What did you do?

JillC LI

Pretty sure I am going with Hal Higdon's Intermediate 1. I followed a slightly modified one from Hal for both my half's (Novice and then Intermediate).

I am adding a couple of weeks to the plan overall because I have two half marathons in the middle (one of which is purely a training run), and a week where I will be on a Disney Cruise, so don't want to expect much that week.

Today I ran from Smyrna to La Vergne TN and back.... or really just around the neighborhood. Apparently the subdivision connected to ours is actually in the town next door:shrug:

Just 4 miles @ 9:16 pace.
Nice after work 4 miles, to get May to my 2nd highest monthly total yet in 8 months of running @ 92 miles. Pretty pleased, since I am actually in between races, and won't really start my full marathon training until mid-July.

Oh and I am totally in this run with Joel handicapped with Isabeau and the BOB....

Sounds like you're on top of it. I did your half-mile intervals run this morning for 3 miles alternating between sub-9 min pace and 10 min pace. I like that run. But it was disgustingly humid today, and I worked so hard that when I came in the door huffing and puffing and red in the face, my husband actually said "What happened to you?!"

We're all going to have to meet up for a run in Disney but insist that Joel brings Isabeau so we can stay together. Come to think of it, any chance we can get him to push his wife in that stroller so we'd actually have a chance of beating him?! :ROFLOL:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
16.25 miles and 91 push-ups yesterday.

16.33 miles and 104 push-ups this morning.

Getting hot in NJ, but the storm coming tonight should cool things down.

Cheers folks.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Wow nice work! Must be hard going without the arm action.
Thanks. It is a little strange Steve. You definitely have to switch arms. Your triceps get really really worked out stabilizing it. I dont run on a straight away or even a track. It is a very hilly neighborhood with plenty of 90 degree turns etc. It is never dull. :D I can tell my lower back gets tired faster.

Especially when you have attack cats (baiting Nick), LOL.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
16.25 miles and 91 push-ups yesterday.

16.33 miles and 104 push-ups this morning.

Getting hot in NJ, but the storm coming tonight should cool things down.

Cheers folks.
That a boy. Once my 9 day old daughter starts sleeping through the night, Im taking my 60 of 3 styles and bumping that up to 92. :cool:

scorp111

Sounds like you're on top of it. I did your half-mile intervals run this morning for 3 miles alternating between sub-9 min pace and 10 min pace. I like that run. But it was disgustingly humid today, and I worked so hard that when I came in the door huffing and puffing and red in the face, my husband actually said "What happened to you?!"
We're all going to have to meet up for a run in Disney but insist that Joel brings Isabeau so we can stay together. Come to think of it, any chance we can get him to push his wife in that stroller so we'd actually have a chance of beating him?! :ROFLOL:

Like it and like it :)

National Running Day today, so how could I not?
Just a quick 5K (for me) @ 27:08 or 8:43 per mile.

Despite it being 89 degrees when I finished this run at almost 8pm, a solid 5K for me. 1 second faster than my fastest race so far, and about 30 seconds slower than my fastest outdoor 5k in training.

With the heat, and 30+ miles in the last 6 days, I am ok with it. In better news, my foam roller arrives Friday ... and my wife and children Friday night :ROFLOL:

lpet11984

How'd the Koman 5K go?

It was great, but hot-- did my 5K in 30:32. Hydrated early and started out feeling like I needed to use the bathroom. By the time I was done though, I couldn't suck the water down fast enough.

Back after some software training at school and a Memorial Day trip to Seattle to visit family. I managed to get in some running in Seattle that felt great-- nice and cool with beautiful scenery. Yesterday I ran my longest distance yet though: 4 miles in just under 44:00. Felt really good and glad I was finally able to break that 5K mental barrier. Looking forward to continuing to add on to my mileage gradually- very exciting!

Not sure if anyone has ever tried the Nike+ app for iPhone, but it's awesome. I used it for the first time yesterday and like it much more than RunKeeper. Easy access to a forward button to change music, GPS works great, and I loved how you could post that you were running on Facebook, and anytime anyone "liked" it or commented, you instantly heard a cheer through your headphones! It was so cool to hear people cheering me on while I was running.

lpet11984

I
We got checked in to the hospital at 8pm. At 9:56 Rivers was born. :eek: Glad we didnt get in any traffic. That was quick. Rivers had to go to the NICU for 3 days for precautionary reasons but she informed them in the first 5 hours she was there that she didnt plan on staying long. She has champion lungs.

Congrats to you and your family!!!! :) So wonderful to hear your great news!! :sohappy:

JillC LI

That a boy. Once my 9 day old daughter starts sleeping through the night, Im taking my 60 of 3 styles and bumping that up to 92. :cool:

91 pushups. 92 pushups. Do I hear 93 anyone? :lol:

Started doing some initial research on speed training. One suggested run was to go all out for 100 meters and then recover for 30 seconds. Repeat a predetermined # of times. Sounds interesting. Now I just have to figure out how I'll know if I've gone 100 meters if I'm not on a track or treadmill. Will my Garmin tell me that? I've never used it that way, only for pace and overall time.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
We did our first sprint sessions.

4 x 100m with 60 seconds walk in between each.
4 x 400m with 60 seconds walk in between each.

Seemed a good workout to mix things up, and hopefully it will get us used to running a bit quicker.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Started doing some initial research on speed training. One suggested run was to go all out for 100 meters and then recover for 30 seconds. Repeat a predetermined # of times. Sounds interesting. Now I just have to figure out how I'll know if I've gone 100 meters if I'm not on a track or treadmill. Will my Garmin tell me that? I've never used it that way, only for pace and overall time.

You can use for the Garmin 305 to do this. I created a custom workout for it, and you can specify measuring distance or time as your parameter for each part of the workout.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
16.51 miles plus 104 push-ups this morning. Modified my Nathan race vest to carry even more water now...it's getting hot so I have to carry alot because my route is an out-and-back from my house. I love the extra 25 pounds of s--t i have to carry :hurl:

JillC LI

You can use for the Garmin 305 to do this. I created a custom workout for it, and you can specify measuring distance or time as your parameter for each part of the workout.

Really?! I never really taught myself the ins and outs of all the Garmin can do. I guess it's time to dig out the instructions and learn. I assume that when you create a custom program it beeps at you as you hit the various distances and times you've set? Do you create the program on the computer and then upload it, or do you plug it directly into the Garmin somehow? I can't wait to get home and figure this out.

Texas84

Trying to get back into my routine after the WDW trip. 30 minute jog today. And I do mean jog. Didn't want to overdo it with 99F temp and 80% humidity. Felt pretty good though.

scorp111

Ok, ok.... I will do 93... for the month :)

Rest day for me today, going to do 4 or 5 in the morning before the moving truck arrives and I spend the day directing them where to place the boxes.

scorp111

A Friday 4 miler through the neighborhood @ 9:20 overall.

3 miles at 9:30 and the final mile under 9. Legs are feeling the increase of mileage in the last 7-10 days, but nothing that my foam roller can't help.

Now time for coffee and breakfast, and then a quick conference call and directing the movers on where everything goes! Then tonight, THE FAMILY!!!!!! and my bed =)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Really?! I never really taught myself the ins and outs of all the Garmin can do. I guess it's time to dig out the instructions and learn. I assume that when you create a custom program it beeps at you as you hit the various distances and times you've set? Do you create the program on the computer and then upload it, or do you plug it directly into the Garmin somehow? I can't wait to get home and figure this out.

The custom programming part is my favorite feature of the 305 - it does it really well. Yep you do it on the PC then upload it (you can do it directly on the watch, but it is much easier on the PC). It beeps to tell you when to change as well as displaying the instruction on the screen.

Let me know if you have any problems, I'd be happy to help with the programming.

Ariel484

The custom programming part is my favorite feature of the 305 - it does it really well. Yep you do it on the PC then upload it (you can do it directly on the watch, but it is much easier on the PC). It beeps to tell you when to change as well as displaying the instruction on the screen.

Let me know if you have any problems, I'd be happy to help with the programming.

Yep...you can also do it directly on the watch. When you go to select what workout you want, choose Interval (as opposed to Quick and another one that I can't remember off the top of my head). Then you can choose your options from there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom