What did you do?

Ariel484

Finished the Cleveland Half-Marathon this morning. Still suffered from sinus problems due to the weather, but still finished in 1:34:20, which is still a PR. Despite the issues I had, I'm still happy with my run.

Nice job! :wave:

I also ran the Cleveland Half, finishing in 2:34:50 (about 1 minute ahead of the winner of the women's FULL :ROFLOL:). I am pretty pleased with my time. Loved the course...they have some kinks to work out, but I would definitely do this race again.

lpet11984

Nice job! :wave:

I also ran the Cleveland Half, finishing in 2:34:50 (about 1 minute ahead of the winner of the women's FULL :ROFLOL:). I am pretty pleased with my time. Loved the course...they have some kinks to work out, but I would definitely do this race again.

Congrats to you! Meant to ask before: How was the weather for you guys in Cleveland? Did it hold out? It's been terrible here in Michigan all weekend.

Ariel484

Congrats to you! Meant to ask before: How was the weather for you guys in Cleveland? Did it hold out? It's been terrible here in Michigan all weekend.

Thanks! :D

The weather was in the 50s with constant drizzle, a bit breezy...pretty nice race weather even with the drizzle. They were calling for constant rain, so I think we got pretty lucky. It has been cold and rainy since the end of the race. Blech!

JillC LI

And Jill, those 1/2 mile intervals definitely impacted my long run the next day, I do know that :)

Glad it wasn't just me.
I can definitely sense myself getting faster lately though. I've never worked for greater speed before, and the minimal, completely unorganized efforts I've made during the past 2 months or so have clearly had an effect since my "easy" runs are coming in a full minute per mile faster than they used to. I hope that when I finish reading all the books I've bought lately and put together a formal training plan for a 5K in the Fall that I will be able to reach my goal pace.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Just under 80 miles last week. Still in Seattle, and did a quick 13.17 miles this morning around Elliott Bay.
Tricerahops DIPA now in the local pub.
Cheers folks.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Man, it feels like I havent been here in forever. Sam is due any day and I have been so busy at the house, I have been getting my runs in, but havent had time to post... even at work.

4 miles yesterday. Felt great. 8:01 pace.

I didnt get a chance to push my daughter around the neighborhood in the Bob this weekend, so ill try again in a few days. An extra 30 pounds will be interesting.

JillC LI

Man, it feels like I havent been here in forever. Sam is due any day and I have been so busy at the house, I have been getting my runs in, but havent had time to post... even at work.

4 miles yesterday. Felt great. 8:01 pace.

I didnt get a chance to push my daughter around the neighborhood in the Bob this weekend, so ill try again in a few days. An extra 30 pounds will be interesting.

What an exciting time for you! We'll forgive you for not posting regularly. But we do want to know when the big event occurs! Will the gender be a surprise or do you know already?

4 miles for me. Easy pace. Enjoying the earlier daylight to get in my pre-work runs outdoors instead of on the treadmill.

joel_maxwell

What an exciting time for you! We'll forgive you for not posting regularly. But we do want to know when the big event occurs! Will the gender be a surprise or do you know already?

4 miles for me. Easy pace. Enjoying the earlier daylight to get in my pre-work runs outdoors instead of on the treadmill.
Now I like hearing this. Good for you.

We are having another girl. :D Rivers Maxwell will be here soon. If all else fails, Ill get masteryoda (Richard) to post in here for me. 3 years ago, he did the same when Isabeau was born. He wouldnt mind at all.

Texas84

OK, I'm back at it after a week in Orlando. It was a cool damp 65F after work today and felt great! Unfortunately I forgot my Garmin so I don't know how fast I was. :hammer:

Countdown to F&W is on! :sohappy:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer

We are having another girl. :D Rivers Maxwell will be here soon. If all else fails, Ill get masteryoda (Richard) to post in here for me. 3 years ago, he did the same when Isabeau was born. He wouldnt mind at all.

Keep us posted on "Rivers!" Love the name!
13.25 miles this morning around Elliott Bay in Seattle. My mileage is suffering while "vacation-ing" but back to ultra-training on Thursday: 30-40 miler.
Lots of beers...Cheers folks.

fmingo36

Nick--enjoy your time in Seattle. The weather is ultra-crappy in NJ and will be the rest of the week. Definitely not good weather to go running. You might have better luck getting a swim in. :lol:

joel_maxwell

Keep us posted on "Rivers!" Love the name!
13.25 miles this morning around Elliott Bay in Seattle. My mileage is suffering while "vacation-ing" but back to ultra-training on Thursday: 30-40 miler.
Lots of beers...Cheers folks.
Thanks Nick. I like it a lot too.

I sure will. Enjoy the beers and the weather (see above).

3 Miles tonight. 8 minute pace. Felt really good even though my heart said 7:30 pace, my tired legs said 8 minute pace. We could have at least compromised at 7:45. :lol:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I did my personal best on a 5k today with a 8:00 minute pace. I was really pushing towards the end to get the pace under 8, but it wasn't to be. Still my best though, so very pleased about that.

joel_maxwell

I did my personal best on a 5k today with a 8:00 minute pace. I was really pushing towards the end to get the pace under 8, but it wasn't to be. Still my best though, so very pleased about that.
WOW. :sohappy: Very nice Steve. Keep up the good work and you wil take my position as resident speedster.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Dang right it will. Good job again. Keep up the good work.

Hey, I cant recall, did you ever get a 305?

Yep I got the 305. Love it. So good for the distant measuring and pacing. Only slight problem (well not sure if its really a problem), is that it makes me want to beat my times everytime I go out. Seeing the numbers right there on your wrist makes it hard to resist.

JillC LI

I love the names you two have picked. So unique. Are they/will they be named after anyone special or did you come up with the names yourselves?

That's fantastic Steve! I'm hoping to get to 9:00 min/mile pace this year for a 5K, but we shall see.

As for what I did today? Plan to do 4 miles later with some fartlekking - hopefully the rain will hold off.

joel_maxwell

Yep I got the 305. Love it. So good for the distant measuring and pacing. Only slight problem (well not sure if its really a problem), is that it makes me want to beat my times everytime I go out. Seeing the numbers right there on your wrist makes it hard to resist.
Yes, I wouldnt say that is a problem, but you can become a little OCD about it. I run without my watch at least 1 or 2 times a week.

I love the names you two have picked. So unique. Are they/will they be named after anyone special or did you come up with the names yourselves?
[thread drift]
Thanks Jill. Isabeau's name actually came from an old movie called LadyHawke. The funny thing is, when I told masteryoda (Richard) 4 years ago over email, that it came from the movie Ladyhawke, he knew exactly what it was. A lot of people pronounce it incorrectly. Isabeau technically be pronounced e-sa-bo. Here in the south, that turns into is-a-bo. We get a lot of is-a-boo. To be honest, I just cant understand why since "beau" is pronounced "bo". Oh well, that is what we get. :lol:

Rivers is not a family name either. We are not traditional in that regard. My mom was not happy, but it is the only time you get to name something besides the family dog/cat so Im not sacrificing that for a family name I dont like. Sorry Mom.

middle names:
Isabeau Sylvia
Rivers Genevieve

[/thread drift]

scorp111

Great job Steve!

One day I want to get there.

4 miles today @ 8:50 pace. Some hills tossed in good measure. I am in Kennesaw GA for the night, and found a local greenway trail through a pretty urban office park area. Works for me. Might try to squeeze another something in tomorrow morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom