What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
:sohappy: I think I speak for everyone when I say- YAY!

Congratulations! :D
Thanks. If this week hasnt been an interesting test of my patients, humility, endurance, memory and texting ability, the camera's cord that hooks into the computer was left at my parents house. I have to wait till I can get that. Hopefully in the next 24 hours.

Errrrr. :D

EDIT: Ok, got the cord. 3 Miles this am. See below:
- Auburn shaker (check)
- Tinkerbell sunglasses (check)
- Juice Box (check)
- Rapunzel doll (check)

9:44 pace over 3 miles with a 25lb Bob stroller and a 29 pound child. Love todays run and Isabeau kept saying, "run faster daddy" followed by a "No dont stop, run some more"

Running.jpg

Texas84

My only goal in my races is to beat the strollers. :D

The bank I now work for was 'acquired' last week so I missed a whole week due to work. They paid time and a half though.

Did 4.25 miles this AM. 75F and 80% humidity. Rough.

About time to start training for the F&W half! :sohappy:

scorp111

Thanks. If this week hasnt been an interesting test of my patients, humility, endurance, memory and texting ability, the camera's cord that hooks into the computer was left at my parents house. I have to wait till I can get that. Hopefully in the next 24 hours.

Errrrr. :D

EDIT: Ok, got the cord. 3 Miles this am. See below:
- Auburn shaker (check)
- Tinkerbell sunglasses (check)
- Juice Box (check)
- Rapunzel doll (check)

9:44 pace over 3 miles with a 25lb Bob stroller and a 29 pound child. Love todays run and Isabeau kept saying, "run faster daddy" followed by a "No dont stop, run some more"

View attachment 27055

Great run Joel!

scorp111

4 mile recovery run @9:29

After the 15 miles on Friday, this was supposed to be a 6 mile recovery run. Well, my mind and my body had other ideas. Didn't want to get started, and once I was started, I knew I was in trouble when I was calculating how long I had left when I had completed 1/36th of the run. Told myself to do 4, stopped at 3.1, but then "made" myself finish an "Easy(pace-wise)4", and let it go. Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.

joel_maxwell

4 mile recovery run @9:29

After the 15 miles on Friday, this was supposed to be a 6 mile recovery run. Well, my mind and my body had other ideas. Didn't want to get started, and once I was started, I knew I was in trouble when I was calculating how long I had left when I had completed 1/36th of the run. Told myself to do 4, stopped at 3.1, but then "made" myself finish an "Easy(pace-wise)4", and let it go. Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.
I hate those days when you start saying, "Its ok if I only do 4 instead of 5."

Makes that full distance seem like twice as far.

scorp111

It's official, I have now registered for my first full marathon, December 3rd 2011 at the Memphis St. Jude Marathon.
188 days to get ready.
Tough to imagine running 26.2 right now, but than again 7 months ago, I would not have dreamed that I would run 15 miles on a Friday for no special reason either.

It won't be easy, but I will finish.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
14.25 miles plus 78 push-ups this morning.
17.17 miles plus 91 push-ups yesterday.
110.27 miles total for the week, Mon-Sunday. A new record high for me.

20 miler tomorrow before a pool party at my in-laws just a few mins away. Let the beer flow.

Cheers folks.

scorp111

20 miler tomorrow before a pool party at my in-laws just a few mins away. Let the beer flow.

Cheers folks.

And I worry about one 26 mile race :)

Incredible week Nick.

joel_maxwell

Cheers folks.
nice week Nick

It's official, I have now registered for my first full marathon, December 3rd 2011 at the Memphis St. Jude Marathon.
188 days to get ready.
Tough to imagine running 26.2 right now, but than again 7 months ago, I would not have dreamed that I would run 15 miles on a Friday for no special reason either.

It won't be easy, but I will finish.
:sohappy:

There you go. Now go for it. You will succeed

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
And I worry about one 26 mile race :)

Incredible week Nick.

Thanks Steve. I pushed myself hard this week. Your 26.2 marathon is my 50-100 ultra-marathon; but it's all relative, 26.2 is nothing to sneeze at, not by a long shot. Good luck with the rest of your training. If you're prepared you'll be fine. Keep posting those great splits!

scorp111

5 Miler from the new house @ 9:21 pace

90 Degrees with a heat index of 97 when I finished, so just glad to get it in. It was nice to jump in the garden jacuzzi tub when I got home. A bubbly ice bath rocks! First two miles were good, the next two tough, took a bath in a cold water fountain at a park with about a mile to go =) Met my first neighbor when I returned home. I am sure I looked a mess! 4 days until the family arrives with all of our belongings :)

Super happy because the next time I stay in a hotel, it will be on vacation!

joel_maxwell

Thanks Nick!

4 miles this am. The conditions were the same as Saturday and I was a little faster. 9:38 pace pushing Isabeau in the BOB.

It was fun and I wanted to go 5 miles, but I had to get back to get ready for an engagement that the other people ended up being late. Dang! I could have gotten that extra mile in. Live and learn with them.

dreamfinder

Did the Burlington marathon on Sunday. Worst race I have ever run. The race itself was great, amazing volunteers, fairly well organized, but I was 2 hours off my expected pace. Having to walk the last 8 miles from quad/calf/shin cramps is not how I planned to run the race. Admittedly they did throw up the red warning flag with respect to the heat at least once during the race but damn. Not at all pleased with myself.

joel_maxwell

Did the Burlington marathon on Sunday. Worst race I have ever run. The race itself was great, amazing volunteers, fairly well organized, but I was 2 hours off my expected pace. Having to walk the last 8 miles from quad/calf/shin cramps is not how I planned to run the race. Admittedly they did throw up the red warning flag with respect to the heat at least once during the race but damn. Not at all pleased with myself.
I know that feeling. I wasnt 2 hours off my expected time, but I know the cramping and the heat in Nashville.

Hate that for you. I know you are proud to at least finish it though.

dreamfinder

Hate that for you. I know you are proud to at least finish it though.

Not sure if it was pride or stubbornness, but yeah. Dragged my sorry behind across the finish line. Now I just need to figure out how to keep it from happening again. (And where else I can get another non-tropical marathon in before September 18th. Any suggestions?)

JillC LI

Congrats again Joel, and great picture of you and Isabeau. Now I know that if you and I were to ever go on a run together, I'd have to handicap you with a child-filled stroller for us to keep pace! :ROFLOL:

After the 15 miles on Friday, this was supposed to be a 6 mile recovery run. Well, my mind and my body had other ideas. Didn't want to get started, and once I was started, I knew I was in trouble when I was calculating how long I had left when I had completed 1/36th of the run. QUOTE]

Great job on that 15 miler day, Steve. And I was LOL at your calculations because I've certainly had those days of calculating how much further I had to go at the end of every block. Those runs really stink. But good for you for registering for that December marathon. Do you have a training program picked out yet?

Cheers folks.

Nice Nick. Hope the body is holding up well!

joel_maxwell

Congrats again Joel, and great picture of you and Isabeau. Now I know that if you and I were to ever go on a run together, I'd have to handicap you with a child-filled stroller for us to keep pace! :ROFLOL:
:D

Whatever works right. That would be fun and you would be entertained with all of what she sees and thinks is so funny. I wonder if this will make me run faster solo. I absolutely do not lean on the BOB at all. The only thing that I dont like it that I have to switch arms since only one can "swing" at a time for momentum. The other is getting worked like nobody's business stabilizing that BOB.

scorp111

But good for you for registering for that December marathon. Do you have a training program picked out yet?

Pretty sure I am going with Hal Higdon's Intermediate 1. I followed a slightly modified one from Hal for both my half's (Novice and then Intermediate).

I am adding a couple of weeks to the plan overall because I have two half marathons in the middle (one of which is purely a training run), and a week where I will be on a Disney Cruise, so don't want to expect much that week.

Today I ran from Smyrna to La Vergne TN and back.... or really just around the neighborhood. Apparently the subdivision connected to ours is actually in the town next door:shrug:

Just 4 miles @ 9:16 pace.
Nice after work 4 miles, to get May to my 2nd highest monthly total yet in 8 months of running @ 92 miles. Pretty pleased, since I am actually in between races, and won't really start my full marathon training until mid-July.

Oh and I am totally in this run with Joel handicapped with Isabeau and the BOB....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom