What did you do?

scorp111

A quick (for me) 5k this morning on the same greenway.

Might be my fastest 5K ever in training, I know it is faster than I have completed a 5K race. It was definitely not negative splits though, as I Started off strong at 8:12, followed with 8:32 and 8:50 before the final .1 in :50.

Still have a ways to go to get sub 26 or sub 25 which I would like to do someday =)
Hope everybody has a good Thursday, only 1 more wake-up!

JillC LI

Isabeau Sylvia
Rivers Genevieve

[/thread drift]

Very cool names. Sorry for the thread drift.

4 miles on treadmill alternating 1/3 mile increments at 9 min (usually this is very fast for me) and 10 min to recover. Interestingly, the 9 min pace didn't feel too hard this time. Perhaps I have to start going faster than that for that distance interval. I've still got to figure this whole interval thing out better. But I will say that overall I'm running faster and stronger than I ever have which is pretty cool at age 42. Maybe I really am "mastering" this sport! :ROFLOL: (sorry, couldn't resist)

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Back from Seattle, WA.

15.25 miles this morning on my home turf in NJ.

Seattle offered:
-INSANE hills (suburb, Woodinville, WA.)
-Great views of Elliott Bay (downtown Seattle)
-Lots of homeless people...

I got to run alot more than I expected and kicked back alot of local IPAs to match. Back to my ultra-training.

Cheers folks.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Very cool names. Sorry for the thread drift.

4 miles on treadmill alternating 1/3 mile increments at 9 min (usually this is very fast for me) and 10 min to recover. Interestingly, the 9 min pace didn't feel too hard this time. Perhaps I have to start going faster than that for that distance interval. I've still got to figure this whole interval thing out better. But I will say that overall I'm running faster and stronger than I ever have which is pretty cool at age 42. Maybe I really am "mastering" this sport! :ROFLOL: (sorry, couldn't resist)
You are just getting wiser. I think my peak will be in my early 40's. Im 35 now. With all this experience, it can only get better.

I hit my goal today and busted into the sub 8 min pace. I did a 5K at 7:45 min - very happy with that.
HOLY COW. Nice job Steve. That is the way to do it. Major confidence now huh.

Ok, that is it. Im stepping up my game to remain the resident speedster (so says Nick) :lol: I have major competition now.

Great job Steve!

One day I want to get there.

4 miles today @ 8:50 pace. Some hills tossed in good measure. I am in Kennesaw GA for the night, and found a local greenway trail through a pretty urban office park area. Works for me. Might try to squeeze another something in tomorrow morning.
You are so close. Just keep pushing and you will break that 8 minute pace very soon. Granted, with the climate down south, it will be extra challenging, but so will the rewards. Good luck.

joel_maxwell

3 miles tonight. Nice maintenance schedule right now. I think it was about an 8:30 pace. As I told Steve yesterday, today was my day to run with no watch.

Just me and the pavement. Trying to do 4 runs a week. A 3, 4, 4 and a 5.

Push ups afterwards, 20/20/20.

No Baby Rivers Maxwell yet.

scorp111

3 miles tonight. Nice maintenance schedule right now. I think it was about an 8:30 pace. As I told Steve yesterday, today was my day to run with no watch.

Just me and the pavement. Trying to do 4 runs a week. A 3, 4, 4 and a 5.

Push ups afterwards, 20/20/20.

No Baby Rivers Maxwell yet.

Nicely done as well.

I am "maintaining" too, until July when I will really start training for my full in December, and my back to back halves in Early October. Trying to do 3-4 runs per week, and somewhere around 20 miles per week.

I have a 2 week vacation out West in Mid-June, that I am sure will cause some missed runs. But then again since we are doing our own little Rocky Mountain National Park, Grand Teton, and Yellowstone tour, I am sure I will find some places and days to run.

joel_maxwell

Nicely done as well.

I am "maintaining" too, until July when I will really start training for my full in December, and my back to back halves in Early October. Trying to do 3-4 runs per week, and somewhere around 20 miles per week.

I have a 2 week vacation out West in Mid-June, that I am sure will cause some missed runs. But then again since we are doing our own little Rocky Mountain National Park, Grand Teton, and Yellowstone tour, I am sure I will find some places and days to run.
Wow. Excellent places. I cant imagine running there. Be careful of the wildlife.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
HOLY COW. Nice job Steve. That is the way to do it. Major confidence now huh.

Ok, that is it. Im stepping up my game to remain the resident speedster (so says Nick) :lol: I have major competition now.

LOL I wouldn't worry just yet! I don't think I'll be challenging your title!

It is really good to get into the 7s. It seemed unobtainable a little while ago, and it is certainly tough going to do it, but like you say, it is a confidence booster to know it's in the locker. :)

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer

There you go Joel, nothing like some friendly competition to keep you on your game. You'll always be the original "Flash" on these boards though!

15.33 miles this morning. My blood sugar dropped like an old man down the stairs, around mile 3. Nothing changed in my diet, so perhaps just a fluke. My runs have been awful for the first few miles as of late; headaches, lead-legs, fatigue, etc...After that, I'm fine. Experimenting with new gear as well. I've hung up my Nathan vest in favor of the Salomon XT advanced skin 5, which fits better, but not as user-friendly as the Nathan Endurance. Trying Amphipod stuff too.

A few small races this summer, including a solo 50 mile ultra in August. But the big guns I'm training for are the WDW Goofy Challenge 2012, The NJ 100 ultra 2012 (no DNF @ 50mi this time!), and...waiting for Joel, Dave, Coryna, Jill, and Steve's mouths to drop...The McNaughton 200 mile ultramarathon in Vermont, 2012. Yeah, I'll let that one sink in...:D

Beer, now. Cheers folks.

joel_maxwell

There you go Joel, nothing like some friendly competition to keep you on your game. You'll always be the original "Flash" on these boards though!

15.33 miles this morning. My blood sugar dropped like an old man down the stairs, around mile 3. Nothing changed in my diet, so perhaps just a fluke. My runs have been awful for the first few miles as of late; headaches, lead-legs, fatigue, etc...After that, I'm fine. Experimenting with new gear as well. I've hung up my Nathan vest in favor of the Salomon XT advanced skin 5, which fits better, but not as user-friendly as the Nathan Endurance. Trying Amphipod stuff too.

A few small races this summer, including a solo 50 mile ultra in August. But the big guns I'm training for are the WDW Goofy Challenge 2012, The NJ 100 ultra 2012 (no DNF @ 50mi this time!), and...waiting for Joel, Dave, Coryna, Jill, and Steve's mouths to drop...The McNaughton 200 mile ultramarathon in Vermont, 2012. Yeah, I'll let that one sink in...:D

Beer, now. Cheers folks.
If you think that is impressive, run that 4189 more times and you would be to the moon. :rolleyes:

:lol: Totally Kidding. Seriously dude, if you complete that, Ill buy you tons o beers. If I cant do it in person, Ill ship a bunch of awesome local brews up to you in celebration.

Weird about the first couple of miles thing. Although, that is normal for me usually. My Saturday early morning long runs were never like that, but all afternoon runs are.

JillC LI

I hit my goal today and busted into the sub 8 min pace. I did a 5K at 7:45 min - very happy with that.

Way cool, Steve, way cool! 7 miles for me today at 9:42 min pace. Not bad at all for me. Felt smooth and strong.

and...waiting for Joel, Dave, Coryna, Jill, and Steve's mouths to drop...The McNaughton 200 mile ultramarathon in Vermont, 2012. Yeah, I'll let that one sink in...:D

You are friggin crazy, man. CRAZY!!!!!! More power to ya!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
If you think that is impressive, run that 4189 more times and you would be to the moon. :rolleyes:

:lol: Totally Kidding. Seriously dude, if you complete that, Ill buy you tons o beers. If I cant do it in person, Ill ship a bunch of awesome local brews up to you in celebration.Weird about the first couple of miles thing. Although, that is normal for me usually. My Saturday early morning long runs were never like that, but all afternoon runs are.

I like the following:
-Stone Arrogant ______________ (oak aged)
-Stone Ruination
-River Horse Hop-A-Lot-Amus
-Moylan's Hopsickle
-Dogfish Head 90 min and 120 min
Delivered in person at the finish line so I can finally shake your hand, brother.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Way cool, Steve, way cool! 7 miles for me today at 9:42 min pace. Not bad at all for me. Felt smooth and strong.

You are friggin crazy, man. CRAZY!!!!!! More power to ya!

Jill, you sound like my wife :lol: Now if you can just put your head in your hands, and slowly rock back and forth cursing under your breath...:D

lpet11984

Congrats! That's fabulous! :sohappy:

Seattle offered:
-INSANE hills (suburb, Woodinville, WA.)
-Great views of Elliott Bay (downtown Seattle)
-Lots of homeless people...

Good to know what Seattle has to offer... headed there for Memorial Day weekend. Not sure what the specific suburb of Seattle will offer us during our stay, but it sounds pretty nice (with the sad exception of the homeless people).

Ran two days in a row for the first time on Wednesday and yesterday- 3.3mi in 36:00 on Wed, and 2.0 miles yesterday in 21:36. Now that I've hit the 5K mark, I think it might be a good first step to try building up my per week mileage... going to try running 4 days a week, then 5 later on. Figure if I can run some consecutive days, that will help build up some endurance. Any other tips from any of you amazing gurus on making the transition from the 5K to longer distances, as always, are greatly appreciated from this newbie. ;) Up for tomorrow: Komen Race for the Cure 5K in Detroit.

scorp111

10K in 58:42 (9:27 per mile)

First 4 miles were sub 9, mile 5 blew, and then finished ok.

Last time I ran this greenway was in 2 months ago, and I did 8 miles in 10:18 per mile, so today definitely went better than that.

Pretty flat with a couple of decent climbs around 400 feet in total elevation gain.

AUPr8Hd

I'm registered for PeachTree Road Race on July 4th and not looking forward to Cardiac Hill. So, I decided to test out the hills of Montgomery this morning for the annual Jubilee CityFest 8k.

Weather was cloudy with temps hovering around 68-70*. Unfortunately, humidity was high around 89%. Finish time of 54:40 (watch) or 54:56 (clock). Overall the run wasn't too bad. The hills were challenging at times. But, the worst part had to be the camber of the roads through the residential portion.

If you want to see the course and/or elevation, hit the link below

http://www.usatf.org/routes/view.asp?rID=111417

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom