What did you do?

fmingo36

4 miles this morning on the treadmill. Really wished I could have run outside. What a beautiful day here in NJ!
Still have an hour of weight training class to get through tonight.

JillC LI

Four miles outdoors this morning. Because the hubby is still home recuperating, I was able to run outdoors before the kids left for school instead of being forced to use the treadmill like I usually do. Nice sunny, mid-50s weather with a breeze. :cool:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I think I might try and push my daughter (26 pounds) around on some short 3-4 mile runs this month and see if she likes it. We have a Revolutionary Bob stroller. It is amazing. Love that thing. I just have to see if she is able to sit still long enough. That girl is busy busy.

Here is what it looks like. http://www.bobgear.com/revolutionSE

The front wheel can be fixed or rotate. I wish someone would push me around in it for a few miles. :D

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
15.25 miles this morning and 39 pushups throughout the run. Pretty much an 8:30/min pace the entire way.

Needless to say (even though you have all dubbed me, "The Machine"), I am tired. I have taken ONE rest day since March 20th, the day after my ultra-marathon. Since March 16th, I have added up, just under, 600 miles with 87.72 miles last week.

Regardless, I keep going. Pain, work, time, house-chores, family obligations, etc...If I have to get up at 2am to run in order to have time for my other obligations, it's done. So, to all the newbies who have chimed-in in the past few weeks/months, don't give up.

2 Dogfish Head 90 Min IPAs down...Cheers folks.

dreamfinder

Needless to say (even though you have all dubbed me, "The Machine"), I am tired. I have taken ONE rest day since March 20th, the day after my ultra-marathon. Since March 16th, I have added up, just under, 600 miles with 87.72 miles last week.

How many pairs of shoes have you gone through during this time period?

JillC LI

Regardless, I keep going. Pain, work, time, house-chores, family obligations, etc...If I have to get up at 2am to run in order to have time for my other obligations, it's done. So, to all the newbies who have chimed-in in the past few weeks/months, don't give up.

Don't you think maybe you'd be stronger if you gave your body one day off to rest and rebuild each week? Perhaps cross-train on that day? :shrug: I worry about you.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Don't you think maybe you'd be stronger if you gave your body one day off to rest and rebuild each week? Perhaps cross-train on that day? :shrug: I worry about you.

You're right Jill, I might be stronger, but I push through the pain; not always a good idea. I hate cross-training. I do my push-ups through-out or post run, but it just doesn't get my head in the right place like running does.
Leaving for a few days out of state, and that will def impact my running schedule. I might have to take a day or two off because of travel and such...which I am absolutely dreading.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
My 30 miler turned into a 15.33 miler this morning. I planned on an out and back, 2 laps, from my house, but when I hit 15 miles (back around my block), my right LCL started with me again...flashbacks to my ultra in March. I got to 1/3 of another mile and turned back home, taped an ice pack to my knee and mowed the lawn. Oh well, 15.33 miles is nothing to shake a stick at I suppose.

Cheers folks.

lpet11984

Just wanted to thank everyone again for all your insight- Everest Challenge went great. Did the 5K in about 33:00. Felt great the whole time too- didn't even get sore. Maybe it was all the adrenaline in my system. Either way, Everest is a pretty sweet ride at night, even sweeter after getting the medal. :D

ry%3D315

(I'm the shorter one on the right.)

Today I ran for the first time since Saturday night and quickly discovered just how much more difficult it is to run in heat. It was about 83 degrees and sunny, and I made 2 miles at my 11:00/mile pace before I had to stop. Looks like I'll have to try running a little later in the evenings from now on.

joel_maxwell

Just wanted to thank everyone again for all your insight- Everest Challenge went great. Did the 5K in about 33:00. Felt great the whole time too- didn't even get sore. Maybe it was all the adrenaline in my system. Either way, Everest is a pretty sweet ride at night, even sweeter after getting the medal. :D

ry%3D315

(I'm the shorter one on the right.)

Today I ran for the first time since Saturday night and quickly discovered just how much more difficult it is to run in heat. It was about 83 degrees and sunny, and I made 2 miles at my 11:00/mile pace before I had to stop. Looks like I'll have to try running a little later in the evenings from now on.
Excellent job in the race. I was just talking to my wife Sam the other night about doing the EC one day. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Great picture too. Thanks for sharing. Glad you saw AK at night. I love the lighting package. One of the best on property. I ran through AK during the Wine and Dine and I almost stopped to walk to absorb the atmosphere. Almost. ;)

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
ry%3D315

Bling makes everything sweeter! Nice Job!

scorp111

Great job!

And yes, heat can be tough. Just adjust your pace and expectations, stay hydrated, and run early or late.....and daydream about the fall....:)

joel_maxwell

Heat Adjustment Chart from Jeff Galloway
Assuming an 8 minute pace would be the following:
55-60 degrees - 1% - 8:05
60-65 degrees - 3% - 8:15
65-70 degrees - 5% - 8:25
70-75 degrees - 7% - 8:35
75-80 degrees - 12% - 8:58
80-85 degrees - 20% - 9:35
Above 85 degrees - Forget it... run for fun

For the most part, this is dead on. Some of the lower conversion isnt to accurate with me (maybe a few second differ), but when you get up to 75-90 degrees, adding a 1:35 per mile average is correct.

anc33

That kills running in Florida for about 8 months of the year.

Unless of course you do all your running in the dark.

I actually started running in late May of last year. I was borderline obese and completely out of shape. I would "run" 3-4 afternoons after work all throughout the summer. I remember one very hot (100+) afternoon where I recognized some early signs of heat exhaustion. Called my husband at had him pick me up. At the time I put most of the blame on my weight and conditioning but now I know it was just too darn hot. With highs in the low 90s now, which is almost unbearable, I don't know how I handled the hot weather before. I am going to try and start running after 8PM.

joel_maxwell

That kills running in Florida for about 8 months of the year.

Unless of course you do all your running in the dark.

I actually started running in late May of last year. I was borderline obese and completely out of shape. I would "run" 3-4 afternoons after work all throughout the summer. I remember one very hot (100+) afternoon where I recognized some early signs of heat exhaustion. Called my husband at had him pick me up. At the time I put most of the blame on my weight and conditioning but now I know it was just too darn hot. With highs in the low 90s now, which is almost unbearable, I don't know how I handled the hot weather before. I am going to try and start running after 8PM.
Me living in Birmingham, June, July August and most of September is 90 and 95+. It is hard, but I fought through it. I know it is hard, but Im not giving up on my running. I dont encourage anyone to do it since it is mildly reckless, but at the same time, I high five those that do.

Just be safe. Lots of fluids. I take my water belt on 3 mile runs. Never leave home without it in the summer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom