What did you do?

JillC LI

Thanks. Once cleared at 6 weeks to exercise, I have to get her out running.

Six weeks post partum I was far more interested in sleep than running! Good luck to ya, especially in this weather.

2 miles last night. Just getting the muscles loose again after the Spartan on sunday. Felt pretty good. Supposed to be over 100 today, may have to use the treadmill. :hurl: Oh how I hate the treadmill. Got another obstacle run in 16 days though, so I need to get back on the horse.

Me too. I did my morning run on the treadmill today given the 100 heat prediction plus humidity. Faced a giant fan directly towards me and was quite comfotrable albeit a bit bored. A least the 3.5 miles went relatively quickly at an easy 9:48 min pace.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Six weeks post partum I was far more interested in sleep than running! Good luck to ya, especially in this weather.
She brought it up in a passing comment last night.... so once we get out there and get hot and she want to possibly quit, Ill step in with that encouragement she will need to get her over the hump.

JillC LI

She brought it up in a passing comment last night.... so once we get out there and get hot and she want to possibly quit, Ill step in with that encouragement she will need to get her over the hump.

Hmmm, impressive. Perhaps you can run three steps ahead of her, backwards, holding an ice cold drink to encourage her to keep moving to try to get it! :lol: Or you could promise to do the night-time feedings for a week - that might work too! :lol:

joel_maxwell

Hmmm, impressive. Perhaps you can run three steps ahead of her, backwards, holding an ice cold drink to encourage her to keep moving to try to get it! :lol: Or you could promise to do the night-time feedings for a week - that might work too! :lol:
I think it would be even more impressive if I could get my breast to lactate. :lookaroun

With all seriousness, I think she is ready to start getting back in shape ASAP and I think if I can get her to commit mentally and physically to signing up for an event like RnR Series New Orleans in February, she will get excited.

another 3.1 miles on the treadmill today. I have gone from not doing anything a month ago to racking up 22.1 miles as of today. :sohappy: I think I am going to signup for a 5K in september. I just need to build up my running. (I've been walking)

joel_maxwell

4 miles this am. Nice jog. Probably a 9-9:15 pace. I was hurting. 3 week old woke up all night and my 3 year old had nightmares.

Strugglin.

5 tomorrow am.

scorp111

8 miles today at 9:48

First 3 miles were great, to the point of contemplating making this a 10+ mile run, decided against it. Probably a good thing too, as after some hills in miles 3, 4, 5, I faded fast in the heat. Mile 7 was embarrassingly slow with some walking, but I finished ok.
Didn't run enough this week, but happy with my effort this morning. Now off to find our camping stove that is somewhere in the garage for our two week vacation that starts Friday =)

joel_maxwell

8 miles today at 9:48

First 3 miles were great, to the point of contemplating making this a 10+ mile run, decided against it. Probably a good thing too, as after some hills in miles 3, 4, 5, I faded fast in the heat. Mile 7 was embarrassingly slow with some walking, but I finished ok.
Didn't run enough this week, but happy with my effort this morning. Now off to find our camping stove that is somewhere in the garage for our two week vacation that starts Friday =)
Nice job Steve. 8 miles is a solid weekend run.

joel_maxwell

3 miles this am. Wanted 5 but Isabeau wanted me to take her in the BOB. So, 5 miles solo turned into 3 miles pushing her. I think that is equal. :D

Texas84

4 miles this AM on the Galloway half plan. Then I cut my grass and edged. I usually don't carry liquids on 5 miles or less but something told me to carry today. Good move.

MCC1

5 mile race...23rd place...25 seconds faster than last year so I'll take it...post race raffle won an acoustic guitar and 2-free lessons...:ROFLOL:

Guess I got my race fee worth!

SiriusBlack

I notice this has turned into a running thread. Well, i biked 3 miles and ran 1 earlier today.

But I actually just booked a Disney trip for 2 weeks from now!!!!!!!!!!!

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
5.31 yesterday. A new distance record for me. The weather was nice and cool, so it wound up being quite an enjoyable run.

Played 2 softball games later in the afternoon, completely exhausted after that. I will not be running today, 12 hours of work, then a date night with the wife. Back on the horse tomorrow trying to get my 5k into the 25 minute range.

JillC LI

Couldn't get online this weekend to post. Ran 9 miles early Saturday morning before my daughter's swim meet. Only planned to go 8 and set aside enough time to complete 8, but I forgot I've been getting faster lately and wound up with some time to spare at the end so I thought "What the heck, I'll do another mile." So I did! Felt strong at the end. Average pace just under 10 min/mile which felt easy and comfortable. Would've kept going but then I would have missed the swim meet.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Hey folks, sorry for being MIA for the past few days. I'll try and keep this short and sweet sans too many details (Coryna, I'll fill you in later since you asked before).

My 305 has been acting funny lately; not turning on, losing battery, etc...freaking me out because you all know I'm a numbers guy. Ordered the classic 301 which should be here tomorrow and sending my 305 back this week to get repaired.

Last week was miserable. Short version: I had to go to a wedding out of state in Virginia, plus extra days. My 100+ mile weeks got shaved down to a horrible...I won't even post the mileage. I ended up having to use the hotel treadmill all week at 4AM (every morning), incline set to max (15.0), and running an 8:30 pace, for 2 hours every morning, trashing my legs. Coryna, Joel, Dave, Jill, Steve, you all know I DESPISE treadmills.

Finally great to be home in NJ. Ran 20 miles this morning and 130 push-ups.

And of course, beer now. I hope everyone is doing well with their respective training.

Cheers.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Hey folks, sorry for being MIA for the past few days. I'll try and keep this short and sweet sans too many details (Coryna, I'll fill you in later since you asked before).

My 305 has been acting funny lately; not turning on, losing battery, etc...freaking me out because you all know I'm a numbers guy. Ordered the classic 301 which should be here tomorrow and sending my 305 back this week to get repaired.

Last week was miserable. Short version: I had to go to a wedding out of state in Virginia, plus extra days. My 100+ mile weeks got shaved down to a horrible...I won't even post the mileage. I ended up having to use the hotel treadmill all week at 4AM (every morning), incline set to max (15.0), and running an 8:30 pace, for 2 hours every morning, trashing my legs. Coryna, Joel, Dave, Jill, Steve, you all know I DESPISE treadmills.

Finally great to be home in NJ. Ran 20 miles this morning and 130 push-ups.

And of course, beer now. I hope everyone is doing well with their respective training.

Cheers.

Best nutrition plan ever. I think my favorite part of my new hobby is the ability to drink some beer without guilt.

Accidently turned my half mile round trip jog to the gym into a 2.2 mile run. I didn't mean to do it, but I knew I was having pasta with a glass or two of wine for dinner, so I figured I better burn some extra calories.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom