoe that is worn out to a new shoe, there is a few miles of adjustment. I cant imagine going back and forth to the extremes of these.

Sippin on gin and juice.... laid back, with my mind on my running and running on my mind.

No doubt brother. I dread the day that I will not be able to pull the miles I am doing now. Although, the prime-age for an ultra-runner is actually 64 years old, so I have read. I surely don't want to be sitting on my ______ when I'm 64, if I make it to that age that is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom