What at WDW Makes You Cry...

LoriMistress

I'm the "bad @ss with the heart of gold" kind of girl. So, of course, I get worked up and cry a bit at WDW. Here are the normal things that usually get to me:

*Before leaving to one of the parks for the first time and it finally hits me that we're at WDW. After all the planning and stress, the trip is finally here.

*Seeing the enterance at MK, and walking through MSUSA and seeing Cinderella's Castle...it takes my breath away.

*Hearing the park music. Brings back childhood memories of watching THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF DISNEY and other fine cartoons.

*Going on a "classic" ride like PPF, SpM, The Teacups, etc.

*Seeing Donald Duck. My favorite character always gets to me.

*Watching night time shows (Fantasmic, Wishes, etc.)

*Seeing happy famlies and little kids excited being in the parks.

yensidtlaw1969

I was very close to tears on my last visit because the haunted mansion was down for a 10 day rehab. I went to the park knowing full well it would be down, and I tried to prep myself for it, but if you know me with the Mansion at all this makes complete sense. Don't worry, I'll make up for lost time next month . . . :D

Yensid "Grim Grinning Ghosts come out to socialize . . . for everyone else that is. When I'm there they stay well hidden, locked up in the mansion for what seems like an eternity.

Yes yes." tlaw1969

HoW

I have never actually cried on a trip, but have come close a couple of times. The things that choke me up are things that reminds me of my dad. We used to go as a whole family, but those trips just seemed very much like father and son adventures. (I'm hoping to get him back there for another one soon!) Also, listening to the park music after I've been away for a while, and hearing a piece of music that just overflows with memeories can definitely bring me to tears.

Boray

Whenever we go I begin to cry the minute we see the "Walt Disney World" signage. I feel a little silly, but hey, I'm excited to be there. I always cry when we get into the MK and see the castle - it does it to me everytime. I always look around to see if I'm the only one crying, and it seems as though I am. :veryconfu (Maybe they are all busy trying to hide their excitement too!!)

The music (in of all of the parks) always gives me a lump in my throat. So much of it is just beautiful music.

It's good to know that there are others out there that cry when they get to this magical place and I'm not the only one.

The one thing that makes me cry at Disney is watching Wishes on my last night at the Magic Kingdom. In the morning I will have to get up and take the long drive back to Illinois and my vacation will be over. It always brings a tear to my eye no matter how many times I have been there.

"Grow eyes for poachers."

CAPTAIN HOOK

Me - nothing (I must be a real heartless type of guy), but the wife - she only has to listen to the Illuminations soundtrack and the tears are rolling down those cheeks

tink81

The normal stuff, Wishes, Illuminations, Fantasmic!, American Adventure, any parade, entering WDW property, leaving WDW property, and once a little girl our bus back to the hotel started crying because she had to go home the next day so I started crying too; yeah it was our first day of vacation. I guess it was the impending sorrow of leaving WDW that made me so sad, even though our vacation was barely just beginning!

Nemo14

When we were having our last breakfast at POR before catching the ME bus last May, I had our spray bottle fans on the table with us since they didn't really fit in our luggage. There was a family sitting near us who had obviously just arrived, so I gave them the fans, and the older woman in the group shed a tear about it. That was all it took for me....I cried my eyes out that they were just beginning their vacation!

LudwigVonDrake

Nemo14 said:
When we were having our last breakfast at POR before catching the ME bus last May, I had our spray bottle fans on the table with us since they didn't really fit in our luggage. There was a family sitting near us who had obviously just arrived, so I gave them the fans, and the older woman in the group shed a tear about it. That was all it took for me....I cried my eyes out that they were just beginning their vacation!

That was very nice of you! :)

disneytati

amykissangel said:
Mine are seeing the Castle for that first time on the trip, Fantasmic (beginning AND when the boat comes out at the end),Spectromagic, and the "Welcome, welcome, welcome" of the opening of MK...or maybe I'm the only sobbing geek in the parks....:lookaroun

LOL No, you're not! I am one of the biggest sobbing geeks, as I don't even need to be at WDW to get misty-eyed. The Wishes song is enough to make me get misty-eyed, and I cry every time I see it. Spectromagic is the same! Philharmagic too.

And I agree with everyone who said that arriving at WDW makes them cry. I am always soooooo happy, so thankful for being able to go back to WDW (specially the Magic Kingdom), that I just can't help crying a bit. And best of all: it's OK to cry!!! Nobody looks at you as if you were a freak, or get worried and come to ask if you need any help. They just know what's going on and it's a natural thing to happen there.

amykissangel said:
EDIT: I just had to add this because I saw a rerun of Extreme Makeover Home Edition the other day. Did anyone else see the episode where Disney opened it's nighttime doors to the little kids who were allergic to the sun, and couldn't go outside because they would get skin cancer or horrible, horrible burns?

The part where the little girl (8 or 9 years old) who NEVER got to meet the Princesses (because they were only out during the day) goes tearing up to them...and Aurora and Cinderella give her big hugs, and her Mom is bawling and she is bawling...I was also bawling..

OMG!!!! I didn't see that one!!! I love Extreme Makeover Home Edition, but I guess not all the episodes are sent down here. :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom