What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Five around Murfreesboro

Fastest Five ever for me. (8:49 per mile) Great conditions - low 50's and no rain.
3 days removed from the half marathon, I will definitely take it. Cruised for the first couple of miles, and then realized I could average less than 9 min per mile for 5 if I just kept it going. So I did.
Splits:
1 00:08:35
2 00:09:15
3 00:08:57
4 00:08:39
5 00:08:41

Decent splits Steve!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
The Salomon vest is freakin awsome. All black? Yeah, I'm just accustomed to it. If I wear shorts, I have calf compression sleeves on too.

Dude, go for the 4 pod Nathan. You can't go wrong. It will out last you, and it's worth the few extra bucks. Fuel Belt also makes a decent 4 pod version, but I'm partial to Nathan because of the durability. Also, don't discount the Nathan handheld (the elite version which I couple with my pack), or a hydration vest. Nathan, Salomon, Northface or Camelbak ( I actually have a Camelbak bladder in the Nathan vest) are all great choices. If you want my 2 pod fuel belt I'd be happy to give it to you. I only wore it on a few long trainging runs, but I washed it after each use. Let me know on FB.
I appreciate the offer, but my 2 pod belt is fine. I just wonder if I need a 4 pod for summer. Probably not. Ill take your rec though on the Nathan products. When I do need to replace my cheapo belt, Ill get a nathan.

Ran another 5K, new route. 35:42. Wishing I could build up a little speed now, but thinking that should probably wait until after Saturday's event, as I don't want to injure myself. How does one go about building speed? Can you work on speed and endurance at the same time, or do you usually have to focus on one or the other?
Try some sprints. If you dont like that, try some tempo work.

Yes, dont try anything new this week before an event. I have made that mistake. Very sore.

Five around Murfreesboro

Fastest Five ever for me. (8:49 per mile) Great conditions - low 50's and no rain.
3 days removed from the half marathon, I will definitely take it. Cruised for the first couple of miles, and then realized I could average less than 9 min per mile for 5 if I just kept it going. So I did.
Splits:
1 00:08:35
2 00:09:15
3 00:08:57
4 00:08:39
5 00:08:41
Nice Job Steve!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I appreciate the offer, but my 2 pod belt is fine. I just wonder if I need a 4 pod for summer. Probably not. Ill take your rec though on the Nathan products. When I do need to replace my cheapo belt, Ill get a nathan.

You won't be disappointed with the Nathan stuff!

13.23miles this morning in HEAVY down-pours; my absolute favorite conditions for running. Mud/sand puddles, sheets of rain, and no one but me on the boardwalk.
Getting back to my 13+ daily miles, and a long run tomorrow or Friday, maybe 26-30 miles.

Cheers folks.

JillC LI

Good idea about the journal. Ill write up some stuff tonight. Here are a few pics. Sorry for the small thumbnails, but I dont buy the real photos. Way to expensive.
View attachment 27032
Beat Down.
View attachment 27033
Soaked from just pouring water over my head. Say "Im exhausted".
View attachment 27034
View attachment 27035
View attachment 27036
32K+ Runners. only a little over 4,000 ran the full.

Great photos! I couldn't help but spring for the $100 photo CD after my NYC marathon. Just had to have that Finish Line photo, and I couldn't copy the thumbnails :)

Today was a 19:30 5k. Woot! New PR, albeit on a treadmill.

I can only hold a 6:30-7:00/min pace for a 5k at max.

And here I am praying for a sub-28 min 5K this Fall if I work hard enough! :lol:

MKCP 1985

32K+ Runners. only a little over 4,000 ran the full.

I found similar percentages at the Mardi Gras marathon - resulting in my finish percentages for the full marathon looking really bad when compared to finish percentage for almost exactly the same finish time at Disney.

Moral of that story: If you are a casual marathonner (is there such a thing? If so, that's what I am), there will be more people like you at Disney than at a more competitive marathon event.

I guess that if I am going to continue to run full marathons, I am going to need to work significantly harder to cut some serious minutes off my finish time in order to fully enjoy the post-race activities! :lol:

joel_maxwell

I found similar percentages at the Mardi Gras marathon - resulting in my finish percentages for the full marathon looking really bad when compared to finish percentage for almost exactly the same finish time at Disney.

Moral of that story: If you are a casual marathonner (is there such a thing? If so, that's what I am), there will be more people like you at Disney than at a more competitive marathon event.

I guess that if I am going to continue to run full marathons, I am going to need to work significantly harder to cut some serious minutes off my finish time in order to fully enjoy the post-race activities! :lol:
There seemed to be a lot of people that were there for serious outcomes in the Full. Granted I was, but that was personal. Not saying that if you have the gear you are serious, I just know that most casual runners dont fork out the money for compression calf sleeves, Injinji socks and those shoes they dont sell in stores.

I need that Disney Full to pad my stats. :lol:

dreamfinder

And here I am praying for a sub-28 min 5K this Fall if I work hard enough! :lol:

Nothing wrong with that goal. I started off around that same point, just wanting to finish in under 30 minutes. 6 years of running at least 5 days a week and god knows how many miles later thats the result.

scorp111

Happy Cinco De Mayo everyone !

Guess I should have run 5 on 5/5. I didn't :)
4 miles this morning, running away from my Blackberry :eek:

About 40 degrees... ahhhh :D
Splits:
1 00:08:49
2 00:09:07
3 00:08:53
4 00:08:22

joel_maxwell

Happy Cinco De Mayo everyone !

Guess I should have run 5 on 5/5. I didn't :)
4 miles this morning, running away from my Blackberry :eek:

About 40 degrees... ahhhh :D
Splits:
1 00:08:49
2 00:09:07
3 00:08:53
4 00:08:22
Love seeing this. Nice job. When your last mile is your fastest, that is a great thing to maintain. Finish strong.

Love 40 degree runs. I might go first am tomorrow.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
13.33 miles this morning. Solid 3 consecutive days of half marathons after a full on Sunday. Had to wear my old Sauconys because my new ones were still drenched from yesterday.
Nice even splits.
Beer and grading final term papers now... Lots of F's.
Cheers.

lpet11984

Try some sprints. If you dont like that, try some tempo work.

Yes, dont try anything new this week before an event. I have made that mistake. Very sore.

Thanks for the suggestions- will have to try that next week.

Today's run: 3.11 miles, 32:35, avg pace: 10:22/mi. In spite of telling myself to just run the run, I ended up running faster anyway.... wondering if it's because I was finally able to shed some of they layers- beautiful afternoon here in metro-Detroit! My actual time elapsed from start to finish was more like 35:00 though- had to stop for a couple minutes to stretch out a killer side stitch after mile 2. However, mile 3 was my fastest pace yet. Either way, I'm ready- bring on Everest! :-D Flying down tomorrow after work, ready to conquer my mountain Saturday! Here's to graduating C25K! :)

joel_maxwell

13.33 miles this morning. Solid 3 consecutive days of half marathons after a full on Sunday. Had to wear my old Sauconys because my new ones were still drenched from yesterday.
Nice even splits.
Beer and grading final term papers now... Lots of F's.
Cheers.
Come on Nick, go easy on them. I would want to be graded last. The more AB's in you, the better the grade eh?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Come on Nick, go easy on them. I would want to be graded last. The more AB's in you, the better the grade eh?

You would think that would've been the case, however, it was just the opposite yesterday. The ABs were making me an AB I suppose! Well, even though the students in that particular class are not art-majors (Art History-non-art majors), it's college, you should be able to write a proper paper :mad:

Anyway, 14.15 miles this morning. My splits were a little scattered; 7:30-9:30
13 pushups at the 7 mile mark at this one pavilion and another 13 back at home.

Cheers everyone.

joel_maxwell

You would think that would've been the case, however, it was just the opposite yesterday. The ABs were making me an AB I suppose! Well, even though the students in that particular class are not art-majors (Art History-non-art majors), it's college, you should be able to write a proper paper :mad:

Anyway, 14.15 miles this morning. My splits were a little scattered; 7:30-9:30
13 pushups at the 7 mile mark at this one pavilion and another 13 back at home.

Cheers everyone.
This is true. Give'm hell Nick.

I have implemented your push-up method at the end of my exercises. I do 20 regular, 20 wide and 20 diamond push-ups.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
This is true. Give'm hell Nick.

I have implemented your push-up method at the end of my exercises. I do 20 regular, 20 wide and 20 diamond push-ups.

Ok, I see how it is my friend...now I will be doing 100 push-ups after each run on top of my 90+ mile weeks :D ...you're killing me Joel.

joel_maxwell

Ok, I see how it is my friend...now I will be doing 100 push-ups after each run on top of my 90+ mile weeks :D ...you're killing me Joel.
:lol:

Im just making you better. Robo Nick has to be a BMF in all areas.

What's a diamond pushup?
Put your hands together on the floor so your index fingers are touching and your thumbs are touching below that. Then, do a push up so that your "diamond" hits your chest. They are also called Heart to Heart. They are very difficult since they rely on your triceps. My triceps have always been a strong suit for me. I love those type push ups.

joel_maxwell

3 miles tonight. Easy 8:30 pace. Getting my legs back under me.

For the first time in 24 weeks, I dont have a training run on saturday morning at 5am. Cheers everyone. Im pouring some vino. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom