What did you do?

JillC LI

5 mile race...23rd place...25 seconds faster than last year so I'll take it...post race raffle won an acoustic guitar and 2-free lessons...:ROFLOL:

Guess I got my race fee worth!

Nice job. Hope you wanted to learn to play acoustic guitar!

I notice this has turned into a running thread. Well, i biked 3 miles and ran 1 earlier today.

But I actually just booked a Disney trip for 2 weeks from now!!!!!!!!!!!

Biking, running, and booking a Disney trip in the same day? Whatta day!!!
Love your screen name!

...I ended up having to use the hotel treadmill all week at 4AM (every morning), incline set to max (15.0), and running an 8:30 pace, for 2 hours every morning, trashing my legs. Coryna, Joel, Dave, Jill, Steve, you all know I DESPISE treadmills.

Two hours on a treadmill at 15 incline?!?!?! That sounds worse to me than running 50 miles! :ROFLOL:

As for me, I did the same 3.5 mile short interval workout this morning that I did last week, and I shaved 15 seconds off the workout overall, and I averaged 9:18 min/mile pace including the warmup and cooldown, so that's pretty great for me. I'm really thinking I could do that sub-9 m/m 5K I'm shooting for in the Fall.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Best nutrition plan ever. I think my favorite part of my new hobby is the ability to drink some beer without guilt.
Accidently turned my half mile round trip jog to the gym into a 2.2 mile run. I didn't mean to do it, but I knew I was having pasta with a glass or two of wine for dinner, so I figured I better burn some extra calories.

Yeah, my beers come in around 300 cals a pop, so regardless of my high mileage I still keep it to about 2 or 3.

Where in NJ are you? There are a few of us here from the Great State.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Two hours on a treadmill at 15 incline?!?!?! That sounds worse to me than running 50 miles! :ROFLOL:QUOTE]

I wasn't really sore or anything, mostly in a bad mood staring at CNN on the little tv in a sub-par excercise room at 4am. I'm used to running up and down the beach for 3-4 hours so I felt like a hamster!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20.25 miles and 130 push-ups this morning. Getting back to my 100+ mile weeks.

Might be moving my solo 50 miler up to July. Just dropped off a silver bottle-opener belt buckle to the local jeweler to get it engraved for the occasion:

2011 Irascible ______________ Ultramarathon - 50 Mile Solo Finisher

Mowed the lawn, did some grocery shopping. Arrogant ______________ ales now.

Cheers folks!

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Yeah, my beers come in around 300 cals a pop, so regardless of my high mileage I still keep it to about 2 or 3.

Where in NJ are you? There are a few of us here from the Great State.

Bergen County. Paramus area.

UGHHHH, just finished tying my shoes and the skies open up. I don't have the time to wait it out. Treadmill here I come. :brick:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Bergen County. Paramus area.

UGHHHH, just finished tying my shoes and the skies open up. I don't have the time to wait it out. Treadmill here I come. :brick:

I'm in Monmouth County, Manasquan, on the beach. And if you call it "the shore," I'm running up to Paramus to smack you :D Just kidding.

Screw the treadmill and hit the asphalt/trail while it's raining. There is nothing more refreshing than busting your butt in a down-pour.

fmingo36

I'm in Monmouth County, Manasquan, on the beach. And if you call it "the shore," I'm running up to Paramus to smack you :D Just kidding.

Screw the treadmill and hit the asphalt/trail while it's raining. There is nothing more refreshing than busting your butt in a down-pour.

Yay-another Jersian on the boards! (I'm in Middlesex Co.) :sohappy:

And Nick that's just like you...push em' a hard as you can. NO WHIMPS on this board!!! :lol:

Just bought new sneakers on Sunday and today was my first run in them, I ran 7 miles (on the treadmill). Mentally I could of kept going but both of my knees had other thoughts. I hope it's not the new sneakers.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Hey folks, sorry for being MIA for the past few days. I'll try and keep this short and sweet sans too many details (Coryna, I'll fill you in later since you asked before).

My 305 has been acting funny lately; not turning on, losing battery, etc...freaking me out because you all know I'm a numbers guy. Ordered the classic 301 which should be here tomorrow and sending my 305 back this week to get repaired.

Last week was miserable. Short version: I had to go to a wedding out of state in Virginia, plus extra days. My 100+ mile weeks got shaved down to a horrible...I won't even post the mileage. I ended up having to use the hotel treadmill all week at 4AM (every morning), incline set to max (15.0), and running an 8:30 pace, for 2 hours every morning, trashing my legs. Coryna, Joel, Dave, Jill, Steve, you all know I DESPISE treadmills.

Finally great to be home in NJ. Ran 20 miles this morning and 130 push-ups.

And of course, beer now. I hope everyone is doing well with their respective training.

Cheers.
Glad you are back on the boards Nick. Holy Cow... the bolded is the worst part. I dont do weddings. Nothing against being married, but all the drama and BS, Ill stay at home. Besides, I hate wedding bands. Worst covers EVER!

Id do 2 hours on a treadmill for a month before attending a wedding.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
3 miles today on lunch. It was a little about 90. 8:24 pace. Im happy with that.

It amazes me to think that the same effort in 30 degree weather would produce a 7 minute pace. The human body always fascinates me.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Glad you are back on the boards Nick. Holy Cow... the bolded is the worst part. I dont do weddings. Nothing against being married, but all the drama and BS, Ill stay at home. Besides, I hate wedding bands. Worst covers EVER!

Id do 2 hours on a treadmill for a month before attending a wedding.

I agree with you brother. I was going out of my mind all week. I guess that's why I've been turning out 20+ miles everyday since I got back!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20.33 miles and 130 push-ups this morning. That's 3 consecutive days of 20+ miles and loving it.

I used my Forerunner 301 today, which came yesterday (sending my 305 back to get repaired). Holy crap, I don't care that the 301 is bigger or that it's the previous model to the 305, it is SO much better (for me anyway).

The bigger screen is much easier to read.
The button layout is better suited to me.
Love the auto HR page.
Love the extended battery (13-14 hours, so my 50 milers are good to go).
Fully weather proof and water submersion proof.
Signal goes really weak indoors but it picks up a signal outside just as fast as my 305.

I just love it and when I get my 305 gets back from repair, it's on deck as a back-up.

2 Arrogant ______________ ales now, cooking pasta and making garlic bread for dinner tonight, and picking up hot fudge sundaes down the street for dessert...I love consuming 4500 calories a day and being able to burn 1/3 of it off :D Cheers folks.

scorp111

Very busy week at work before a 2 week vacation has kept me off the streets this week.

4 miles this morning @ 9:11 (8:45 final mile)

Don't know how much I will run on the trip, but hope to squeeze a couple of trail runs in somewhere.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20.35 miles and 130 push-ups this morning. Fourh consecutive day of 20+ miles. My stomache has been really sensative during my runs for the past few weeks. Feeling like I'm going to puke with every step, but my water, electrolyte and calorie intake is fine (adjusted for the hot temps but nothing drastic).
Oh well, cheers folks.

fmingo36

Got in a 6.5 mile run. It was the complete opposite of the run I had on Tuesday--my knees were feeling good, but my mentally I was exhausted after 3 miles. I give up!

Texas84

Give up?!? Did the US give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor! Hell no!

My 10-mile bike ride was exciting today. I was moving to beat a bad storm. Lots of swirling wind to deal with. I had to stop a few times to clear the trail. A low-hanging branch was caught by a gust and almost knocked me over. Just like that evil Harry Potter tree. All heck broke loose just as I made it back to the truck.

JillC LI

7 miles at 8am today. Too hot. Had to really push to get through it. But I did and was proud of myself afterwards. Then I took five 12 year old boys and my 9 year old daughter to a pool party for my son's birthday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom