What did you do?

Phonedave

I love stats too, but certain stats. I dont care about how many people this and that, I love stats like How many bolts are in the Brooklyn Bridge and/or how many gallons of rocket fuel the shuttle burns per second on lift off. Stuff like that. Love it.

I assistant coach a girls softball team. I keep the book at the games. One of the things I love to do is keep the stats on the other teams players.

When we play them again, I'll flip through the back games I have in the book, and then I'll call out something like "Heads up second base, she will be hitting it to you". Then the batter lines one to second. Then they ask me "how did you know that"

It's 5th and 6th grade girls, so they are old enough to have developed tendencies but are not skilled enough yet to try and overcome them and place the ball where they want to.

-dave

JillC LI

While I am a stat junkie - not just in running, but in lots of things, I don't think that makes me OCD. It's just something I like to do. If I don't do it, it does not bother me a whit.

I have come to the conclusion that I must be anti-OCD. Growing up, my mother gave me a nickname - David "I don't give a s___"

-dave

Hey Dave. I certainly didn't mean to imply that anyone who is interested in stats has OCD. I just meant that having OCD lends itself to being overly concerned about stats. I love your nickname! I've noticed that the older I get, the less of a s___ I give about certain things. :lol:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
12 miles this am. 1:42:28. Didnt want to run to hard since Hal Higdon said for this week, not to run to fast because I would counter act the purpose of the long run. Stay out there so your body learns endurance.

Nice run this am. My legs are super worn out. I need to get them back under me.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
13.21 miles this morning. I am not liking the NE winds or this ever-changing NJ weather.

Legs felt good. Experimenting with different gels now. I was a Honey Stinger-only kind of guy, but I'm trying new things.

NJ Marathon on May 1st and possibly a 100k Ultra on August 13th.

Have a great weekend, and CHEERS (as I crack open an IPA with my bottle-opener-ring...I'm such a tool:D)

joel_maxwell

13.21 miles this morning. I am not liking the NE winds or this ever-changing NJ weather.

Legs felt good. Experimenting with different gels now. I was a Honey Stinger-only kind of guy, but I'm trying new things.

NJ Marathon on May 1st and possibly a 100k Ultra on August 13th.

Have a great weekend, and CHEERS (as I crack open an IPA with my bottle-opener-ring...I'm such a tool:D)
I had a 20+ head wind, uphill both ways this morning. ed me off.

:eek: I dont know about that Nick. Which ones? :lookaroun

Today I ran 6 miles before I ran in the Old Oak 5k in Middleburg Heights followed by an additional 3 miles. All together I ran 12 miles.
Nice job!

AUPr8Hd

Good to see all the activity of everyone. Plus, the addition of new members joining the discussions :)

Running has been pretty lackluster for me lately. :( But, I'm back in the game now and rebuilding my base. I ran a 5k yesterday in just over 33:00. It's a good start for my 10k training for the Peachtree Road Race in ATL on July 4th. I'm hoping it's not hot enough for :fork:

Today, I registered for Wine&Dine. I'm hoping to see positive changes from this race, as I hope to make this an annual run for a few years.

Texas84

7.4 miles this AM. Beautiful morning. 49F & sunny at the start. Had a really good zone going. Could have went right through my walk breaks but didn't. Knees were a little wobbly but they held up.

Disneydreamer23

well no running for me today its 10 am here in chicago woke up at 8 cleaned my house and walked my dogs waiting for my fiance to wake up go we can go to this killer buffet by our house!!

scorp111

12 Miles @ 9:55 per....

Longest run in 9 weeks, and my legs noticed :) First 8 miles were good, last 4, all over the place. Happy overall though, because I just haven't had the time to run as much as I would have liked before the Country Music Half in two weeks with the move and work.

This is just a completion race for me.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
12 miles for us this morning - another great day for it. Since starting running I have a whole new level of respect for the London Marathon runners that went today - just over 2 hours - wow.

lpet11984

Hi everyone! New to the thread and to running in general, but finally feel like I've accomplished something worth posting (at least as far as my progress is concerned!).

I've been working with C25K for a while, and yesterday for the first time, was able to run for 25 min with no breaks (W6D3). 2.75 miles in 35:00, with the 5 minute walk warm-up and 5 min cool down. Fastest pace was 9:18/mile. It's not much in the scheme of things, but for this gal who used to have a lot of trouble doing any kind of running, it just felt GOOD. At the time I felt like I could've kept going, but my legs today are just sore enough that I'm glad I didn't push myself too far. I've been training for the E:E Adventure in just under three weeks and am feeling pretty good about it at the moment; my goal is to be able to run the whole race. Here's to making that happen...who knows, if all goes well, maybe I'll pluck up the courage to try the half-marathon in January.

Hopefully no one will mind another newbie on the thread-- as a thread stalker, it's been very encouraging reading about what everyone is able to do. Here's to you all!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hi everyone! New to the thread and to running in general, but finally feel like I've accomplished something worth posting (at least as far as my progress is concerned!).

I've been working with C25K for a while, and yesterday for the first time, was able to run for 25 min with no breaks (W6D3). 2.75 miles in 35:00, with the 5 minute walk warm-up and 5 min cool down. Fastest pace was 9:18/mile. It's not much in the scheme of things, but for this gal who used to have a lot of trouble doing any kind of running, it just felt GOOD. At the time I felt like I could've kept going, but my legs today are just sore enough that I'm glad I didn't push myself too far. I've been training for the E:E Adventure in just under three weeks and am feeling pretty good about it at the moment; my goal is to be able to run the whole race. Here's to making that happen...who knows, if all goes well, maybe I'll pluck up the courage to try the half-marathon in January.

Hopefully no one will mind another newbie on the thread-- as a thread stalker, it's been very encouraging reading about what everyone is able to do. Here's to you all!

Welcome to the thread and congratulations on getting your running going!! I did the C25K - it works great! I can get to 15 miles, and started just like you did. Let us know how everything goes!

JillC LI

Welcome and congratulations! Many of us, myself included, have been where you are, and you deserve all that pride. Keep up the good work, and we look forward to seeing you on the board. :wave:

dreamfinder

I had a 20+ head wind, uphill both ways this morning. ed me off.

8 Mi Sat morning at BQ pace. Gotta love < 40 temps, running into like a 20 MPH wind. I felt like one of those old timers afterwards. Walked to school both ways, barefoot, uphill, into the wind, with no light.....

~17 mi on Sunday a bit off of pace, but need the miles as much.

Have to give mad props to the Boston runners today! New WR for the men by almost a minute!! They lucked out with the tail wind and great temps. Dramatic finishes for all but the womens wheelchair. Photo finish (I think) for the men wheelchairs, and two great battles down the line for the runners. Would have been nice to see a USA champ, but 2nd womens and 4th mens ain't to bad.

joel_maxwell

Welcome. Congrats on the accomplishments. We all started some place.

Keep it up. Im glad we are encouraging, but Ill say that all stories including yours are encouraging to everyone. :wave:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer

Welcome. Follow whatever PhoneDave writes, don't be intimidated by
jamxwell007's speed, and please, don't ever copy/listen/take advice from me :D...unless you want to be injured. Cheers.

Ariel484

I have been semi-lurking for awhile and am going to try to post here more regularly...:)

9x400 "sprints" today...I am terrible at speedwork. :hurl:

Phonedave

The first step is the hardest. A lot of us started with C25K (myself included). No accomplishment is insignificant, what matters is you are pushing yourself and not quitting, but instead getting better every day. That is one of the great things about running. Sure you can compete against others for the fastest time, but you can also compete against YOURSELF - and when you win against yourself, well ..... OK, I got nothin' here, but it sure sounded good at the start. I'll have to think about this one for a while and get back to you.

Anyway. Keep up the good work and welcome to our little world in this corner of WDW Magic.

-dave

Phonedave

Welcome. Follow whatever PhoneDave writes, don't be intimidated by
jamxwell007's speed, and please, don't ever copy/listen/take advice from me :D...unless you want to be injured. Cheers.

Send me all your cash.

Go ahead, follow it. I dare you.

Seriously, thanks Nick, but I hardly deserve that praise.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom